See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 15, 2016

We arrived late and the reception is closed after 8 pm. This was nicely solved by providing the key of our room in the locker and we could check in the next day, this was quite convenient. The staff is friendly and willing to help if you have any concerns, for example we could shower in one of the rooms before departure which was nice. The roof terrace and common area was great, it would be nice if the WIFI connection was a bit stronger and provided throughout the whole hotel.

I have some points of improvement The first one is the 'breakfast area', it's a bit dull. In my opinion they can make it more cosy and personal. Some nice decoration will be nice and it will invite the visitors to make use of this part of the hotel. The second one is something I really missed; the vibe. It was quite in the hotel which is nice at night but i missed the interaction with like minded people.

Overall a great stay.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank 221mitcht
Reviewed October 6, 2016

Stayed here for 4 nights as I fell in love with El Cotillo on previous visit. Well positioned with plenty of parking in local streets and within walking distance to good restaurants. On arrival we were met by Katerina who gave us a brilliant introduction to the surrounding area which was much appreciated. Rooms were clean and airy and if you needed anything all you had to do was ask.
WiFi was available in the reception area but I also found you could pick it up on the first two floor landings where they have some beanbags conveniently positioned for chilling out. The top floor has a great roof terrace with a small pool. Plenty of seating available and great views. I'm really glad I stayed here and all the staff are friendly and hard working to make sure your stay is enjoyable. Recommended

Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed May 3, 2016

I stayed here for almost the whole month of April.

This little hotel is very close to the village centre, beside a playground, opposite a Swiss bar called Ferret's.

The Soul Surfer is run and owned by Pilar, an exceptionally friendly, kind and helpful lady.

Pilar is ably assisted with the housekeeping by another lovely lady called Loli.

I got to know them quite well.

The hotel is very clean - absolutely no insects in the rooms.

There is a really nice swimming-pool and sunbathing terrace on the roof, which is on the 3rd floor.

The hotel has no bar facilities and breakfast is served to order for €5.

As I tend to rise early in the mornings and rarely have a big breakfast, I missed this service and opted to breakfast at the nearby El Goloso French bakery-patisserie.

This hotel is for adults only.

They have plenty of surplus sun creams and lotions that residents leave behind, which is useful.

Many thanks, Pilar, Loli, and everybody else for your lovely hospitality.

Timxox

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Tim B
Reviewed March 13, 2016

I stayed here for one week, as a lone female traveller, March 2016.
Hotel has lovely owners, who are very friendly, as are all the staff.
The rooftop terrace and chill out area is amazing and has great views of the mountains to one side, and the ocean to the other. I sat up here reading, with only the sound of the ocean to be heard .... bliss!!
I did not have breakfast at the hotel so cannot comment. I visited the French bakery daily for my breakfast and lunch. A bonus for me was that there was tea making facilities in the room.
The location is great too. Near to the beach, a supermarket and the small selection of bars and restaurants.
The hotel can arrange surf lessons, and discounted taxi transfers from the airport, which I will definitely take advantage of on my next visit.
They also have a holistic massage service, and reception will arrange a convenient time for the massage therapist to attend the hotel. I would definitely recommend this. The therapist the hotel use, named David, was very professional, skilled, and asked if I had any specific issues prior to the massage. This had to be the best massage I have ever had, and I have had many in the UK. Reflexology was also incorporated into a full body massage. This is something you would have to pay separately for in the UK. Excellent value for money.
In summary, I would return to Soul Surfer and am already looking into booking my next trip.

Room tip: There is no lift, all rooms are on first or second floor, therefore people with mobility issues may have difficulty.
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
juarezpilar73, Propietario at Hotel Soul Surfer, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2016

Hello Julie!! How are you? I am really happy to read it. I send it already to David, he will be so happy too. Thank you very much and It was a preasure to know you!! Pilar

Reviewed February 6, 2016

Lovely staff, they will make your stay absolutely perfect.
Super clean place, confortable beds, very nice rooftop lounge.
Near by the beach, across the entrance, there is a bar very convenient,
over all, after travelling for the whole island, the best place to be.

Can't wait to go back.

Ciao Pilar

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
juarezpilar73, Propietario at Hotel Soul Surfer, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2016

Thank youuuuu... we are waiting for you!! Kisses