“Good Oreintal Resto on the Lac”
Review of LE SHANGRI-LA DU LAC - CLOSED

LE SHANGRI-LA DU LAC
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We’ve been going to this place for 20-some years. It has remained the same except the “lighthouse” tower near the front door was removed from the roof. One of our favorite Sunday pastimes was to drive to the Lac, walk around the Lac a few times and then go here for lunch.

Hard to get a table without a view of the Lac. Very nice people work there and will try very hard to ensure you are happy. Some new young faces have appeared over the years, but the people from 20 years ago remain.

The food has always been good. It’s not like London Chinatown, which is not like NYC Chinatown, which is not like Vancouver Chinatown. They are all different, as they should be. We’ve developed our favorite dishes here over time and the food has been very consistant.

When at a loss of where to eat, or if company stays with us, this is always in our top group to consider.

Give it a try… and don’t forget to walk around the Lac.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Holiday feeling and good Chinese cuisine only 15 kilometres from Brussels.
The typical Chinese menu with many variations of the same dish guarantees that there is something to eat for everybody: Belgians, British, Americans and even Germans (I always eat the "potage piquante" and I am always the only guest to eat with chopsticks - the restaurant should offer a trainig course for all those who expect future (political and) culinary domination by China and the compulsory abolishment of forks and knives...). The excellent service will probably even survive that.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We had an evening diner and started with a variety of starters. The quality of these promised a lot for the rest of the evening and we were not disappointed. We decided to take four different main courses to enable ourselves to have a taste of everything. Duck, scallops, chicken and tepanyaki meat. It was accompanied with noodles and fried rice. We had a great evening and the lady and guy that served us very well understand their job,
When we will be in the neighbourhood we will certainly return.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

small place to sit inside, however food is good.
Service tends to be slower, pepper chicken cooked in soya sauce is mout watering, chicke stay and lamb dishes are also must eat!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I just thought that I'd drop a little note giving Shangri-La Du Lac the props they deserve. Ticked all of the boxes for me: the restaurant was clean and decorated nicely, as well as the staff, who were friendly and attentive, without being overly so. The setting by the lake and a good table makes for romantic dining for my wife and I. I guess that since I was so comfortable there, it made the experience that much better. I could have sat there and eaten nothing, and come away happy, BUT, then came the food. The menu was super-comprehensive, with my traditional favorites all the way to house specialties (my mouth is watering now!), plenty of choices for a wide range of customers, including children or elders. I like my food pretty spicy, but I still like to taste the food, and the waiter understood this completely (as well as the chef), like he was reading my mind and had my palate. Lunch, dinner, summer, fall; this place is a 4 and 1/2 out of five for me. If you go for lunch and stuff yourself, you have the choice of a very pleasant "walk-it-off" around the lake. Oh-portion sizes were spot on, and the plates had nice tidy display. Food also tasted very fresh. Gosh, I could go on! If I were to compare with places I've been to all over the world, I would say easy top 15.