“RETURN TRIP”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Returned after 25 years and did not see much change! Cold and very wet day on the way back to the ferry so last lunch in France for a while, Reception in the bar was not exactly warm but the coffee was good.Lunch was adequate and the service was OK. Prices seemed reasonable and there was no long delay. Waitresses were friendly but the none-waiting staff rather cold.Were not given any fond farewells. Would return again in the same circumstances but there are certainly better placesto eat on the way back to the ferry!

5  Thank notrab

Reviewed April 17, 2012

Where to start. Awfully rude woman owner. Very poor food. Very slow to be served then a long looooong wait between courses. Very unfriendly to children. Just awful. Easily the worst restaurant I've ever been to in France. Nasty.

I hope this saves someone from an unpleasant experience.

8  Thank SwedesUK
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We came in for lunch during a seafood degustation - there were plenty of laid tables available but we were directed to an empty table which was next to where the owner was keeping watch on the bills.
Well it took a long time to get any more attention, we were close to the walk out stage - i wish we had.
We ordered sea snails and fish soup. In the time it took for the sea snails to arrive I can honesty say that I didnt see any of the waiting staff crack a single smile. The dining room had the atmosphere of a morgue.
The sea snails were so-so and the fish soup which followed was a little better, but nowhere near good enough to redeem the terrible service!

I will use one of the other restaurants in Wissant next time we visit - I get the feeling the staff are going through the motions...

3  Thank pnetster
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Last meal before the train home....and my birthday. Ok it was a Sunday , but, the first course took nearly an hour to arrive...no bread or water to keep us going ...it was getting on for 2.30.....check in looming...the bilingual lady on the next table told us we were being too polite, and we weren't the only ones looking hungrily at each other!
Should have checked trip advisor reviews first!

6  Thank hackettsathome
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I don't know why others have had such bad experiences here. I brought a group of 12 after eating here several times before and everyone was delighted with the restaurant. The food was good, the staff polite, and we didn't experience any of the issues the other reviewers have complained about. Indeed, if I'd had any of those bad experiences previously I wouldn't have been returning. Don't trust all the bad reviews.

1  Thank bienypense