What a surprise! When my travel agent and friend recommended El Silencio I thought it looked a little too "Spa-like" for my future husband to enjoy, so postponed booking our honeymoon until she talked me into it.
We were both pleasantly surprised by this amazing place. Each cabin has a private covered patio, perfect for sharing a bottle of wine and watching the thunderstorms and fireflies in the evening and a private jacuzzi to relax after a day of hiking on one of the beautiful trails nearby.
The food was beyond my expectations. All the cuisine is local and very fresh. They have their own organic garden, chickens and trout ponds right on the property. We tried nearly everything on the menu in our 4 days there and were never disappointed.
There are many activities nearby to choose from, so even when we got a little itch to do something adventurous, the staff were there to make sure it happened for us. There is so much to do on the property, you really don't need to leave, but there is also a gorgeous waterfall about 10 minutes away that we were eager to rappel.
The spa is amazing - the couples rainforest aromatherapy massage was just what we needed on our first vacation as a couple together.
If you are looking for a unique, relaxing place where you come away feeling refreshed and healthy, this is the place.
The staff were all so welcoming and eager to make our stay a complete dream that we will never forget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Silencio Lodge & Spa is a unique luxury cloud forest hotel set in Costa Rica's pristine Bajos del Toro region. Flanked by two national parks, this all-suite and private villa hotel combines upscale comforts with an intense natural immersion experience. Outstanding features include farm-to-table cuisine, a wellness spa, an adventure park, and authentic cultural experiences. Zip-lining, rappelling, horseback riding, waterfall hiking, oxcart painting, Tico cooking lessons and more can be enjoyed by couples and families (minimum age: 8). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your El Silencio Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Silencio Hotel Bajos Del Toro
- El Silencio Lodge & Spa Costa Rica/Bajos Del Toro