1,556 results
All reviews fishing village salad pool area old harbour ceiling fan plenty of sunbeds rock pools all inclusive drinks meat and fish relaxing holiday the hotel is clean plenty of choice craft market half board evening entertainment pork reception staff
Selected filters
Reviewed December 24, 2017

I know El Cotillo quite well. I've stayed in another hotel in the village twice. This was the frist time I stayed at the Cotillo Beach hotel.

I was slightly concerned to read the numerous negative comments about the food on Tripadvisor; so I was very glad to discover that many of the comments were unfair.

I stayed on a half-board basis and I found breakfast and dinner perfectly acceptable.

Chef cooked fried eggs and pancakes every morning from 8am; abundant fresh breads and rolls; muesli; cereals; yoghurt; salads.

If residents wanted piping-hot food there was a microwave oven for giving it a blitz.

I helped myself to a fresh apple every evening to take to the beach the following day.

I thought all the staff were polite and amicable; particularly Xavi in the Terazza Bar.

Two tips: a stronger wifi signal will be achieved in or just outside the Terazza bar (they have a password); and invest in a basin plug!

I bought one in a local hardware store for about two euros.

Wifi at Reception is tediously sluggish; whereas 4G is fast, though I rationed my usage of 4G because I was there for 28 days.

My room was fine: pretty much as one would expect of a three-star hotel. I only managed to get Sky News (no sign of BBC).

Take advantage of the complimentary coach into Corralejo on Thursday mornings at 10am.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
6  Thank Tim B
Reviewed December 12, 2017 via mobile

What a lovely place for a few days away from the ice and snow in England .
The staff are very friendly and helpful.

Lovely beaches nearby . Amazing waves for surfers ‍♀️ etc.

Room comfortable but basic . No aircon if yr coming in the summer wud be very hot.

Only negative is the bland food. Lunch and dinner pretty boring and only the soup was of interest for me. Breakfast is great with freshly cooked eggs and pancakes

Will Definitely visit again though as really
Lovely place

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2017

Have visited this hotel every year since it opened. The staff are excellent and exremely helpful. Unfortunately, the food has gone dowhill. The chef doesn't seem able to keep on top of the supply of hot food to the serving counter meaning that there is too often an unacceptable wait. Even then, the replacement food is sometimes different to that it replaces and of a very poor quality (eg frozen sqid rings thrown into a deep fat fryer and presented as an inedible ring of squid in greasy batter). However, breakfasts are particularly good. The rooms remain very good - as do the gardens & grounds around the pool.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank PhilRuncorn
Reviewed December 4, 2017

stayed at this hotel from 24 nov till 1 dec checkin first class room on 2nn floor over look pool lovely and clean bed comfortable plenty sun loungers around pool breakfast was great evening meal would not give 3 out of 10 soup was cold often un eat able chips cold often had to heat in microwave hotel worth 3 star just sort out evening meals

Room tip: either only 2 floors
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2017

I stayed at the Cotillo Beach for a week in November with my elderly mother on an AI basis. Our room was on the first floor overlooking the road with the sea in the distance. We had afternoon sun which was really nice to come back to in the afternoon and a couple of evenings there were stunning sunsets – we came to really love the view and were glad we were overlooking the road rather than the pool or we would have missed out on the sunset. Our room had twin beds and a bed settee and a desk with flat screen TV – though you have to pay 10 euros deposit for the remote control. There’s a large double wardrobe with glass sliding doors and a safe inside – rental is 13 euros a week. There’s no air conditioning but there’s a ceiling fan which was fine as we didn’t need air con in November. There isn’t a lift so if you are on the first floor you have to carry the cases up the stairs. There is no fridge or kettle in the room so if you like an early morning cuppa you’re probably best taking a travel kettle. There is a hairdryer in the bathroom which was really powerful, so no need to take your own.

Personally, I thought the food was pretty good, I always enjoyed the meals and managed to find plenty to eat – this is a 3 star hotel, reading some of the reviews I think people expect 5 star food for 3 star prices. Yes it could have been warmer, but my experience of buffet food is that it’s never that hot. There was always a good selection with plenty of salad, a choice of meats, fish, pasta etc. Whist we were there we had some lovely tuna steaks and salmon. I was a bit disappointed there were no omelettes or scrambled eggs at breakfast – only boiled or fried eggs. The fried eggs were freshly cooked and it’s a shame that the chef wouldn’t make omelettes as well. However there was plenty of other food to choose from with cereals, bacon, mushrooms, pancakes, beans, cold meats, cheese, salad, different breads and a selection of fruit. You help yourself to drinks; there are soft drinks and coffee/tea in a morning and soft drinks and wine or beer at lunch and dinner. My mother was disappointed that the coffee machine was turned off at lunch and dinner time, though you can always get a coffee in the bar. As somebody who drinks a lot of water during the day it was disappointing that you are unable to refill water bottles on site and the bar only gives you a small plastic cup of water. However there is a supermarket next to the hotel where large bottles of water can be purchased for a euro for a 2 litre bottle.

There were always plenty of sunbeds round the pool and we were very lucky with the weather which was in the mid-20s every day so we spent most afternoons relaxing by the pool. We ventured into the pool one day but the water was freezing – it literally took your breath away! There is limited shade which wasn’t a problem in November but it might be different in the height of the season. The pool is lovely and a decent size and we found the hotel to be very clean with lovely, friendly staff.

Evening entertainment is provided in the El Terrazzo bar and the first night we arrived there was a singer who was really good – though the entertainment went downhill from then on so we were a bit spoilt that first evening. Ivan, the entertainment guy was very enthusiastic and did make us laugh but I’m not sure I would class 4 guys drinking larger through a straw as entertainment! However, once again this is a 3 star hotel and for what you pay you can’t expect top class entertainment. The pre-mixed cocktails and drinks weren’t the best but the wine was drinkable. There was a sangria demonstration just before lunch one day that we went to and I must say Ivan makes a pretty good sangria – it was much better than the pre mixed stuff out of the machine.
On a Thursday morning there is a free coach from the hotel to the craft market at Corralejo which was well worth a visit. If you fancy spending longer in Corralejo there is an hourly bus from El Cotillo.

I only used the free WI-FI once and found it really slow, but that wasn’t a problem as I used the data on my phone to access the internet.

I really liked El Cotillo, it’s scruffy in parts but there are some pretty cafes and bars in the centre and it is a real Spanish village, not a purpose built tourist resort. There are stunning views of the beaches and village from Castillo de El Toston – 1.5 euros entrance fee – which is a pleasant walk from the hotel past the new harbour if you turn left along the seafront. If you walk to the right the beaches are stunning, and not very far to walk to. I would definitely return to this hotel if I ever come back to Fuerteventura.

• Trip type: Traveled with family