1,576 results
All reviews fishing village salad ceiling fan pool area old harbour plenty of sunbeds rock pools relaxing holiday all inclusive drinks meat and fish the hotel is clean plenty of choice craft market half board evening entertainment pork car hire
Selected filters
Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

As stated been here 6 times in three years.
But note had holidays on the Mexico Caribbean, Ireland (west coast) and Olu Deniz Turkey in between.
We love El Cotillo but have noticed how much more busy it is this time.
The hotel has changed very little.
The staff work very hard at all levels.
A special thanks to Mark at reception as he super helpful.
The hotel guests are mostly European, more French and German which is fine by us.
The rooms are very adequate for 3 star.
The food is good for half board 3 star but we do eat in the excellent El Cotillo restaurants for a change of scenery.
One noticeable change over our visits is the value for money on drinks from the affiliated bar la Terrazma.
Much preferred the old system and staff.
We went to others this time in the town.
We do travel around this beautiful island and visit various beaches so highly recommend hiring a car from the airport.
It's a no-brainer really as you save lots on transfer fees etc.
Please note El Cotillo is a a chilled place if you want more of a lively place then Corralejo, Caleta de fuste maybe more your pace if you British.
But hey we will return here.

Date of stay: November 2017
2  Thank brianwE3521ZB
Reviewed November 1, 2017 via mobile

This is a good 3 star hotel. Rooms are clean and fresh. We were B&B, so can only comment on the breakfast, which was an adequate buffet. Pool bar drinks were not very good and overpriced. The surprising highlight of our stay was the Saturday evening entertainment. A very good trio who performed everything from opera to popular.

2  Thank Kim M
Reviewed October 31, 2017

Stayed here for one night. It was clean and very quiet. The pool was well kept and it delivered everything you would expect for the price. I thought the breakfast wasn't the best however but again we didn't pay a lot of money so I wasn't too upset. Its a very good location to explore the area, 5min stroll to the harbour and I would stay there again if I went back.

Room tip: Ask for the upper level as you can keep your door open at night and let some air in
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2017

All we wanted was all inclusive and a pool. That is what we got. As another reviewer said I took reviews with a pinch of salt, but true to form, food was cold, bland and uninspiring. Staff overall friendly and helpful. Place was clean and tidy, swimming pool clean and cool. I only had a hotel in Maspalomas, Gran Canaria to compare, which was fabulous in comparison. Loved the fact that it was quiet in the hotel and in the village as a whole. Local bars served great food - El Sitio and Bagus on our itinerary every day

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank sk8er2017
Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

I recently visited here for 7 days with my girlfriend, with a view to have a week away relaxing with sunshine and sea.

The hotel itself is clean enough, but dated and in need of a spruce up and a bit of TLC.

The hotel rooms are suitable enough, assuming you are to use it for a place to sleep; we were perplexed by the fact we were given two single beds despite it being quite clear that we a couple based upon the booking names alone, a minor gripe though as we signed up for a twin OR double room. The bathroom does what it says on the tin and the beds comfortable. Our room had no air conditioning, just a fan - I’d imagine this would be a bit tricky in the peak summer months.

Hotel staff are friendly and their English is good (us Brits can’t say too much though!)
Although some of the waiting staff in the restaurant were a bit abrupt.

The facilities are limited, the pool is great and sun beds are plentiful, again I think this may differ in the busier months. Other than that the evening entertainment is the standard cheap and cheerful - karaoke, quiz and local musician performing each evening.

The best advice to take before visiting is to avoid going all inclusive. We went half board; the food is bland and repeats itself each mealtime. I believe the food itself to not be poor necessarily, just very bland and lazy. Disappointing.

This is a blessing in disguise though - the local restaurants are a delight. Affordable and delicious food by the beach that you can’t beat.

The village itself is very quiet, so would strongly recommend hiring a car and taking a trip down the quiet roads to the south of the country, a mere hour and a half drive to get from one end to the other.

The beach locally is beautiful and there is a real treat for any cat lovers out there - 4 friendly cats are often found on the prowl !

Overall, an enjoyable get away but I would be dissatisfied had I paid the premium out of term rates in the height of summer.

3.5/5