“Great food , super service, lovely decor, eclectic mix,”
Review of Colleys - CLOSED

Colleys
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A chefs love of casual dining from the brasseries of New York to the street food markets of London & Bangkok. Our menu is written to suit all tastes, steaks from Royal Wootton Bassett, fresh seafood daily & inspired choices for meat eaters & vegetarians. every chef has an input into our writing, cooking & plating. We also have a taste the world evening once a month, full details are always available on our website & social pages. Anything from a 1950's American diner to an Indian street food bazaar. these evenings always sell out so keep your eyes peeled! Our bar is home to 80 of the worlds finest gins all carefully married with a perfect garnish to highlight the true flavour. Any questions on gin just ask for Tom & he'll guide you through the different styles. Colleys is in a 16 century coaching inn with lots of character matched with a casual modern decor. Still owned by the same chef who has worked at colleys since its early days in the 1990's. The kitchen team is now led by the tastes of Chef Nick Oborne. Private parties are easily organised wether it be a coctail party, evening or lunch set menu celebration, a gin tasting event, wedding, or any other group requirement...we are hear to help.
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have been years ago to Colleys when it was called the supper rooms with friends and found it all too much so hadn't been back years. We went out last week to Lechlade and saw Colleys.

The interior is a mixture of comfortable furnishings in a chic style combined with collections of random items which gives it a slightly unique style. The menu was not what I was expecting , I imagined a traditional English or French type cuisine but to my joy it was an American type theme, I had the pulled pork burger with slaw and mac and cheese, with skin on fries ( which were very nice) , now to some that might be standard stuff but here in the middle of the Cotswolds where the norm is Lamb shanks or pork belly it was a pleasant surprise to see a different menu , and it was good. Pudding was more traditional with an excellent sticky toffee and homemade vanilla ice cream ( and it was homemade) The prices are very reasonable about £12 for my burger and the drinks are not expensive either. The owner himself slightly eccentric made it an evening with a difference , if you are in the area and are bored of the norm then pop in. Will be back !

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I enjoyed a fantastic meal at Colleys sat 15 June, a wonderful menu, the courses where presented to us before we chose, the staff were attentive, knowledgable and friendly, and the food was out of this world - we will definitely be going back very soon.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

A lunch date with my husband, to our favourite place Colleys!!!! I cannot recommend this place enough, the food is delicious, the quantity was perfect and the chocolate mousse pudding is the nicest in the world!!!!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Best restuarant I have ever been too. Now a bit of a regular. Love Classic Colleys, but enjoy the themed nights and the brasserie menu too. Excellent food, quality and service. Very highly recommended!

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Firstly it was sad to hear of Robert Colleys passing. But the restaurant that has his name lives on and gets better every year. Visited for Sunday lunch and it was great. The service was uniquely attentive without being obtrusive. The food was fantastic and the price competitive. We went as a family of 3 with a young baby. Sometimes this can be an issue, but not here. Made to feel very welcome. Will definitely return and highly recommend.