“We'll be back again”

Aux Ecuries De La Reine
nl
“We'll be back again”
Reviewed August 2, 2008

This was my third visit to the Ardennes and finally I found my dream country inn! My husband and I loved it so much that we plan to go back and take family who have never known the joy of the Ardennes wih us. Cooling off in the pool was just great! And the big and clean rooms were just perfect.

And then there was dining! I have done it all over the world and have never had it better!

eating! I have eaten on some of rhe finest cruise ships ib rhw

Stayed July 2008

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Belgium
Reviewed July 24, 2008

We rented a chalet to spend a weekend with friends and our kids. They took 600 Euro for that so we expected a high-quality accomodation, similar to the pictures they show on their web site.

But no! The chalet was neither spacy, cozy or something else, but just a couple of small rooms, extremely small bathrooms (forget about washing kids in there) and very poor quality shower rooms (think prison). I was reminded of my time at the army, to be honest.

At the time of our visit, they redid the whole lawn around the house, so it looked like on the moon, no way our kids wanted to play there.

So we decided to not even spend one night there. You should have seen the arrogant and unfriendly discussion with the owner after that!

Knowing the region around Spa pretty well (and the restaurant itself), we can tell you this place is completely overpriced. On top of that, we see a huge decline in quality in the last years (on the restaurant side, but the chalet only confirmed our view).

You will find better accomodation in the Ardenne than this! STAY AWAY!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Travel_Bozo
Romantik Hotel Le Val d'Ambleve
Les Tcheous
Les Tcheous
#1 of 1 in La Gleize

Been to Aux Ecuries De La Reine? Share your experiences!