1,555 results
All reviews fishing village salad pool area old harbour plenty of sunbeds ceiling fan rock pools all inclusive drinks meat and fish relaxing holiday the hotel is clean plenty of choice craft market half board evening entertainment pork reception staff
Selected filters
Reviewed February 27, 2016 via mobile

After reading some negative reviews here, I've just got to sing the praises of this lovely place. This is our third visit and I can think of no better way to spend the months of January and February.
Points I mentioned in my review two years ago: thin towels have been replaced by thicker ones, and the choice and quality of food has much improved, although a vegetarian friend sometimes finds it difficult to get a meal as there is a tendency to add a bit of meat or fish to dishes which are mainly vegetables! Chips are always available but there is often an additional alternative potato dish (e.g. dauphinois, herb potatoes, sautee potatoes or the local speciality - Canarian potatoes) and pasta or rice. A choice of meat and fish is available and the soups are mostly delicious. Plenty of salad is provided. Fruit variety is limited but there are really nice desserts. Late diners don't get such a good choice, as the best meat is often all gone by 8.30. All in all the food is good value, sometimes disappointing but they do pretty well for the turnover, which can be high when the hotel is full (as it was when we were there). All inclusive drinks are available all day and all evening up to 11pm, despite what one reviewer says.
The village seems to have more shops and bars than previously, though this is still very much the chilled out, laid back venue compared with Corralejo, which is only a bus ride away.
As for the 'creepy man' seen staring at the guests by one reviewer, he was nowhere to be seen. The manager is friendly, as are the hard working staff. Special mention for this year's entertainment manager, Manny, who is the best ever (though we'd be happy to be left to our own devices for a couple of evenings a week - just saying!). The music in the bar is often too loud for conversation but you can linger in the dining room drinking wine and beer for a short while after the last serving at 9 pm. I think it would be really good if they could open up the Pool Bar in the evenings for those who want to sit and have a quiet game of cards, but I guess this would put the price up.
All the staff are helpful and friendly. A friend mentioned mosquitoes in his room to Reception, and they straight away fumigated not only his room but the rooms on either side. If you don't let them know, they can't be expected to deal with it. The rooms are kept scrupulously clean, we never had any problem getting hot water. The cats wandering around are easy to avoid if you don't like them (I don't). We didn't see a single cockroach in 5 weeks (though we did the year before).
We'll be back!

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank BossLass
Reviewed February 26, 2016 via mobile

Loved Fuertoventura! Hotel was good for a 3* however some tea making facilities for us half boarders would have been good. The tiles around bath needed some grout and there was a large crack in glass on our balcony. The roof also leaked in reception when it rained. I would also have liked to have known cats would be free to roam the hotel too as I am allergic to them and don't like them. There was a distinct smell of cat pee in reception on the last 2 days we were there....not pleasant when you have seen them walking all over the chairs you are sitting on. The food wasn't bad however one of the days was inedible. Rooms were cleaned very well and cleaning staff very friendly. Dining area was busy and not relaxing it felt like they wanted you in and out, I also pulled a plate out to find a cockroach crawling on it!! Table tennis and tennis court are run down both need new nets and air hockey we paid to play had no air. All this said I would return to the hotel if bar staff were different. On 14 Feb the barman turned on one of our German friends, none of us knew why as all lads were lovely and had not done anything to upset him. On another occasion he took money from us for a round of drinks but we never got the drinks. Again he became very angry and abusive. The conclusion we came to on also speaking with owner of hotel was that they were extremely racist toward the German lads and didn't really want to accommodate them and wouldn't allow us to buy them a drink hence taking money and getting no drinks. I would most definitely return to hotel if the bar staff have changed!

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Reviewfromsam
Reviewed February 19, 2016

Let me start by highlighting the good. The staff were friendly and helpful. The location is great and the weather was fine. The 3 white cats that live in the hotel were lovely.

The bad. The rooms were adequate if a little basic. There's no tea or coffee making facilities or indeed a refrigerator. The towels were pretty much worn out and it took an age to get hot water. You have to pay to get the remote for the TV and to use the safe. The beds are too small and despite asking for a double we got twin beds pushed together.

The poor: The food was awful. Obviously I expect the food to be different abroad but what they serve is simply inedible. Other hotels and indeed restaurants all over Fuereteventura serve good food so what's wrong here?

The hotel is clean and tidy but all over there are signs of neglect. Cracked tiles, wood peeling off doors, weeds in the cactus gardens, worn out sun beds.

its also not all inclusive. They charge for anything above basic. As I've said, tv and the safe but also any drink above a coffee or basic beer is charged for. We ate out and pretty much used the hotel as a base. That's not what you want from an all inclusive.

You can see that effort has gone into building the hotel and when it was new I would imagine it was good. Now it's run down and needs work and investment. A kettle I the room and a guide to local attractions would be a start.

8  Thank Mickeydoodah
Reviewed February 14, 2016

Just back from a week's stay at hotel Cotillo Beach. Only a 3 star but have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. Location is amazing, only 2 minutes walk to a fantastic sandy beach, food unbelievable for a 3 star AI package, clean room, spotless pool and surrounding area. Staff could not have been more helpful.
El Cotillo is off the beaten track for a lot of people but it was just what we were looking for. A very traditional Canarian fishing village, a few bars, restaurants and shops, a real view of Fuerteventura, with a magical sunset most nights.
Beaches and lagoons are gorgeous, golden sand and turquoise sea. Cannot recommend this place and this hotel enough. These little gems are so hard to find these days.

Room tip: Ground floor open up to a terrace by the pool
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Valerie L
Reviewed February 12, 2016

I have read the negative reviews about the food at this hotel but it is hard to please all the people all of the time. The food is more than adequate for the price we paid. The rooms are kept exceptionally clean and I cannot praise the ladies enough for their hard work. The pool area is also kept in excellent order and praise must go to staff who tend to this. The reception staff - Mark, Maria and Pedro could not be more helpful or welcoming.
My only negative is the fact that for 2 years and one week (of our recent 2 week stay) a glass of water in the evening was free for we 'half boarders' but, at the beginning of our second week, we were told that water would cost 1 euro/glass!! We spoke to the manager on our departure (who was most pleasant) and I have the feeling she will address this issue.
The hotel is situated away from the hurl burly and 'kiss me quick' areas of the east coast and is a perfect quiet location to be based at. We hike every day and are always grateful to come back to a prepared buffet.

Date of stay: January 2016