“Certainly the best belgian brasserie”
Review of Brasserie Marie

Brasserie Marie
Ranked #5 of 15 Restaurants in Grobbendonk
Cuisines: Belgian, International, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Destination Brasserie next to the Albert canal for all day lunch, dining, fingerfood and drinks. Simple, yet refined cuisine. International menu. Extensive wine-list. Open from 11 AM till 10 PM. Open at 5PM on Saturdays. Closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Multi-lingual service. Terrace available weather permitting. Private parking. Reservations recommended.
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I took my dinner here during a trip in Grobbendonk.
The atmosphere is very warm and food is perfect.
I took as a starter a tomato with shrimps, very good and well served then after a tartar steak prepared by the cooker and served with good belgian fried.
Service is very good and waiters are very friendly even with a frenc guy...

2  Thank WillemtheConqueror
DennisVanS, Eigenaar at Brasserie Marie, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Willem,

Thank u so mush for your review!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Brasserie Marie serves good value for money! I went there with my family (4 kids) on a sunday noon. The weather was good so we could sit on the terrace. It has a nice view, overlooking the Albert channel. The food was of good quality, good portions both for the adults as for the kids. Defenitely a place we will visit again.

3  Thank IvesDB1973
Giorgio L, Owner at Brasserie Marie, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Ives D

Thank you so much for your nice review.

We try indeed to offer good value for money working with the freshest ingredients possible.
Especially for kids we provide freshly made fish fingers, pasta, vol-au-vent or stew so they can appreciate quality at a younger age.

We thank you for your visit and hope to see you all soon again on our lovely terrace.

Giorgio Lironi

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We went here after dropping our daughter off for camp. It was about 2 in the afternoon and we felt a bit peckish after a late breakfast. The weather was a bit doubtful so we were as well about sitting in- or outside. It was clear that the waitress very much liked us to sit outside so I went back to the car to get my son's jumper. My son wanted to sit on the comfy sofa's which again was to the disliking of the waitress but we stayed put. Without showing the menu she snapped and usked what they wanted to drink. When I got back she brought the drinks for my wife and son and asked me what I wanted. If looks could kill I would've died on the spot asking for the menu. "Please" was clearly a word that didn't make it in her dictionnary. Such a shame that people can give you the feeling that they want you there (maybe they want to avoid families with children). Especially when they have put so much effort in creating a very nice ambiance and some not-so-common dishes on the menu. Would've loved to give it a try but we just got up and left after finishing our drinks. We ate somewhere we go frequently. Where the staff are friendly. (Note: we also saw a man there who was one of the owners we found out afterwards. He was all smiles and very friendly when we left. Shame the waitress doesn't live up to his standards).

Giorgio L, Owner at Brasserie Marie, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear GeertAt,

so sorry you had a bad experience at Brasserie Marie.

As I always say, we aim to welcome our guests like it were at home, apparently one of our staff had a bad day and unfortunately you were the victim...

Please accept my humble apologies for the rude treatment you received. I shall find out who had this unacceptable behaviour and have a chat with her about this matter.

Just maybe you will come back to experience the food and ambiance at Brasserie Marie so we can make up for the first bad impression you and your family had.

Thank you very much for your feedback ; one always learns from it, positive or negative...

Georgio Lironi

Reviewed February 23, 2013

The past year we have visited Brasserie Marie on several occasions, as a couple, with friends or familiy. On the terrace or inside. Everytime it's a joyfull experience to dine in the lovely and cosy interior.
Therefore our first star goes to the interior which is stylish modern with a slight careless touch.

Our second star goes to the friendliness and the service of the staff. You can feel you're welcome and that you're their guest. They create a truly warm atmospere.

Our third star goes to the exquisite food. The quality is very high and the presentation is unique. I ordered the 'Hereford' fillet steak and it is truly the most tender meat I've ever eaten! Also the salmon and other specialties like the artisanal croquettes are delicious.
As for the desert I can suggest the farm fresh ice cream.

On our visits it was always 'full house' but we never had the feeling that is was crowded.

We'll come back for sure!!!

Congrats guys with the award you won, it's deserved!

TIP: Book your table in time or else you could risk missing the Brasserie Marie experience.

2  Thank Bart_Maxine
Giorgio L, Owner at Brasserie Marie, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Bart_Maxine,

Thank you so much for the raving review. You really made us blush from pride with so many compliments.

As we started Brasserie Marie, it was our aim to make it feel to our guests as if they were invited at our home. This reflects in our interior (shabby-chic with many "imperfections" so it does not look like a showroom) and in the way of welcoming and communicating (at ease, no fuzz whatsoever) with our guests.

The food however is thanks to our Chef. He has quality and freshness on top of his mind. Since everything is made to order, we can easily accomodate most allergies, intolerances or other special dietary requirements. We never sacrifice on quality. If something becomes too expensive on the market, we would rather remove it from our menu than serving inferior quality.

The best compliment you can give us, is that you will return and it will be a true honour to welcome you and your guests at Brasserie Marie.

Georgio Lironi

Reviewed February 8, 2013

My daughter and I were visiting Antwerp from Canada and our friend brought us to this restaurant. We enjoyed great cocktails on the terrace. Such a great way to enjoy the beautiful surroundings. We then went inside for our meal. The staff including the chef were so friendly and the food was great. There is something on the menu for everyone, I will definey return as it is a short drive from Antwerp.

2  Thank Canadian-TravelCatz
Giorgio L, Owner at Brasserie Marie, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Canadian-TravelCatz,

thank you so much for your amazing review! We are so glad you and your daughter enjoyed your visit at Brasserie Marie. We might be out of town, but Grobbendonk is only a 15 minutes ride from Antwerp City Center. We thrive to make our guests feel at home and we are happy that you enjoyed our food and cocktails. Soon we will re-install our terrace in a new installation and decor and we hope you will visit us again if you are coming back to the Old Continent. Thanks to you and our other guests we were awarded Best Brasserie of Belgium: a prize we are very proud of. Thank you again and see you soon.

Giorgio Lironi