“Fantastic views and service!”

Montville Holiday Apartments
Brisbane, Australia
“Fantastic views and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Beautiful location - the best views on the Sunshine coast! My family and I stayed in the Loft apartment with six adults. Was great for the short amount of time (two nights). Any longer and may have been a bit cramped. This apartment would have been perfect for a family with four kids and two adults or less. When I booked, I advised who would be staying and they gave me the right advice (that it may have been a bit cramped) but I decided on booking this anyway.
Michael was a great help and went out of his way to organise a welcome basket when requested of beautiful wine and cheese and crackers. I would recommend to anyone! Also I would like to mention the groundskeeper is an extremely friendly man and an asset to the grounds - gave us a lift into town and let us feed his horse. Fantastic - recommend to all.

Room Tip: If staying with a few adults, I would recommend separate apartments (not the loft). The loft has fan...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank hammy1990

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Ipswich, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed just the one night in the Loft Apartment, and I couldn't have been happier. From my initial enquiry, I haven't been disappointed in my choice of accommodation. The prices are great, the location is ideal, and the views are breathtaking. The added bonus is the way in which the owners/hosts treat you - with respect and as an individual, rather than just another number. I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank RedDevil1978
Emu Park
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Beautiful location and views. Good size 2 bedroom self contained units. Great beds, except for sofa bed in lounge room. Rooms need a revamp, carpet in living area, dining seats and sofa bed all need replacing. Great shower, good kitchen. Montville is definitely the pick of the towns to stay in.

Room Tip: I think some rooms have been updated, so maybe ask for one that has been updated!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
MontvilleHolidays, Manager at Montville Holiday Apartments, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Hi Astrid,

Thank you for your review. We would love to be able to replace the carpet in every apartment. Maintenance is an ongoing job in this industry. When we took over this establishment, we had to concentrate on things which immediately need replacing. Like towels, linen and curtains.

We have noted your comments and appreciate it.

We're glad you had a nice stay and we hope to see you again!

Kind regards,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed here mid February and it was the first time we had visited Montville and the surrounding townships of Maleny, Kenilworth and Mapleton. This was a great place to base the visit on as it is very close to Montville.

We got a good deal on this place some time ago and left it quite late to book it in. They were very accommodating fitting us into the loft on short notice. The loft had about 7 beds in it and I think would be more suited to a family stay or a bigger group of teenagers but it suited our needs perfectly.The shower was excellent, the fridge was quite and the bed was nice and firm and maybe even more impressive the pillows weren't wafer thin. The only down sides were that there was no tea towel provided, we couldn't seem to work the oven to reheat our pizza and we were meant to get a bottle of local wine on arrival which we didn't get but I didn't mention that to them explicitly either, I hate having to hassle people for something that is meant to be included as part of a deal although I tend to miss out on my free bottle of wine more than I get it when I book these sorts of deals.

Everyone has their own ideas on when something is run down or if it is rustic and I quite liked the charm of the place we stayed at. It was a little run down but it was immaculately cleaned and quite charming on the inside even though it looked like a boring brick thing on the outside. All in all this was a very pleasant place to stay and I would recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your email.

We wish you would have seen us in relation to the missing tea towel and wine. This must have been an oversight by my husband and I.

Next time you are in Montville, we would be more than happy to provide you with the bottle of wine. We are glad you had a lovely stay and hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

We went with our kids and another family and had an absolute blast.The views are fantastic the kids enjoyed the farm horse and swimming pool while they were safe and free to run around and be kids.The cabins are gorgeous clean and neat with everything you might need.The staff were friendly and accommodating.Would stay there again anytime.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Peachy1975
Thank you so much for your review!

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we would love to see you again. With a small family ourselves, we understand that family friendly accommodation in some locations can be hard to come by.

All the best!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Fantastic accommodation, highly recommend, the views were stunning. We were in one of the bottom floor apartments, in a two bedroom room. There was also a table and chairs outside our door that you can sit back and relax at and watch the wildlife. The pool was so close to our room which was great. We were travelling with another family and all agree that we would love to return for another visit.

PLEASE NOTE (this does note relate to the acutal rooms etc but just common courtsey from fellow guests): My only suggestion would be if you are staying on the top floor to please have some consideration for the people below, unfortunately on our second night we had people above us who had no consideration and they were stomping around, slamming the doors, and the kids were riding their scooters on the decking this would have been ok if it was during the day, but some of this was around 9.00pm at night and we got woken around 5.00am as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank katsrule
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

Stayed there for 2 nights mid week with 2 young kids in a mountain view room. The accommodation is basic, the grounds nice but the area lovely.

The accommodation is superficially clean, but needs a good vacuum on the skirting boards and under beds. Be careful if you have allergies! There is a range of basic utensils, but none of the 4 wine glasses matching tells the story. There is a nice fireplace which I imagine would be great in winter, however as we were staying in November we found it very hot and there is NO aircon. The aparment was very hot during the day and OK at night with the fans on. I imagine it would be awul in full Summer if there is no breeze.

The setout is essentially likely a big block of units, all next to each other. As it was so hot we had all the windows open and could hear everyone around us (and smell the cigarettes).

The grounds have a lovely pool, which lifted our ranking of the place. There was a horse in the adjoining paddock, which the kids liked feeding. Also noted was a BBQ (which we didn't use)

Montville is a lovely town, 10 minute walk up the road from the apartment. Lovely bushwalks in the area and Australia zoo a 30 min drive away. Malaney (15 min drive) has lots of nice shops too, a cheese factory and a working dairy farm that they do tours of (the kids loved it)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montville
Clouds of Montville
At Remingtons Lodge & Private Cottages
Altitude on Montville
Altitude on Montville
#4 of 16 in Montville

Been to Montville Holiday Apartments? Share your experiences!