“Wonderful food and service!”
Review of Bella Cucina

Bella Cucina
Ranked #19 of 31 Restaurants in Montville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We picked Bella Cucina as the spot to celebrate our anniversary and couldn't have been more impressed.

The food was scrumptious! We started with the garlic bread which was traditional Italian-style and simply delicious. For the mains we chose the traditional Bolognaise (very nice) and I chose the house special, a pizza with caramalised onion, olives, rocket, garlic, sun-dried tomato and much more. Simply delicious! I've been dreaming of it since I finished it!

The service was friendly and personal and the ambience was cosy and traditionally Italian. Loved it.

I was quite surprised at the low cost of the meal too, we had an entree, two mains, two drinks and a dessert all for 65 dollars. It was entirely wonderful and we'll definitely be back!

2  Thank Tim S

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Visited this restaurant twice in four days. The pasta dishes were very good, Prawns with garlic excellent and the calamari were delicious. The restaurant is hidden away down a side gully from the main road. BYO. The service was prompt and very friendly.

2  Thank CabecodoSanto
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I don't care if you're a pokey little restaurant tucked away in the middle of Montville on the Sunshine Coast ... there is no excuse for mediocrity.

I'd be very surprised if the owner, chef etc are Italian. Very surprised. If they are, they need to go home and practice cooking with their Nonna.

I don't need a fancy restaurant to appreciate good food, but I do expect flavour, and that's what this place was lacking.

The sign out on the street said "this is where the locals eat". Based on this claim we had lunch here but were very disappointed. If the locals really do enjoy the food here they have very low expectations or haven't eaten real Italian food in a while obviously.

I found the service a bit slow and a bit so / so but not too bad.

But the pizza dough just seemed heavy and bland and the pizza just seemed to lack flavour, salt, I don't know ... it was just ordinary.

One of us had the pasta which also just seemed to lack much flavour.

Was a pretty ordinary eating experience and I just hate that feeling of paying 'the bill' when you haven't enjoyed the food.

I wouldn't mind ordinary if it was a quick, cheap meal but this place was not cheap. The pizzas were quite expensive.

Wouldn't return. Nope.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Being Range residents my husband and I often visit Bella Cucina for an honest home cooked meal and we can honestly say we have never been disappointed yet. Sandy's pizzas and pastas are exceptional and everything we have ever tried on the specials board has been lovely. We can personally recommend the canneloni, lamb shanks and chicken tagine and the soups are beautiful! Desserts are yummo, we can byo drinks and Sandy's pricing is very reasonable given the quality of food. We always find the staff very friendly and personable too. Love coming to this little gem in the Hinterland!

1  Thank Pillarcat
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Unfortunately, not a lot of places were open the night we were in Montville, so that narrowed our choice on the night. Although the food was average, it wasn't bad. The service though was very good, even though we had to wait for quite a while to pay our bill. There seemed to be only one waitress who did it all. And she did well.