Just completed our third visit to the Cambridge Belfry and every time we've been, our stay has been completely faultless. Stunning setting, beautiful facilities, lovely, attentive staff, spacious and comfortable rooms; we enjoyed ourselves so much this visit that we ended up booking another night spur-of-the-moment! The spa can unfortunately get rather busy, but having popped down late on a very busy, fully booked Saturday morning the staff still managed to squeeze myself and my boyfriend in for a treatment each, and we still at some points had the pool and jacuzzi to ourselves! Our only negative was the state of the male changing rooms, which I was informed were not particularly clean, although as previously said we did visit during peak times. I didn't happen to notice this problem with the female changing rooms, although did notice that the floors did get very, very wet making it difficult to change. The rest of the hotel was spotless though!
The restaurant and bar are lovely, both serving beautiful and well portioned food, although if you do get bored or decided to try something else (Our booking for the second night was too short notice to include dinner!) we would recommend the Monkfield Arms pub across the road next to Morrisons which, although not quite as good quality as the hotel, is very good value for money. If you do get the dinner inclusive deal the menu is very extensive with each guest being allowed £26 each, anything above which will be charged to your room. This amount however easily allows you a 3 course meal if you fancy one so can't see this being a problem for many. This amount doesn't include drinks however, which can be quite pricy, especially spirits, with a vodka and lemonade costing almost £5 a drink!
Our only other problem was with the bed, which is completely personal preference as we both strongly dislike hard beds! Other than this the Belfry really is excellent, we would definitely highly recommend it and will certainly be returning ourselves for the fourth time!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cambridge Belfry is located in Cambourne in Cambridgeshire. It is only a short distance from many major road networks including the M1 and A1. The hotel is oh so close to the famous city of Cambridge, so whether you fancy punting on the river or a tour of the famous University, you'll be there in no time at all. The hotel has 120 bedrooms, a state of the art leisure club, a relaxing spa and 8 meeting and conference rooms. Take advantage of the sophisticated meeting rooms equipped with the latest technology to help your meetings run smoothly.When it comes to dining, you can enjoy seasonal specialities that the talented Chefs create overlooking the lovely, edge-of-the-village lakeside view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cambridge Belfry - a q Hotel Cambourne
- Cambridge Belfry Cambourne