See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 13, 2016

I stayed here for one week, as a lone female traveller, March 2016.
Hotel has lovely owners, who are very friendly, as are all the staff.
The rooftop terrace and chill out area is amazing and has great views of the mountains to one side, and the ocean to the other. I sat up here reading, with only the sound of the ocean to be heard .... bliss!!
I did not have breakfast at the hotel so cannot comment. I visited the French bakery daily for my breakfast and lunch. A bonus for me was that there was tea making facilities in the room.
The location is great too. Near to the beach, a supermarket and the small selection of bars and restaurants.
The hotel can arrange surf lessons, and discounted taxi transfers from the airport, which I will definitely take advantage of on my next visit.
They also have a holistic massage service, and reception will arrange a convenient time for the massage therapist to attend the hotel. I would definitely recommend this. The therapist the hotel use, named David, was very professional, skilled, and asked if I had any specific issues prior to the massage. This had to be the best massage I have ever had, and I have had many in the UK. Reflexology was also incorporated into a full body massage. This is something you would have to pay separately for in the UK. Excellent value for money.
In summary, I would return to Soul Surfer and am already looking into booking my next trip.

Room tip: There is no lift, all rooms are on first or second floor, therefore people with mobility issues may have difficulty.
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
juarezpilar73, Propietario at Hotel Soul Surfer, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2016

Hello Julie!! How are you? I am really happy to read it. I send it already to David, he will be so happy too. Thank you very much and It was a preasure to know you!! Pilar

Reviewed February 6, 2016

Lovely staff, they will make your stay absolutely perfect.
Super clean place, confortable beds, very nice rooftop lounge.
Near by the beach, across the entrance, there is a bar very convenient,
over all, after travelling for the whole island, the best place to be.

Can't wait to go back.

Ciao Pilar

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
juarezpilar73, Propietario at Hotel Soul Surfer, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2016

Thank youuuuu... we are waiting for you!! Kisses

Reviewed January 19, 2016

Before I went I asked for a quiet room away from the bar across the road which stays open until 2am I didnt get one, so I didnt sleep that much ! The bedding was dirty, and not cotton, I should have taken my own sheets, it was old and should have been replaced a long time ago. The hot water was intermittent, and went off in the shower whilst washing your hair. The shower curtain was dirty and could have been washed. There was a cracked tile on the bedroom floor which had been repaired badly. There were lots of tv channels but none were English. I didnt spend much time in my room, because there is also a playground next to the hotel so during the day there are screaming children ! The owners were defensive when I complained about the bedding and had a lot of rules posted all over the hotel. It could be very nice but the location is not quiet at all. If you like to sleep when you want not waiting until the bar closes across the road, look elsewhere. Its not good value. The 5 euros for breakfast in a small room downstairs is not good value, it should have been included. I went to the French bakery 1 minute walk down the road and for 5 euros you can have a better breakfast in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The only plus points were the communal areas in the hotel which were very nice, the roof terrace, and the quietness inside the hotel, which made up for the noise outside. Parking around the hotel was also easy to find. The hotel also sold good bottled water at 50c a bottle, in bottles not plastic. When I was leaving I asked to print out my online check in, I was told that they didnt have internet ! So I had to do it elsewhere, luckily I had a car. This hotel could be so much better if they upped their game, but I think the owners are tired.

Room tip: If you like quiet dont stay here, if youre going to be in the bar across the road anyway then go ahead.
Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank AlXJE
Reviewed January 5, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for eleven nights over Xmas fantastic place very clean lovely rooms great roof area with pool loungers and hammocks but most of all beautiful people big thanks to Pilar and big hello to Loli made our hols Ian and Fiona xx

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
juarezpilar73, Propietario at Hotel Soul Surfer, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2016

Thank you very much Ian and Fiona!! It was a pleasure to know you!!

Reviewed October 31, 2015

Booking was easy and efficient
The hotel is centrally placed with convenient parking in the surrounding streets
Pilar and her husband obviously care about what they do from the warm welcome, to the decoration, (surf oriented - not a surprise), and to the rooms which are spotlessly clean, have ensuites, and comfortable beds with foam toppers on the mattresses, and are individually decorated.
The maid service means the rooms are cleaned and tidied daily.
We were able to rinse and hang up our wetsuits in the bathroom as they have sand filters in the basement.
Breakfast is very good for 5 Euros, and it's a bonus to have a kitchen if you want to store/ prepare food.
The terrace is comfortable and a nice place to relax.
Overall nice people who care about providing a good service - can't fault it for the price

Date of stay: October 2015