“A fantastic experience at a beautiful hotel”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Golf La Grotte
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife and I spent two wonderful nights at the La Grotte Hotel. Antonella gave us a clean and spacious room with a balcony overlooking the valley and mountains of San Donato. The view was spectacular. I came to San Donato to see the home where my mother (Clementina Quintiliani) was born and to get some more information on the family tree. I accomplished that but I was also overwhelmed by the beauty and history of San Donato. Antonella and Cesidio were so pleasant and helpful. We had breakfast and dinner at their restaurant and the food especially the pasta dishes were outstanding and the service was exceptional. I felt like I was back at my mother's house for her Sunday dinners. The gardens on the hotel grounds were beautiful and well kept. I wish we had spent more time in San Donato and we will definitely do so next time. I highly recommend La Grotte Hotel and restaurant if you are planning to visit San Donato. You will be more than pleasantly surprised.

Room Tip: Recommend to get a room that overlooks the valley and mountain range.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is a perfect hotel located about 2 hours drive south of Rome and about 1 hour drive to Pompei. I stayed here from 8/18 to 8/24; 6 wonderful days enjoying the surrounding villages set in the most beautiful mountain, valley and lakes region of southern Italy. The golf course and swimming pool are among the best. The very reasonable daily rate, to my surprise, included 3 full classic Italian meals. You will be surprisingly pleased when you check out and Antonella (your hostess) rewards you for each day you dined in her on-site dining room. Truly unbeatable accommodations and value.

Room Tip: I know rooms 205 and 206 have a wonderful view of the surrounding countryside which will start your...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank peep5050
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Just back from a really pleasant stay at La Grotte, staff were very friendly and attentive rooms were spacious and comfortable with air conditioning which was really necessary because the temperatures were in the high 20's.Would highly recommend the hotel and look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I recently got married at La Grotte and stayed for four nights and it was perfect. The staff, especially Simonetta and Nadia, could not have been more helpful or accommodating. All our guests loved the hotel, from the amazing food and friendly service to the stunning location and pool.

The rooms are clean, spacious, air conditioned and many have balconies. Breakfasts are lovely, with fresh fruit, coffee, breads etc.

In regards to the wedding itself, it was brilliant. The room was decorated beautifully, the food was stunning and the staff excellent. We were pleased to bits as to how it all went - so thanks a million!!!!

We'll be back soon!

Room Tip: Those with balconies at the front of the hotel have lovely views.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We have had many opportunities to stay at the La Grotte over several years and we always look forward to our next trip there. The accomodations are comfortable. The restaurant quality, food and service are excellent. The grounds are filled with flowers that add to the whole atmosphere there in the summer. As american travelers we are very happy at the La Grotte and would recommend it to others visiting the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jim L
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights whilst in the area for a wedding. The food was excellent and plentiful, the room was clean and comfortable and the staff friendly.The English was limited but enough for us all to get by. Would definitely come back - very good value for money.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sharin_in_shanghai
Reviewed November 15, 2012

To add to my review of three years ago: When we got to Hotel La Grotte, I realized when unpacking that I had neglected to pack a prescription medication. I was close to panic. They drove me to a pharmacy, found a pharmacist who spoke English who told me that this medication was non-prescription in Italy. I bought enough for the rest of the trip, and for pocket change! They saved my vacation; they really did. I still have the belly (had to buy all new pants,) but I now see it as a souvenir of wonderful meals in a wonderful place with wonderful hosts. I do so hope to get back there one day. (Stayed here in 2009-- "when did you travel" won't let me go back that far.)

Room Tip: Rooms in back look at the mountains. Rooms in front look at the valley. Choose your favorite beaut...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple