The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel
$53
Travelodge
$154
$93
Travelodge Huntingdon Fenstanton(Fenstanton)(Great Value!)
$57
  • Restaurant
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
1,889 results
All reviewsspa breakrelaxation roomlovely spaspa staffpenthouse suitepark and rideseparate showersteam roomhen weekendrestaurant staffsunday morningtwo night staytea and coffeebiscuitscambridge belfrybreakaway clubmorrisons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I met an old friend here and just stayed for the one night. The hotel is lovely looking from the outside and the reception staff were very welcoming and helpful when we requested recommendations for restaurants as we didn't know the area. Room service was quick and very reasonably priced and the breakfast in the morning was varied and of good quality. Plus one of the morning breakfast waitresses was the sweetest lady ever, I forgot to take her name but she was so happy to help she was a real gold star. The only 'not so good' point was the location, Cambourne seems to be a fairly newly built town and therefore you don't really get the feel that you would expect from Cambridge - however I suppose if you wanted that you need to choose somewhere closer to the centre. Overall it's a great place to stop for a short stay and if needed I will happily stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, General Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear BeckySorrell

A very kind review, thank you. I'm glad everyone look after you and in particular, at breakfast. I will certainly share you comments with the team.
You are correct, Cambourne is a new village and not to everyone's taste but it has fabulous link in to the city centre, which in the long run, saves money on parking and the stress of actual get in to the city.
We look forward to looking after you again.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had a really lovely stay here, albeit just for the one night. The staff who checked us in were friendly, professional and efficient which was great after a long hard day.
Our room was lovely. Very tastefully furnished, decent size, clean and really comfortable. There seem to be some other comments on here to the contrary, but all we can comment on is our own experience and we certainly had no complaints in that area whatsoever.
There was a singer providing entertainment in the bar which was highly enjoyable. And she's a real trooper, stoically keeping going even when there was no one around to listen! The meal was great, and the waiter was extremely friendly and attentive for which he should be commended (if only I could remember his name!).
The only negatives we encountered were a particularly noisy group of young women who were presumably on a hen night. This spoilt the ambience of the restaurant for us, which up until that point had been lovely. The other was checking out, which took far too long. We tried to check out at 11am, the official check out time, just as a whole group of people arrived from a wedding party to check in. They only had one person on reception at this time (later two) which resulted in me having to queue for 15 minutes just to settle to bill and hand back the key.
But these two issues aside, we'd certainly return if we were in the area again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Essex-couple-1

Dear Essex-couple-1

Thank you for your review and I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I note your comment re checkout and will share this with my Reception Manager, to see if we can limit the inconvenience to guests when a group checkout happens.
We look forward to looking after you again, should you be in the area.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Just spent 2 nights at the Belfry. Rooms really dirty, cobwebs in the bath room, dead moth on bedside cabinet, only 1 bath towel and 1 small towel for two people. Room service appalling, cold expensive and sauce was missing. At breakfast the staff were too busy messing around to care about the guests. You almost had to beg for a second pot of coffee!

Expensive and definitely not worth it, would never stay in a Q hotel ever again!

Room Tip: Stay clear of this dirty hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Vicky E

Dear Vicky E

I am very disappointed to read your review, as it clearly falls below are usual standard. We will be contacting you directly to discuss your experience. Until then, please except my apologies.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Romantic / Relaxing Spa Weekend for 2.
We had a Spa Weekend Package, and felt it was really great value for money.

The treatments were well priced (outside of what was included), and the ladies were really friendly.
The facilities were top notch - not sure what else we could have asked for.
The food was great, lot's of choice, and all very well done - good chef's.
Room's were clean, & spacious.
Staff were EXCELLENT. Especially Cheryl who was running the Spa Weekend guests, she couldn't do enough for us. Cheryl aside, we thought every member of the team pulled their weight, and presented a great image.
Grounds were well kept.

Negatives?
AVOID ROOM 317. Lift's are well over due for a service - was difficult to sleep, due to the noise (lift's directly behind the wall our heads were on). As a result, and sadly I must say, we returned from our "relaxing weekend" more tired than when we went. Really tainted our stay.

Would love to return, and would recommend, BUT would exercise caution before rebooking / accepting a particular room.

Room Tip: AVOID Room 317 or any that back on to the lifts (assume all floors ending in *17).
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, General Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear JimmyP_UK

Thank you for your kind review and I'm pleased you enjoyed your time with us, I have copied my team with your comments and i know they will enjoy reading them.
Our lifts undergo a monthly inspection, so I will investigate your remarks re noise and see what can be done but thank you for letting me know.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Went to the hotel for my hen do! 17 girls together, the food was wonderful and spa treatments a delight. The staff are accommodating and pleasant. I can highly recommended a stay at this hotel. The rooms were clean and having a bath and separate shower in our rooms made such a difference.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Laura B
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, General Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Laura B

Thank you for taking the time to review us here at the Cambridge Belfry. I'm pleased you enjoyed your time with us and I know my team will enjoy reading your comments.
Hopefully, we will get the opportunity to look after you again.