“Relaxing yet professional. Met all my needs.”

The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cambourne
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed here as a woman on my own following a business event. Staff were really friendly, polite, responsive and non-intrusive. Lovely evening meal proved good value for money at £16. The room was spacious and clean which led to a well earned good night's sleep. The free wifi is always a bonus. Unfortunately, I didn't get to use the spa but it looked good. Just be aware it is a good distance from the City Centre, if that is what you are looking for, this wasn't an issue for me, as I had the car.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, General Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Fifitinto

I enjoyed reading your review, which I will share with my team. I'm especially pleased that as a lady travelling on her own, you felt relaxed and well looked after.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
Mike Evans

Write a ReviewReviews (1,861)

Reviewed October 27, 2012

while the hotel was clean and tidy it lacked character and atmosphere,it seamed to be mainly used at the weekends for weddings.
on our first morning which was saturday we went to the resturant receiption ,waited a while but proceeded by ourselves as no one came to show us to our table.empty tables either contained dirty pots or weren`t fully set.after cereals and cooked food i had to ask a member of staff to clear our table as it hadn`t been done.the pot of tea that was delivered was only just warm.
sunday breakfast was even worse,a wedding party made the resturant really busy with large groups of people attending the hot food area.there should have been an extra hot food area.only one really slow toaster was available.
for the price we paid for a four star stay i found the quality really poor and i would be reluctant to stop a another q hotel

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Simon B

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us and that the wedding spoilt your fun. I will discuss your comments re breakfast with the Operations Manager, as this should not have happened no matter how busy we might be at any given time.
I do hope you will return one day so we can prove this is not the norm.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed at the Belfry last night, after a tough day all I wanted was a clean room, comfy bed and a good meal, I got all of this and more. The room was a good size, spotlessly clean and very welcoming. I went to the restaurant and had an excellent meal and the staff were outstanding, I had 5 different waiters / waitresses and every one was incredibly polite. Every employee spoke to me when I passed them In the corridors and the front desk staff were very professional. Breakfast was very enjoyable and set up my day. Well done to all of you, you are a credit to your hotel chain. i'll stay again when I'm in Cambridge next.

Dear WestburyFatbloke

Thank you for your kind review, I will share your comments with my team, who I know will be pleased. We hope you will return soon and once again thank you.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Me and my husband stayed at this hotel for a 3 night break,the room was a nice size and had everything you could need, the facilities in the Hotel and spa where great.
The staff where all very friendly and pleasant and it was nice to see plenty of staff as many places now seem to be getting rid of staff. The breakfast style buffet was excellent and the staff very helpful and always happy and friendly.
Only two negatives one being I mentioned to the receptionist on our first night about our towel rail heater not working and it didnt get fixed although this didnt seem to matter as the towels dried fine and that the plates could of been warmed for the cooked breakfast but this is being ultra picky as on a whole the place was great and we would definatly return. Congratulations to a great team of staff including the cleaners who also took the time to be polite and friendly. Thank you a lovely stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bish1971
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, General Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear Bish1971

Thank you for your review, I was aware of the plate warmer and we are waiting for a new element to arrive but not the heated rail in your room, so my thanks for pointing this out and I will ask maintenance if this has rectified yet.
The team is very important to me and I thank you for taking a little time out to write such great things about them, which I will pass on.
We look forward to welcoming you back one day.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend conference. The conference facilities were good and were more than enough for what we needed. Coffee & refreshments were served as part of the package.

The lunch buffet was surprisingly good. The selection was varied as there were many different dietary needs & I believe that everyone was catered for.

Dinner was a 3 course set menu which again was very well prepared. The lamb cooked in 2 ways was excellent.

In my room I had a separate shower & a bath. Of all the hotels I have stayed in the shower was definitely the most powerful I had and was a definite change to the dripping of other 4 star hotels.

The only downside to the hotel is that it is a about a 20 minute drive to Cambridge town.

My sleep was undisturbed as it was very quiet with a comfortable double bed.

1  Thank hareends
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, General Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear hareends

Thank you for your kind review, we are indeed 7 miles from the city centre but very close to the park and ride. Parking in Cambridge can be very expensive, in some cases over £20 for 4 or 5 hours, so we would always recommend guests to use this facility. I will share your very kind comments with my team and I thank you for taking the time to write.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Good location, spacious room. Ideal for females travelling alone on business or holiday. Good sized pool and gym with Espa treatments available. Evening meal OK breakfast selection very good - omelette worth waiting for.

1  Thank H0lidays50
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, General Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear HOlidays50

You are quite right, I like the omelette's as well. The breakfast chef will enjoy the recognition. Many thanks for your review.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Staff were lovely and so helpful they really couldn't have done more for you. The only thing that spoilt the weekend was the hotel was so busy. They had a wedding function on that felt like it took over the whole hotel which was fine of course but we did feel like wedding crashers when we went for dinner or were in the bar which was a real shame.

The spa changing rooms could do with an update. We though the food was fantastic especially for the deal we got.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ASH763
GM_Cambridge_Belfry, General Manager at The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear ASH763

Thank you for your kind review, and I apologise if you feel that the wedding guests spoilt your enjoyment a little, we do provide portable bars in the function rooms to try to elevate congestion at the main bar but doesn't appear to have worked that well on this occasion.
I will share your comments with my team, once again thank you.
Mike Evans

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambourne
Hallmark Hotel Cambridge
#2 of 37 in Cambridge
The Varsity Hotel & Spa
The Varsity Hotel & Spa
#1 of 37 in Cambridge

Been to The Cambridge Belfry - A QHotel? Share your experiences!