“B 4 Belfry”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cambourne
Truro, United Kingdom
“B 4 Belfry”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Had a wonderful time at this hotel we found the staff very friendly and very helpful the room we were given was fantastic even had two tv s one for soaps for me one for my husband we even had a fart bath could not fault the room at all . The breakfast was very good plenty to choose from this was our first stay will be going back for sure.

Room Tip: Try a get a junior room they are BRILL
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Val L,
Thank you for your kind review. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed on your kind words to the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back shortly!
Kind Regards,
Chris Marais

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Korean first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Very disappointing for a supposed 4-star hotel. Room was OK but communal areas, particularly the bar, nondescript and lacking in atmosphere. Check-in and heck-out n and cbrusque and hotel staff generally young and lacking in experience. Main course at dinner had to be returned as fish was half-raw. Will not be returning in a hurry.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jimbo263
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Jimbo263,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear your stay did not meet all of your expectations. I am particularly disappointed that your experiences in reception and the restaurant were not up to scratch. I am glad that we were able to replace your main course so quickly but clearly it would have been much better to have got it right in the first place. Please be assured that we will be using your feedback to continue to improve the service we offer to our guests. I hope that perhaps some time in the not too distant future, you give us the opportunity to show this improvement to you by coming and visiting us again.

Oakham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Visited this hotel on the weekend of the 28th Sept and it was fantastic. We got there at 11am and technically could not check in until 3pm, but since the rooms were already ready they let us in straight away. The room was spotless, and the twin beds very comfy. Not a great view, but I wasn't planning on spending much time in the room! We went straight down for coffee and a pastry in the bar, sat outside by the patio by the lake in the sun which was wonderful. The fish in the lake are fab.! Loved how they have clearly put a lot of thought into accomadating wildlife in their wild areas, there were Goldfinches everywhere. Also information about the Wildlife Trust in the lobby was great. Then we had lunch, a tasty buffet. And we went down 20mins before it ended and for both the main course and the dessert they staff came to check we were done before they cleared anything away. Then we had our treatments, I had a back massage and a facial, both of which were great. After the treatments we chilled in the pool, steam room, sauna etc. Very nice, very clean pool. There were a few kids about which was a surprise, but we also noted they are not allowed in first thing in the morning or in the evening. No problem, more excuses to hang out in the jacuzzi! Then we went for the dinner, £26 of which was included in our spa deal. It was so delicious, came out very quickly we were very very pleased. There was a wedding on in the spa and that just added to the fun! After a great night's sleep we were up at 8am to use the pool before an all you can eat breakfast. I had a breakfast of champions but there was also toast, cereal and pastries galour to choose from. Unlimited coffees and tea of any variety, made from Costa machines which was brilliant. Then we had more treatments in the spa. There was a mix up where my friend wanted hot stones with her massage but they didn't have it writted down. Not a problwem, they swapped around something, and got her sorted immediately, and then didn't charge for the hot stones! One of my treatmetns slightly over ran the check out time, so the desk said we could stay in the room an extra half an hour. I was sad to leave, every single member of staff was warm, friendly and helpful. I want to go back immediately! We are going to get more friends invloved and make it a yearly trip as it was truly splendid. Thank you so much for a great break!

Room Tip: We had a twin room on the first floor, which was convenient and comfortable.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sarah P,
thank you for your very kind review. I was very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay so much! Special thanks for acknowledging the work we do with the Wild Life trust, its a key focus for us to look after our surroundings and community. I have passed on your kind words to the rest of the team and really were very thankful for your kind words. We all very much look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Cambridge Belfry.
Tilbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2013

what a lovely clean well presented hotel ,,,rooms very good......there was a wedding going on whilst we were there so atmosphere was excellent!!!i would recommend any one to stay ,and if i need to stay Cambridge again i will definitely book this hotel again...

Room Tip: well the room we stayed was brilliant...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mark L,
Many thanks for your kind review! Very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Oakham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Although this is a very busy hotel - a wedding and two large functions on the day I arrived - I was pleasantly surprised and relieved by how quiet it was in the evening in my room. I found the public areas a little noisy with piped music and televisions on during the day but at least I was able to escape to a quiet room as the bedrooms are at the opposite end of the building from the function rooms. I was there over the weekend Saturday to Monday at a difficult time as my husband was undergoing surgery at nearby Papworth Hospital. I can't praise the reception staff enough for their kindness and the breakfast staff were also kind and attentive.

Room Tip: First floor towards the back of the building is quieter if there are functions on but it's gener...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Oakhambloom,
Many thanks for your kind review, and thank you for kind words. I have passed on your praises to the team. Very pleased you enjoyed the stay and service the team gave you.
operations Manager
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Very nice couple of days were had here, the room quality was of a very good standard and the evening meals in the restaurant were excellent.The Q hotels staff were friendly and helpful as always. We will return again in the future when we are in the area.

Room Tip: Room upgrade is worth every penny
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sooty1958,
Many thanks for your kind review. i was very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I have passed on your compliments to the team. We look forward to welcoming you back shortly,
essex
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Just come back from a 2 night stay as guests of the Masons 'Bedford Lodge' for their Annual Ladies Weekend function. We stayed last year and then, the whole weekend was a complete nightmare. I did complain at the time, but I am glad to say that this year, it was a complete turnaround.
From the time we arrived, we were made to feel very welcome , good room and staff very attentive. The food on Friday was good, however the food on Saturday was exceptional. Please pass thanks onto the chef and his staff. The staff that represented the Hotel at the functions on Friday and Saturday were very professional, welcoming and made both evenings a joy to be at.
Breakfast was also excellent, and I used the Pool, Jacuzzi and steam room facilities.
I would have no doubt now, recommending friends to the Hotel, and would certainly stay at the Hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear EssexAmber,
Thank you for your review! I am very pleased you all enjoyed your weekend with us. We all very much enjoyed looking after you and are very thankful for your kind words. I have shared this with the team. Look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambourne
The Varsity Hotel & Spa
#9 of 36 in Cambridge
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,133 reviews
Hilton Cambridge City Centre
Hallmark Hotel Cambridge

Been to The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel? Share your experiences!