“Disappointing”

Ranked #18 of 31 Restaurants in Montville
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Our family were very disappointed in the service and our meals were varied eg i enjoyed my scrambled eggs and bacon,the bacon fresh and cooked perfectly but my husband said his omelet was one of the worst he has ever had,very dry and overcooked. Both daughters thought their meals were ok!! My biggest complaint was the terrible unfriendly service by our waitress who should have stayed in bed!! When visiting Maleny I usually like to visit Poets for breakfast or lunch and to be fair this is the first time I have been unhappy. The outlook is beautiful and the staff member who served us needs to talk up their lovely ambience to customers and be thankful they have an opportunity to work at such a beautiful place.

4  Thank Leanne M

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

The WORST service I have ever had! Rude, moody old hag serving us who wouldn't make eye contact and walked away mid-sentence. This could have been slightly forgiven if the food was decent but my omlette was burnt, dry and horrible. My sisters coffee was cold and received an eye roll when requesting it be heated. Do not bother going here, there are so many other beautiful places to dine in Montville.

5  Thank Ulittlebeauty
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had lunch at this cafe a few days ago, we were given a lovely table outside overlooking the stunning views of the mountains. Lunch was very nice I had a Wagyu beef burger, and my husband had the stuffed roast chicken, however I didn't think the menu had that many choices. Montville is a gorgeous picturesque little village well worth a visit.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I think John Sonjas flattery must be Alan and Grace parents. Too over the top John Sonja nobody believes this gush. We decided to give this place a try despite the bad reviews but The place was pretty but food and the service is appalling ..jeffrey

8  Thank 663wilson
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stopped for lunch at Poets with the family (as I do every time I go to Montville) on the weekend & found it a lovely experience.

Although VERY busy due to Easter traffic, we were seated immediately and served straight away by one of the girls.

Very friendly, very helpful. Drinks came straight away.
And the meals?? WOW.

Two of us had the fish & chips which were enormous. Two lovely fillets, crispy beer batter and the best chips I've ever eaten. The portions were so large, I shared mine with another.

The rest of the family chose the lasagne. Again HUGE serving with lovely fresh salad & dressing.

A fantastic place for a meal.