“Sundance is a pure delight and very user friendly”
Review of Treetops Montville

Treetops Montville
Brisbane, Australia
“Sundance is a pure delight and very user friendly”
Reviewed September 12, 2010

As a family of six we have just spent 5 days at Treetops Seaview Sundance from the 5th Sept on friend's reccommendation.
Had the best time. What a magnificent little homestead - what great views.
We loved every minute of every day exploring the area of the Blackall Range, cruising from Montville to Mapleton, Maleny to Kennilworth and down to the coast (30 Minutes away). Art Galleries ( Treetops has it's own), speciality shops, restaurants galore, wineries and cheese factories and more - what heaven. Never a dull moment , always some thing new to find and some wonderful area to explore.
I say to Two Aussies - 28th march 2009 Sundanceis not advertised as being luxury - but it sure beats most 'luxury places for being user friendly, comfortable and relaxing with an old world charm and the best views from a unique position and acres of lawn that make you feel grounded.
Like being a million miles away and yet only a couple of minutes drive away from the best restaurants. I can only say that it is who you are with as much as where you stay that makes for a good time.
We certainly didn't book the wrong accommodation - we are already planning our next trip back to Sundance.This time we will go as a couple and enjoy each others company to the full.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Brisbane
Reviewed May 13, 2010

We stayed at potters place a couple of weeks ago and I cant tell you enough how wonderful it was.
We were very kindly driven over to our cabin, showed inside and told of any information we needed to know. We were told we could ring any time if there was a problem because they divert their phones at night should their guests need anything! Amazing!
We walked in and the first thing you notice is the HUGE verandah and the absolutely stunning views over the valley and the coastline. My sister and I walked straight out there and breathed in the beautiful mountain air and took in the view that goes on for miles. The next best thing to us was the lounge room. It is spacious and cosy with a rug on the floor and a wood burning fireplace which was just so exciting for us girls. The weather was amazing-beautiful sunny clear days and chilly mornings and afternoons and nights to go with our fireplace. We used up all our wood and kindling but the staff happily provided us with more for our 'fireplace addiction'. There was two seperate bedrooms both with their own bathrooms so we had plenty of room. The main bedroom had a huge spa bath which over-looked the view which was brilliant. My sister and I took it in turns to soak in the spa while we looked at the view with some candles burning which the staff very nicely provided us @ 6:30pm when we decided we needed the full spa experience with candles!! (so we definitely took the staff up on their-ring any time we divert the phones at night offer!) We were visited every night by a gorgeous little possum who actually let us hand feed it! We had breakfast every morning on the verandah and we spent our days wandering around the beautiful montville township which is right outside potters place doorstep. FABULOUS! We didnt have to use our car at all while we were there. We could shop and shop and shop-drop our bags off at our lodge and then shop some more-a very dangerous combination for two women-but hey we were on holidays!! We also could walk to all the restaurants in montville at night-have a few drinks and then walk-well stumble home some nights! Potters Place was just perfect for my sister and I. My sister had been having a rough time lately and we needed a peaceful holiday together to rejuvenate which was made even better by the friendly, helpful staff, our beautiful surroundings and our very lovely lodge! Potters Place does not disappoint what-so-ever!! Thankyou Treetops we will be back again and again!!

• Stayed April 2010
sunshine coast
Reviewed May 12, 2010

SUNDANCE.
We stayed at Seaview Sundance, part of Treetops Montville on the 8-9-10-11 of April this year, and although it rained off and on we had the most wonderful time.
We had no trouble finding the reception in the Treetops Art Gallery at no4 Cynthia Hunt Drive and were shown to Sundance by friendly staff.
On the Treetops website Sundance is not classed as a luxury cabin but as a Seaview Lodge as the photos depict. Not modern but very roomy and comfortable as the photos show.
In the lounge room is a new, soft leather large modular lounge that is sooo comfortable, an 82cm digital flat screen tv, a wood fire place and an airconditioner that works very normally.
The kitchen is a lovely country style without a dishwasher - who wants a dishwasher when on a short break holiday, anyway. Bugsy and I had a great time talking while preparing food and washing up. That is what it was all about, to have time out and enjoy each others company.
The main bedroom is great, a king size bed you can get lost in, and we did.
A raised 2 person spa with a view to die for. At night you can see all the lights of the hinterland towns and coastline flickering below. The spa is well worth the one easy step to get into it.
Great decks everywhere, upstairs and down. We renewed our vows on the huge deck off the lounge while gazing at the view to the coast and beyond.
Yes, there is a red cedar spa house on the deck at the back, unintrusive and closed down. It is not mentioned as being available and who needs it with that bedroom spa to frolic in.
The whole house is well presented and clean. Plenty of hot water on demand and no problems showering - we even managed to keep our towels dry up to the time we used them, which makes us smarter than some!
The garage door is still on manual, but all the house locks work. The washing machine is still noisy and does a good job, the dryer is fine.Who comes away for a short break to wash clothes, anyway?
We loved Sundance and will be back, a magical spot in any weather.
To not sign, to be a 'no-name' is not playing the game.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
QLD
Reviewed May 2, 2010

As a fellow traveller to Treetops of Montville, I would like to say we had a very lovely stay and I was surprised at some comments/reviews about this beautiful place, as I saw none of the issues at Sundance as was said in a previous, horrible review and I wanted to let people know the real truth.
We had no trouble finding the reception in the Treetops Art Gallery at no. 4 Cynthia Hunt Drive and were shown to Sundance by friendly staff.
The main bedroom is great, a king size bed you can get lost in, and we did.
The garage door is still on manual, but all the house locks work. The washing machine is still noisy and does a good job, the dryer is fine.Who comes away for a short break to wash clothes anyway?
All in all, our stay was everything and more, that we expected.
We loved Sundance and will be back, a magical spot in any weather.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
treetopsmontville, Owner at Treetops Montville, responded to this review, May 3, 2010
Thankyou for your comments, they are most appreciatted and do reflect the overall verbal feedback bt guests. You would not believe how many of our guests have had small weddings or have renewede their vows on the decks or lawns of Sundance. Yes, we believe Sundance to be a pretty special place, too.
Brisbane Australia
Reviewed September 18, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the "Potter's Place" accommodation which is owned and operated by Treetops Accommodation and Art Gallery in Montville. We stayed for two nights12 - 14 Sept 2009 at a cost of $680.00 one of their "best", however what we found was very dissapointing, on first sight the building was not cleaned very well, dust and cobwebs were noticable in most rooms, the deck was disgusting with food/drink stains from previous guests not cleaned up, bird droppings were also not cleaned up, the spa on the deck was so disgusting it was unfit to use as it had stagnant water mixed with vegetation matter and resembled some form of disgusting soup. The tap fittings in the kitchen and the "spa bath" were not attached to their respective sink/spa and had to be held in place so they could be used, the kitchen also had an open drain which I think was for the dishwasher which had been removed and it's fittings just left where they lay. Lights either did not work or needed replacing. The wood heater was in such a state of disrepair that I beleive it would have been dangerous to use it even if the instructions left in the house were relevant to the heater in the building (material supplied for the woodheater were 2 firestarters and 2 handfulls of "kindling" in the form of treated pine offcuts !) the larger fire wood was located outside the front door. The remotes for the tv/dvdplayer did not work even after replacing the batteries myself. When I contacted the owners about my complaints I got no reaction at all except for the standard "thank you for you feedback etc etc", no apology, no discount to the amount paid, no satisfactory answers at all. Montville is a great little place to visit and stay for a few days, but do not stay at "Treetops" if this was their best accommodation I would hate to see what the cheaper places look like.
Regards
Robert Roose

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Blockersboy
Sydney
Reviewed May 18, 2009

Treetops Montville is a delightful place! Beautiful, restful, romantic and run by really nice people. I'm confused by some of the reviews because they seem to be mixing up various accommodations: Treetops, Treehouses etc which are different establishments run by different people (although they are both located in Montville). I haven't stayed at Treehouses, but I have stayed at TREETOPS MONTVILLE and just loved it.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Sydney Australia
Reviewed March 28, 2009

We had been to Montville on a previous trip and said we had to return and stay at Treetops Montville (almost opposite The Pennyfathings Inn, just on the out-skirts of town).

After finding a web page and reading about Treetops on the internet (www.treetopsmontville.com.au), I was sure I had the right place as they advertise “Treetops seaview cabins ”, so booked direct on the phone. The web pages look good! We booked “Sundance” a four bedroom cottage with sea views. I was delighted to receive a deal with the 3rd night for A$50 (their special was pay for 2 nights A$520 and receive a BONUS 3rd night for A$50). The total cost A$570. Average A$190 per night.

On arrival, we found we booked the wrong place. We wanted to stay in Montville at Treetops Seaview Montville (www.treetopseaview.com.au) , but actually booked Treetops of Montville (http://www.treetopsmontville.com.au/accommodation/visuals-tariffs.html).

So be careful there are 2 places with the same name!

The reception gave us a mud map to where we had booked. We had to drive 3 kms out of town and we actually got lost (twice!) from this mud map provided. I was unhappy at this time, and when we arrived I explained we booked the wrong place, but the Man (owner?) assured me we would be happy with the cottage. For our woes we were given a bottle of champagne!

We followed the man in his car (us in our car) to our Treetops cottage. He left us at the garage. I now know why he didn’t take us inside! Let me assure you we only stayed as we didn’t want to lose our money as we had now paid the balance in full.

The place itself is in a great bush setting, with distant views to the ocean, but it is NOT LUXURY, it is not worth the money …. It is sooo tired on the inside … The entire place is in dire need of an update.

LOUNGE: The brown leather lounge is sooo low and sooo old, and the arm cushions don’t even stay on, that we only sat on it when we had to. We opted to use the kitchen chairs. There is a very small, old TV (does work). No radio in the whole place. Air-conditioning in this room worked “when it wanted to”. Good points: None

KITCHEN: The kitchen table has been painted with the stickiest vanish and everything sticks to it – it is dry, just painted with the wrong paint! There is no dishwasher, it has obviously broken down and never been replaced. The fry pans we sooo dirty and burnt we didn’t use them to fry our eggs! A mouse visited every night and ate our bread. We only found out on Day 3 after all the bread crumbs were left and we found holes in the plastic and the bread eaten! It must have been hungry! Microwave has lost a leg and wobbles, stove top works (we didn’t use the oven). Good points: Large table and chairs (seats 6), adequate cookery, cutlery, glasses and cups, etc.

LIBRARY: Also a bedroom. Mouse droppings all over the bed. Also a wasp in this room, so we closed it off and didn’t use it.

LAUNDRY: Washing machine urgently needs replacing. It screams and is on its last legs. The dryer door is broken, but it still works. There is no clothes line, no clothes airer, and no pegs.

UPSTAIRS MAIN BEDROOM: Large room, OK. Bed is just “OK”. It is very, very soft, and it has a woollen under blanket, which gave me grief on the hot nights. The bed was simply too hot for me, and far too soft for my husband’s back. There was an air-conditioner above the bed which worked OK. There is a SPA, but we didn't use it. It is quite high to climb into.

OTHER 2 BEDROOMS UPSTAIRS: Cannot comment on, as they were locked. If they were open I may have slept in one of them as the main bed was simply was not for us.

BATHROOM: The shower upstairs is unusable. Either hot water or cold water. No warm water, and the pressure is 1 on a scale of 1 to 10. I used the shower downstairs, but that is another story! The water accumulates at the back of the bath as the drainage is inadequate, and it wet the towel I was going to dry myself with! Showers in this place were not fun!

CLEANLINESS: Basically clean, but every window and mirror is dirty. They need a good clean. There are many cob webs throughout the place, but these didn’t bother us.

WASPS: There is a wasp nest right at the front door. Therefore we didn’t use the balcony much as we would have liked, seeing 2 wasps during our 3 day stay. I got bitten on the finger by something on day one (I still think by a wasp) while walking in the bush around the cottage, and so we didn’t venture out in the garden much.

BBQ: There is a BBQ on the verandah. Works good, but you can’t clean it, no tools to do so. We cooked the bacon provided for breakfast on the BBQ, and boiled the eggs as we couldn’t fry them in the dirty fry-pans.

SECURITY: Perhaps it is not needed out here, but the garage door doesn’t lock. It was previously a remote controlled door, but it is now unplugged so we assumed this is broken and is not being fixed! The door from the garage into the house has broken door locks and they have not been fixed, so to lock this door you need lock it from the inside with a latch and then walk out the front door where the wasps are and around to the garage. Very inconvenient.

OUTDOOR SPA: Broken down. There are comments in the visitor’s book saying it was broken down in October and November 2008. Also comments in the book that it wasn’t working in August 2007.

BREAKFAST: Provisions provided, and they were very nice. Bread was not provided for the third night, only the cereal, juice, eggs, bacon, milk, butter and jams. The salt is kept in the fridge with the breakfast provisions – a problem as you cannot use it as it becomes moist and clumpy.

VIEWS: Great, but not as high and not as good as the Treetops Seaview that I thought we had booked!

VISITORS BOOK: We notice some pages have been torn out of the visitors’ book. We did make comments in it, but we assume our page might also be ripped out, as the comments were not flattering.

Please be careful and make sure you book the right place, not like us.

We cannot make comments on Treetops Seaview Montville as we didn’t stay there. But after staying where we did, I don’t think we will come back to Montville again. There are better areas in Australia to visit and stay, and whose accommodation is luxury at the same rate, if not less than here!

For what we got, it was expensive and left a sour taste in our mouth!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
7 Thank TwoAussies
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montville
Clouds of Montville
Secrets on the Lake
#1 of 9 in Montville
At Remingtons Lodge & Private Cottages
Montville Misty View Cottages

Been to Treetops Montville? Share your experiences!