1,555 results
All reviews fishing village salad pool area old harbour plenty of sunbeds ceiling fan rock pools all inclusive drinks meat and fish relaxing holiday the hotel is clean plenty of choice craft market half board evening entertainment pork reception staff
Selected filters
Reviewed March 2, 2017 via mobile

Just back from a week here. We stayed in one of the refurbished rooms. Modern furniture air con bedding etc. I could see the other rooms and they looked a little dated. Hotel is spotless. Food is what you'd expect for 3 star all inclusive so we ate out 4 times. Fairly average but adequate. Staff always friendly and the entertainment do their best. They could do with a hand dryer in the outside loos as there's nothing and the towels are due a replacement. All in all a nice enough place and I'm sure that I'll return. On Saturday the guest act was a tenor. Ale Martin. Go and watch. An excellent show. Very talented group. El Cotillo is still a pretty quiet resort with a few restaurants to visit. If you want it more "touristy" go to corralejo. I've been there twice and it's fine. This place out of season is wonderfully relaxing. I thoroughly enjoyed my week.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank cliffdevine
CotilloBeach, Director General at Hotel Cotillo Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2017

Dear cliffdevine,

Thank you for your visit. Your comments are very important to us, we hope to see you again here soon...

Best regards from the team at Cotillo Beach

Reviewed March 1, 2017 via mobile

Well we are here at present ...
Looked at the reviews prior and was a little bit taken back with what we read....
But as they say you shouldn't take what everyone says as we all see and look at things differently...

Hotel very nice & clean exactly as the pictures ...
Animation team always try and get you involved ....

Staff very nice & always polite ...

Good we have always found something to eat .. not sure where people say this is repetitive as we have had a different meat every day..
Yea the trays are slow in coming back but hay hoo .. how long do you wait for food in a restaurant ....

Went out on the buggies today this is a trip well worth the money ...

So far on our experience we would nevo come back...

Here's to our next 3 days at hotel cotilllo...

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank titch20
CotilloBeach, Director General at Hotel Cotillo Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your friendly review and also for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor. Your comments are windy for our sails and encourage us to be better every day.

We are happy to read that you would stay with us again. We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back for an even better stay at Hotel Cotillo Beach the next time.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 1, 2017 via mobile

Stayed at Cotillo Beach during Half term holiday with my 7 year old.

Check in was quick and easy and everything was explained well. Staff appeared friendly and spoke good English. Check out was easy enough with a room to store luggage for late transfer.

Food was varied and to everyone's taste. Occasionally on the warm not hot side but I never felt the need to microwave to warm it up. Was tasty enough as it came. If on half board it may be worth attracting the staffs attention if you want drinks with your dinner as we weren't always approached and asked what we wanted to drink. I understand though the staff are very busy collecting plates etc and may sometimes forget to ask if you have had drinks ordered. Overall food is good and you will find something you like.

Rooms are basic but comfortable. Plenty of storage. Good sized bath and shower overhead. Balcony overlooking lovely pool area. Black out sheet and curtains make it cosy at night. Beds comfortable and clean. A pleasant stay in our room. Can hear the people staying in rooms both sides but no noisy party goers so that didn't concern me. Overall no complaints.

The area is quiet so not a place to come if you want late night clubs or pubs. There is one bar on site that closes at 11pm with various entertainment each night. We went once to watch the circus show which was literally so bad it was hilarious. Great effort guys but so cheesy lol. Didn't see any other night entertainment but I'm sure it's probably a giggle.

Small kids pool and large main pool. Was too cold for swimming when we were there but I'm sure it would be nice in the height of summer. Pool was clean and well maintained. Area around pool well supervised by a lifeguard, plenty of sunbeds and thought the 4 circular sunbathing areas out of the wind was a nice touch.

I'd definitely consider staying here again if I was coming to Futurventura. If I wanted to party a bit more I'd go to Corralego. You get what you pay for and this definitely was worth the money I spent.

Went on a trip to Lobos island with a company called Get Wet Snorkelling and was by far one of the best things Ive ever done. You can go deep out to sea to see bigger and better marine life than just by the beaches. If you like the marine life. Leaflet available by reception desk. Honestly a trip worth doing if your staying here.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank K4791YIhannahc

Dear titch20

Thank you very much for your visit and for your objective comments on Tripadvisor.

We also thank you for recognizing the effort we make to please and serve our customers in the best way possible ...

We sincerely hope to see you again in Hotel Cotillo Beach to continue to serve you with the best disposal,

Reviewed February 28, 2017

Room tip: Room opposite reception has sun all afternoon
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays

Reviewed February 27, 2017

Stayed for a week in January. Hotel very outdated now needs a good refresh. Nothing like the pictures. Internet non allegedly free in lobby... Can't get on it. Everything cost extra.. Remote control ?.? Really ! Shocked to say the least.
Food great if we are back in the 80,s not great now though, tasteless bland unattractive. All staff bar reception do not speak English. Mostly elderly staying not a place for anyone under 60

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Danlid,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are sorry to hear the hotel did not meet your expectation.

Despite the challenges you faced, we appreciate you recognizing the hard work of our employees. There are no extra charges for the remote control and you have a free Wifi service in both the Reception and the Terrace Bar.

Please feel free to contact me at direccion@hotelcotillobeach.com so I can personally assist you for any suggestion.