My husband, our seventeen daughter and I just came back from our two days vacation at El Silencio. We wanted a place to relax and we certainly found it. The first day we took a walk to the little town, just half a mile from the hotel. We visited a "pulperia" where doña Olga a don Carlos open their home to show us how to make "cajetas" a typical costarican sweet. At night, it was a little cold, so we got in to the room's outdoors warm jacuzzi. Next day, we had a two hour guided tour to the hotel waterfalls, the organic garden and the trout ponds. Then we had a mud massage at the spa and finished with a spectacular lunch. The beds in the room where very confortable, the people very nice and the natural /organic / relax / authentic / concept of the hotel convinced us that this is an unique place and we are very happy to have found it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Silencio Lodge & Spa is a unique luxury cloud forest hotel set in Costa Rica's pristine Bajos del Toro region. Flanked by two national parks, this all-suite and private villa hotel combines upscale comforts with an intense natural immersion experience. Outstanding features include farm-to-table cuisine, a wellness spa, an adventure park, and authentic cultural experiences. Zip-lining, rappelling, horseback riding, waterfall hiking, oxcart painting, Tico cooking lessons and more can be enjoyed by couples and families (minimum age: 8). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your El Silencio Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Silencio Hotel Bajos Del Toro
- El Silencio Lodge & Spa Costa Rica/Bajos Del Toro