“Back from Holiday and highlight were evenings at Lillo Tatini!”
Review of Lillo Tatini

Lillo Tatini
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Panicale
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We spend our holidays twice a year in Umbria. (We are Italian citizens and have a retirement home in the area). I travel all over (50-60 flights a year) and go out to eat at high end restaurants 8 to 10 times a week for entertaining clients. So when I travel for holiday I am looking for great service, excellent food for that region and extended wine list. So, on my most recent vacation with my family we hit all the local restaurants in local towns. (Panicale, Paciano, Pienza, Castiglione,Citta Del Pieve,Etc). We have been going for a few years and have tried some great restaurants BUT none have overtaken the level of service, food and wine that Lillo Tatini supplies. We went three times for dinner when we were there trying pretty much everything on the menu. The rabbit, wild boar and home made pasta dishes are second to none in the area. The wine list is far and away the best in the region. The dedication to detail and knowledge of food in the region and wines is 2nd to none when it comes to Patrizia. She has been in the restaurant/kitchen since she was a child. She is a fanatic when it comes down to the right Olive Oil, the decor, quality of vegetables,etc.. Walk into Lillo Tatini and you will see what I mean. (The other restaurants do not come close to the decor and detail that this restaurant has). The dishes are true to the Umbrian region including the beans, meats and fish.
To top it off the desserts are the most extensive and delicious we have had in any restaurant in Umbria. Lastly, the warmth of the owners is just something you look for not only as someone that lives there but also for tourist. They sit with you, ask about family, life,etc.. The other restaurants don't have this warmth. (It does help that they speak English). Lastly, we last went out in October and we could not sit outside because of the weather. This last holiday it was great. The view is the BEST in Panicale.. You sit out on the terrace and look out over the whole Piazza. You are able to sit and watch the activity below. Just a magical place... Bravo Lillo Tatini!!

3  Thank Anthony C

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I went on a business trip with my friends to Umbria and had to look at properties with a family member. I dabble in wine distribution here in the states and love Italian food. (Family is Italian from the Northeast here in the states and from Lazio). We visited several restaurants in Umrbia in the Lake Region of Castiglione, Paciano, Panicale and also Perugia... We started out at Lillo Tatini at the beginning of my trip and thought the food was to die for.. Visited several other lovely restaurants around the area but none compared to Lillo Tatini. I first had the rabbit and fennel dish, which just blew me away, then I had the desserts which were second to anything that I had on our trip. The wine selection was the best that I saw in the region while i was there and it was at reasonable price. I went back at the end of our trip for our last meal and had a truffles and pasta dish that was the best dish i had my whole two weeks.. IT was loaded with truffles and homemade pasta.. I love truffles and probably had them every day if I could. This was my favorite dish of the trip. I also loved the hospitality of the owner Vittorio.. He sat with us and was deeply interested in what we did, how long we were here,etc.. He spoke very good English and was a joy to have around the table.. He also at the end of the evening broke out the Lemocello tahat his wife made. I have traveled the whole country in the states and never have had meals like I have had at Lillo Tatini. It was a true Umbrian/Italian experience. Not sure when I am going back but they will be my first stop!!!

3  Thank Bob G
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Have been coming to Panicale and Umbria for a few years.. Every time I/we go we must stop in and eat at Lillo Tatini. The owner has been working in the restaurant business since she was a child. Her and her husband are from the town and use local ingredients with amazing aplomb! The pasta dishes are great and what she does with wild boar is fabulous. The list of homemade desserts are just nothing you will see in Umbria. The restaurant decor is one of two places I know in the area that have such warm and classy decor. (GMB being the other). If you are in a 30 KM radius, I would make an effort to coming out to see Patrizia and Vittorio the owners of Lillo Tatini. You will not be disappointed!!

4  Thank Bat M
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were sent to this place in the heart of what feels like a medieval town and it was heavenly. The service was great [a brother and sister run it], the food creative and the wine list was expansive. You definitely need a reservation - call ahead!

4  Thank abbygailnyc
Reviewed July 4, 2012

to this was the best restaurant I have eaten at in years. I still remember the gnocchi with truffles. And the creme brule. To die for!

4  Thank CaliforniaPlayful