“Lovely menu of the day”
Review of La Marisma

La Marisma
Ranked #21 of 60 Restaurants in El Cotillo
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in this lovely town for lunch on our trip around the north of the island. We had read about this restaurant in our guidebook and decided to have lunch there. The place was full of Spanish people which usually is a good sign. We chose both dishes of the day ( goat and tuna). We were offered a small starter for free and our food arrived swiftly. It was plenty and really nice. The view from the restaurant is great too.

1  Thank Laurence26
Write a ReviewReviews (1,152)

Reviewed July 14, 2014

This restaurant is amazing. I actually don't know how they serve such huge portions of high quality food and bottles of delicious wine for the price they charge. You won't be disappointed with the view either, if you sit on the roof terrace.

Good luck being able to order 3 courses and eat them all. We had two attempts in the fortnight I was in El Cotillo; the time first we could barely squeeze in a main course only and the second time we opted for starter and dessert and still struggled. I'm not one of those people who just pick at my food either. Other British people will be quoting lines from Monty Pythons Mr Creosote sketch before they've finished their main course too. And it really is top-notch stuff.

Both times our meal came with a hearty, free appetiser from the kitchen. As a result I can now add deep-fried, baby squid to the list of foods I know is delicious.

The service is friendly and attentive and the restaurant is spotlessly well-kept throughout.

El Cotillo has some good, nearby restaurants (e.g.La Vaca Azul & Sottovento), but this one is definitely the one you need to save for when you want something a little more refined, and for when you're hungry and wearing your loosest clothing.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

1  Thank Eva B
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Loved the view and the food was fantastic will be going again and again please try this wonderful restaurant you will feel just like we do.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Had a meal here early in our holiday and it was excellent, the chateaubriand for two was delicious and great value.
We returned a few days later on a warm, sunny evening and thought a table on their roof terrace would be perfect for the sunset, although the restaurant was open the upstairs was closed and they would not let us go up. We went elsewhere.
My wife thought we would try again on our last night but again access was barred. Again, we went elsewhere, not wanting to sit inside on a lovely night.
What is the point of having this superb facility to eat great food if you do not allow your clients to use it when their time in the village is limited.
Shame....

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I have been visiting El Cotillo for over 10 years and normally eat at Azzurro. I discovered La Marisma in January. In May I returned, bringing 7 other people with me.
The seafood was superb and the wine most palatable. And very reasonably priced. The service was attentive and the place had a great, relaxed feel to it.
I would definitely return.

1  Thank Ootytooty