1,556 results
All reviews fishing village salad pool area old harbour ceiling fan plenty of sunbeds rock pools all inclusive drinks meat and fish relaxing holiday the hotel is clean plenty of choice craft market half board evening entertainment pork reception staff
Selected filters
Reviewed September 30, 2017

what can I say about the hotel , well when we first got to the hotel we were greeted to 2 slices of bread from breakfast and some fruit wowwwwwwwwwwww am so pleased not
the room were clean , don't get me wrong I have stayed in worse tbh it is a basic 3 star and didn't we know it .
breakfast
well it were like going to a boarding school for harry potter look alike , tbh if anyone had no taste buds and blind this would had been a 5 star hotel this hotel didn't cater for the poor brits it catered for the Spanish master chefs rejects of years gone by
unless you like the Spanish muppet of yesteryears with the snarl of the mad chef from the muppets flipping his poor eggs with pure hatred snarling when you ask for more I thought I were Oliver twist asking for more sir

lunch time
well what can I say unless you larry the goat from the field wanting to be fed I would be in seven heaven the main meat were boris the rabbit and Janis billy goat with lots of salad . yummmie

tea time

well well seventh heaven chicken nuggets with more salad this this hotel trying to say eat healthy tbh I couldn't had stayed for 2 weeks I would had lost more weight then I have had . the service were like going back in time we only had evening meal once or twice due to the bland food of yesteryears

the entertainment evening

the best part were when I got taken over frank Sinatra and my best pal Nigel we thought we were the rat pack unless you were tone deaf
the movie quiz well well unless you were superman with x-ray eyes looking though walls .
well the vodka were flowing though the veins of the party of fun loving nutters
I don't like really like been told only 2 per person like a naughty school boy in shorts .this hotel didn't supply tries for some reason .

the pool area
well the ss children of years gone by were on duty the pool were so cold my poor plums were shivering to death with the feel of -2 water . the bouncing of a ball omg I were like a naughty school boy on day release wanting freedom

the lighting outside my room
well myself and the family of rabbits do eat a lot of carrots before we came to this hotel
so our eyes were in full gleam

the mattress
well unless you were dead from the neck down you would be in seventh heaven
the pillows I did ask for more like Oliver twist
tbh if I were blind and had no taste buds didn't mind being in a 1970s boarding school I would had been in heaven .

• Trip type: Traveled with family
9  Thank Simon W
Reviewed September 30, 2017

i went all inc.....this is the direct opposite to Magaluf , it is quiet, no hub or bub at all, few shops or noise. I did not like it at all at first, but it grew on me. I go walking and camping in nation trust properties..... it's a hotel version of that.
the transfer was 45 minutes arriving and 2.5 hours return picking up others.... tiring and hot.
The best beach is out the hotel turn right walk 300 yards, a sandy bay surrounded by lava rock, excellent at low tide for small children and adults, warm shallow water in the bay, nice at high tide for adults , snorklers etc... safe, there are lots of tiny sandy bays on the coast line amongst the rocks if you walk round on the beach itself, about 15 minutes walk in flip flops leading to 2 very large more commercial beach bays with a bar and loos and life guards.
In the morning strolling round i saw people doing yoga, ti chi and walkers picking up plastic , nudists too.
you can find beach sun lovers totally nude amongst the regular assortment all day too.
the restaurant..
You set your own place at dinner, serve your own drinks. the food is interesting and odd, I don't eat peas for breakfast, it's ok though, I always found something I liked. There is one bar playing old music, the pool bar has a book shelf where others have left good reads, there's a chess set, ask at reception for beach stuff in the luggage store, other customers have left beach things you can borrow for free, chairs, toys, umbrellas, mats etc. the blerb you get says they charge for hire of hotel stuff but why pay when you can borrow for free!
the staff are excellent, haven't found better anywhere, so understated but friendly.
the pool is nice too, again quiet, always sunbeds available at all times of day.
this place is not for everyone particularly Magaluf loving teens, there are no clubs or hopping bars at all. It like the real hard core tourist hasn't got here yet.
I liked this place at lot, you may not want to rest but here you can do nothing else.

Room tip: left hand side rooms have the sun all day
4  Thank DianeGE
Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

Very nice situation but noisy and the food is realy bad. Last year I came 10 times in El Cotillo and stay only once at this hotel. El Cotillo is a very nice place to visit and if you would like to have good food they are many excellent restaurant in Town. For music and if you want to be surprise there is only one place, Coyote Bar.
O. Waechter, Switzerland

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank OLW2013
Reviewed September 29, 2017

Greeted on arrival by the friendly reception staff and check in was smooth & simple. We were given a room overlooking the pool which was spacious, bright and had plenty of wardrobe space. The pool area was lovely with plenty of sunbeds to choose from.

We opted for All Inclusive as it wasn't much more than doing B&B and this was definitely worth it. You have to remember that this is a 3* hotel so the buffet wasn't as extensive as a 4 or 5* however there was always plenty of choice and we never went hungry. There was always choice of meat & fish plus pasta & rice plus salads. You could have practically any drink on the All Inclusive from 10am up until 11am. In the restaurant you serve yourselves and have glasses whereas drinks from the pool bar were in plastic cups however this is a pretty standard thing. Again totally worth the price we paid.

The location of the hotel is fantastic. 5 minutes walk away there is a stunning beach which clear shallow waters. 5 minutes walk in the opposite direction & you are in the old fishing village of El Cotillo which is beautiful. Tiny cobbled streets with whitewashed buildings and small traditional restaurants serving fantastic seafood & tapas. We hired a car to get to the surfing beach and the car rental place is literally next door to the hotel.

As it was my boyfriends birthday whilst we were away I emailed the hotel to advise them of this & they put some sparkling wine in our room. A lovely touch.

If you are looking for a quiet relaxing break in the sun I would definitely recommend this place. Its not the height of luxury but was a fantastic 3* All Inclusive Break in a lovely resort.

Room tip: We stayed in room 2248 which is on the 2nd floor with a view of the pool. This had the sun in the mornings and was close to reception.
1  Thank Danielle C
Reviewed September 24, 2017

Arrived late evening so missed dinner. We were given a sandwich and some fruit which filled a gap as we chose not to eat on the flight. Reception was top class and took only a few minutes to get sorted and get to the room. Room 2322 overlooking the pool was very clean and quite spacious. The rooms get quite hot and the ceiling fans are not mega effective but you can soon cool it down by having the door open into the service passagewayat the same time as the balcony door. The hotel is 3 star therefore the food is 3 star. We were never unable to find something we liked during our 2 week stay. We had never stayed in El Cotillo before but had visited on many occasions whilst holidaying in Corralejo. Absolutely love the peace and quiet of the place but you can always find evening entertainment if you need it. Met lots of people there and spent quite a lot of late afternoons socialising by the pool bar. Some of the evening entertainment was very good and it was nice to have a catchup with "Evergreen"!
Only one critisism really. Maybe the entertainment team would benefit from bringing in a professional karaoke person to make it flow better. Will deffo be coming back here again though. Well done to every member of staff and best wishes to all the friends we made during our stay. Always remember. A holiday is what YOU make it.
Joan and Alan