Weekend passed on to us by our son as his partner had to be admitted to A&E on the Thursday; my wife and I (in our eighties) arrived in the dark after a delayed journey (accident on the M25) to a lovely welcome at reception - my son had phoned and changed the reservation name. We had a ground-floor room and it was lovely, well equipped, good furniture, two chairs (unusual these days); bathroom large and clean with deep bath and separate shower.
Well-stocked service area - with real ground coffee in clever filter sachets.
Bed was large and comfortable with two pillows each (two were feather-filled)
We booked a table for early dinner when we booked in; wide-range menu, plenty of choice, promptly served by attentive young staff. Early to bed as we wanted to relax and read - excellent lighting. A good night's sleep.
Breakfast Saturday with a very wide selection of self-serve, hot food was hot and not dried up, good selection of cereals; good toast facilities. Reception provided a map of Cambridge which we visited on a lovely sunny (cold) day; it was very crowded with queues for all cafes and restaurants so we came back to Cambourne - a new town - and visited Morrisons, just across the road and bought some deli for our afternoon tea. Both tired so we chilled out in our room.
Sunday we had a lie-in and went for another super breakfast (08.00 till 11.00), checking out at 11.00 - the receptionist recognised us and asked if we had enjoyed Cambridge (which we had).
Summary: Excellent facilities, cheery and attentive staff at all levels. Only reason for not using spa facilities was our age and physical condition. Thanks to all staff for a lovely weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cambridge Belfry is located in Cambourne in Cambridgeshire. It is only a short distance from many major road networks including the M1 and A1. The hotel is oh so close to the famous city of Cambridge, so whether you fancy punting on the river or a tour of the famous University, you'll be there in no time at all. The hotel has 120 bedrooms, a state of the art leisure club, a relaxing spa and 8 meeting and conference rooms. Take advantage of the sophisticated meeting rooms equipped with the latest technology to help your meetings run smoothly.When it comes to dining, you can enjoy seasonal specialities that the talented Chefs create overlooking the lovely, edge-of-the-village lakeside view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cambridge Belfry - a q Hotel Cambourne
- Cambridge Belfry Cambourne