“Food tastes good!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I can understand why this place gets mixed reviews...the service is not exactly attentive or friendly but the food was very good. Go and try to enjoy a slightly bizarre experience at Le Normandie!

There are newer reviews for Le Normandy

Reviewed November 21, 2012

As mentioned in the title, this was something of a treat following a long journey and a time of panic looking for accommodation. I opted for this restaurant ahead of the one in the hotel where I was staying because it seemed to be more popular.
Quite clearly this is a traditional French restaurant, quite formal, and the service was good from the outset. I had a pastis as an aperitif and chose a main course with a dessert. I have to say I was a little disappointed with the main which was fish. I was hoping for something outstanding, given that the prices weren't especially cheap. It was ok but nothing more.
However, the dessert, creme brûlée, which can so easily go wrong, was superb.
All together a meal that was adequate without being spectacular, but with a dessert that was delicious.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

OK - the place is a little old fashioned and service 'relaxed', but we had a perfectly pleasant meal when we dropped in without a reservation a week ago,
The waiter helped me to choose dairy-free options from the menu. No problem at all.
Don't go if you're in a hurry - just go with the flow and enjoy the tradition!

1  Thank Matley54
Reviewed August 21, 2012

The restaurant looks a bit old-fashioned, but we had a really great dinner. We took the menu for €28 which meant that you could choose a starter, a main course and a dessert. I had "assiette de fruits de mer" (seafood platter including oysters, shrimps, and different shellfish, all very fresh and delicious), followed by "coquilles Saint-Jacques" (scallops) with a superb risotto and green asparagus and then a delicious chocolate cake to finish. My friends' plates looked and tasted also great. If I ever return to Wissant (lovely little village with nice beaches btw), I'll book at Le Normandy!

Reviewed June 6, 2012

Good food, good service and reasonable prices. Only 20 minutes drive back to the Tunnel sous La Manche.

1  Thank Gary D