“What a find!”

Le Vivier Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We spotted this restaurant on a previous trip but didn't have time to sample the food. What impressed us then was the 'Boat' of seafood. Thankfully we have managed another day trip. The food was excellent especially the Moules frites. The staff are friendly and helpful and they have diabled facilities - unprecedented for a french establishment in a village.

1  Thank Puffinandperegrine

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Friendly,helpful staff ,exceptional seafood, bright clean and unpretentious. Interesting nautical deoration................ Would recomend to all

2  Thank John H
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I recently ate at the Le Vivier hotel restaurant having heard that it specialised in seafood. I ordered the Paella, my wife had the Marmite. A few minutes into the meal I asked her what she thought of her choice and she said she thought it was not very good, I had to agree, in fact as a qualified cookery teacher I knew it was pretty bad. The only discernable flavour was salt. The fish was not fresh and the vegetables in either dish tasted of nothing. We sent our main course back and asked for dessert. I had for the lemon tart, which was a stale and soggy lemon meringue accompanied by a squirt of artificial cream which I had specifically asked not be included, This I also sent back, As an alternative the menu offered a selection of cheeses but we were told that none were available, a first in my experience in a French restaurant. The service however was excellent and the waiter dealt with my subsequent complaint professionally and we agreed a heafty reduction in the bill. This is an expensive restaurant and the food when we ate there was truly dreadful.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Very good food, kinda pricey though but definiteley worth it!

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Second time we have stayed and wonderful as always. Seafood great and very friendly restuarant staff. We'll be back next time we're passing