“"To all Curry Lovers"”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We are so pleased to have found this restaurant, we are both curry lovers, and have tried many here on the coast, but this one beats the rest hands down, the food is excellent, very tasty and plentiful, at the moment I'm working my way throught the menu, going to try every dish. They open at luchtimes which is great and have a fantastic set lunch menu and wine.
Sonny and his staff are very friendly and helpful, he's got the right formula.
Been here already three times in as many weeks, and have taken friends from England there who were all impressed and can't wait to come back. Neither can we.
Monica Bollywood

1  Thank antonio m

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Since my previous review we have visited the C of I on numerous occasions. The food is consistently good, as is the service. At lunch times the faux naan (oily chapatti) has been scrapped and replaced by the genuine article. What a load of nit picking but it shows that the management takes on board any remarks and takes action to rectify things.

Try the mixed vegetable curry it is heavenly.

Good eating, Dave

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We have been coming here more than once a week for a few months now and have never been disappointed. Sunny runs the place exceptionally well and has become a good friend. We always look forward to our meals and always leave feeling as though we've eaten something healthy and home made. We've eaten in many Indian restaurants both in the Costas and some very well reknowned ones in the UK and have never had curries at such a consistently high standard as well as exceptional authenticity. Cannot recommend enough!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

My wife and I went here twice during w/c November 5th.Unlike some curry restaurants its not dark inside. The food choice is still extensive especially seafood curries but we always have the same - my wife has veg biriani and I always have king prawn dansak and they were in both cases the best we've had. However this isn't about just the excellent food - Sonny the proprietor here has got customer sevice right. Not just because we weren't charged for the poppadum and spice sauce selections as you do in the uk- its because he comes over and discusses your 'report comments' with you. The first night I gave him top marks in everything except overall impression- (a nIne out of ten) because he didnt have a good single malt to end the evening. When we went on the Friday he was keen to show me his new addition to the bar service- Cardhu 12 year single malt. He is a Sultan of curry and master of customer satisfaction- one of the best curry experiences i have ever had -where you come out feeling well served, not fleeced! Thanks Sonny
Phil Williams - South Wales

1  Thank bevanjphillips1
Sunil G, Owner at Crown of India, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

hello sir..thankyou so much for ur respond.we always try our best to satify our customer.And i must say thanks to you for telling me abt cardhu. I appreciate to learn in my all life.BY GETTING knowledge from you abt malt whisky i got a good response from other customers too.thanks so much.have a good tym.looking forward to see you

Reviewed October 22, 2012

The Crown of India is situated in Pinar de la Campoverde which is about 15 minutes drive inland from Pilar de la Horadada.

The food is generally very good, although they did go through a bad patch earlier in the year. We normally eat lunchtime and they have a reasonable lunch time menu for either 2 people or 1 person. The only adverse comment is that, while the menu gives the option of rice or naan, the naan in reality is a slightly oily chapatti.

The service is always good and the waiters are very affable and are fluent in both Spanish and English.

Decor is quite plain and lacking atmosphere but does not detract from the quality of the food.

Enjoy, Dave