“The Best”
Review of El Gallego

El Gallego
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Brilliant Spanish food, very very good prized, very fresh and pack of flavour, the onlu lack more proffesional staff. Is a hidden little gem with live music in weekends.
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We have A holiday home in Pilar de la Horadada and I have no Spanish bur can get the message across (I think) I love this restaurant and can't wait to get back this year for the fillet steak. The best I have ever had.

1  Thank Eugene M

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great food, great wines, service a bit caotic. Just go easy the service is slow because they are busy, order couple starters and few drinks till they get to you to take the orders, you be fine.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We have visited this very Spanish restaurant on a number of occasions and never failed to be delighted with quantity and quality. Steaks are huge, designed for meat monsters like myself. All the various dishes we have had on our visits have all been very well received. I think it is appreciated if you speak a little Spanish to the staff, if you can, and have never had problems with service or getting explanations regarding dishes. We preferred the intimacy of the smaller restaurant before they expanded, but even so the value is outstanding. Early evening is usually full of ex-pats, but after 9pm the locals start to come in and the atmosphere really takes of. Looking forward to next visit.

2  Thank BRIAN M
Reviewed December 10, 2012

If you enjoy a steak then this restaurant is a must visit. We had a sirloin and a fillet both of which were huge and so, so tender. Simply the best steaks we have had for a very long time.

That said, if you are looking for a romantic dinner for two then this is probably not the place. The service we received was reluctant, to be honest. It seems that the best tables are reserved for the locals whilst foreigners seem to be allocated to the noisey ones. We did ask to be moved and this was forthcoming. The waiting staff could try to smile occasionally and the restaurant needs to try to be more welcoming - we waited at the counter for 5 to 10 minutes before our existence was even acknowledged!

If you are looking for a great steak after a hard day on the golf course then this is the place for you.

1  Thank Wersaints
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I visited with my family, our grown up kids like rare steak, so they had gigantic T Bones. Myself and my husband had fillet, we got two each. Should have asked for it to be cooked more as we asked for medium well and it was still bloody and rare in the middle. There was enough for me to eat all round the edges and I took the uncooked stuff home for the dog. (We cooked it more, even for her to eat) Typical Spanish service, a bit slow with coming round for drinks etc. but it was a great place for meat lovers who enjoy rare meat. The bill was reasonable.

1  Thank Leigh P