“A great choice for a present”

Dancing Trousers Cookery School
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Lechlade
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A great choice for a present”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My family gave me a 'Desserts' cooking course at Dancing Trousers as a Christmas present, and what a great choice that was. It was a fab day......learnt lots of little tips, but the biggest surprise was the excellent food that we all produced on the day. Alexis (head chef and owner of the school) has a very professional but relaxed style of teaching - with a twist of fun thrown in. There were four of us on the course, which meant we were never far away from the watchful eye of Alexis; which at times was very welcome! I would certainly enrol for another course. Thanks Alexis for a most enjoyabel day - not to mention the hard work put in by her able help Vanda.

Thanks...........Jeff

Visited February 2013

Oxford, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Back to Baking...and learning!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My children gave me a voucher for Dancing Trousers Cookery School for my birthday and I chose to use it for the 'Back to Baking' course. Alexis is very warm and friendly and delivers the course in a very relaxed fun style and has everything superbly organised. Even as a 'more mature' cook(!), I learned new skills and tricks and was amazed at how well risen my cakes and bread were! A truly lovely way to spend a snowy Sunday morning!

Visited January 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Certainly worth the trip!”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I came up from Brighton to take part in a course at Dancing Trousers Cookery School and it most certainly was worth the trip! Alexis is so friendly and makes you feel comfortable no matter what your skill level. The food we cooked was gorgeous but the best with of the day for me was all the other little tips and tricks of the trade we learnt. I have come back feeling invigorated to get stuck into trying new recipes. The location is beautiful and i certainly would come back again to do another course.

Visited December 2012
Carterton
“Dancing Trousers Cookery course ...a fantastic day of learning”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have spent two wonderful days in the company of Alexis the owner and instructor of Dancing Trousers Cookery School. I have attended both the A La Carte and more recently Scale the Heights one day courses.

The day is spent totally hands on with Alexis choreographing the day with easy step by step instructions interlaced with tips of the day and anecdotes about the people she has met and cooked for (you have to ask Alexis to tell you her experience when she cooked for Royalty and how the cookery school got its name). My newly learnt skills include, jointing a chicken into 8 pieces, the correct way to sharpen a knife, focaccia bread to die for, filleting both round and flat fish and preparing squid.

Not only do you create great food but you also get chance to sit down with your fellow gastronaughts and sample your efforts with a glass (or two if your not driving) of wine.

With gift vouchers available it is easy to give someone a unique gift. Student numbers are small with the maximum participants on the courses I attended being six. The location is fantastic. Not only is the kitchen huge with space to all get round the table comfortably, but the house is located within a small village just off the A361 between Burford and Letchlade and feels miles away from the bustle of any town.

I will definitely return and I am already saving for my next adventure with Alexis and Dancing Trousers Cookery School!!

Visited October 2012
Leiden, The Netherlands
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Back to Baking Course - 24th October 2012”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I had a truly wonderful morning on the Back to Baking Course! Not only were my scones and Victoria Sponge uplifted but I was too in spirit! What stays with me above everything is just how much fun myself and the other three students had - an absolute hoot!

Alexis runs the course and she is welcoming, exceptionally knowledgable - answering a wide range of queries as we went along - friendly and funny but always keeping us on track so that we learnt so many skills and tips, improved and acquired new confidence in our ability.

It's incredible that we covered and baked so much - I'd only made bread once previously and was left utterly exhausted by it! But between 9.30 and 1.30, we'd baked bread, a Victoria sponge, a large quanity of scones and two types of biscuits and we could take all our wares home in boxes and bags provided by Alexis. And this included a welcome coffee and talk and a break for coffee and one of the scones we'd just baked!

The location is gorgeous too. Not only is the kitchen beautiful but the hamlet or village it is set in is so pretty and quiet - a much needed brief break away from the rush and riot of Oxford city noise and stresses!

I am really hoping that Alexis will devise a more advanced baking course because I shall certainly be there - with or without my 'quirky' version of a cob loaf!

Visited October 2012