“Gorgeous place with great hospitality”
Review of Suman Royal Resort

Suman Royal Resort
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Kausani
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Gorgeous place with great hospitality”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

this is the place to be if you are a nature lover and seek peace and quiet away from cities, on a good clear day you get to see a magnificient view of the mountain range, good food , great sleep, and its priced moderetly, the staff take care of you well, would be visiting again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kikki76652

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I visited this hotel on 18/05/2013 and 19/05/2013 with my wife and daughter on purely travelling purpose. However, on entering I found that nobody in the reception was knowing about my booking. They informed that the booking was done from their Delhi office and Delhi office did not inform them regarding my booking. However after 10 minutes discussion (and on showing receipt of advance Rs 5000) they offered me room. But just after entering room, one person came and gave me a mobile, saying "Raj saab apse baat karna chahte hai". Then I had to talk to some Mr. Raj calling from Delhi office regarding my booking. Even that person without apologizing tried to convince me that all is my fault since after all email communication (even after paying ADV I informed in e-mail) I did not mailed him the voucher (neither he asked for). He tried to convince me that it is his greatness that he provided me room even after all my fault. Again after discussion somebody called from reception saying some "SAHAB" wanting to talk to me. Again a 15 minutes discussion, then I got rid of this painful process.

On entering I found geyser not working.

However room was changed quickly. Rooms are specious, clean. Toilet is also specious, clean.

However I got surprise on next day morning. After returning from breakfast table I found all my baggage are scattered; whole room is filled with baby food, and one monkey is sitting on our bed having a packet of cerelac (my daughter's cerelac) on its hand. Then I came to know that balcony should be closed all the time. I asked them why did they not inform this earlier to us. A simple answer was "Bhul gaye". I had to rush to nearest medicine shop for my daughter's baby food.

Next day when my daughter was excited seeing a monkey outside on the balcony (balcony door was closed), the monkey suddenly jumped and attacked the glass door. However we somehow managed to divert him and realized how important it is to have a GI wire grill outside glass door.

Otherwise its a good resort having some indoor game option and a good garden. Food is slightly costly, but a good buffet arrangement was there. Even they took a good care for some less spicy food for my daughter.

Room Tip: Go for first floor rooms. These rooms are having a good sunrise view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Partha A
Reviewed July 10, 2014

we have been in june 2014 in kausani , all rooms himalaya view and clean, every room has a private balcony. Its very excellent service and good hospitality here. very co-opertive staff,food food and good rooms and everything is very good.

Room Tip: rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank tousgeentanjali
Reviewed July 10, 2014

we have been in june2014 in kasauni , got excellent service and incredible veiw of himalaya from suman resort. Got significant cooperation, very nice & tasty food, great service, advice and help all staff

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Krishna S
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I visited Kasauni recently and stayed at the Suman Royal Resort.
As I entered the premises, I felt a breath of fresh air and immediately knew I would have a memorable stay. The check-in was easy and quick and the staff very cordial polite and friendly. The view from my room was breathtaking and the sight of the Himalayas took me a soul-searching trip.
Excellent stay, exceptional, well spoken staff. Hats off to the Interior Designers for their efforts to setup such a beautiful resort. My stay at your hotel is unequivocally the best that I have seen & experienced. The Breakfast is the icing on the cake! Yummm!!!! I'm definitely coming back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Rishab536
Faridabad, India
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Comfortable approach.Warm welcome.Smooth check-in with prior online booking. It looks like an average resort in the first look. Not a very new property.But,staff is courteous.They give you all you need.
View from the rooms is awesome,every room has a private balcony.Higher the floor better the view, but all rooms are good."Beware of Monkeys." Garden is raw look but very nice and big with swings etc. DJ in the night is very good.May be troublesome for rooms on that floor but for this reason,they don't play till late.
Food is just average.Breakfast has very less variety. Room service food was very bad,especially non veg verry bad every time we ordered,although they were nice enough to change the dish. Menu card is just a formality;they have only 2-3 dishes to offer.
We also visited Krishna Mount view and that one has beautiful,manicured gardens and slightly more well maintained rooms(recently renovated).No idea about food there.

Room Tip: View from the rooms is awesome,every room has a private balcony.Higher the floor better the view, bu...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed June 17, 2014

we have been in may 2014 in kasauni , got excellent service and incredible veiw of himalaya from suman resort. Got significant cooperation, advice and help from Mr Amal Bist ( Manager – Suman Resort ) for our further travel. attach photo of Himalaya shoot from Suman Resort

Room Tip: himalaya view from all the rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kausani
Heritage Resort Kausani
Imperial Heights
Imperial Heights
#2 of 16 in Almora
Krishna Mountview Mountain Resort

Been to Suman Royal Resort? Share your experiences!