Iselmar Sporthotel & Partykasteel
Hotel Tjongervallei(Delfstrahuizen)
$85
  • Restaurant
$109
Hotel de Oorsprong(Sint Nicolaasga)
$82
$94
$98
All reviewsmarinaareasbathsbalconyroomsedgebreakfast
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I have stayed here before and I am due to go again in the next month or so. The hotel is in a lovely area and sits on the edge of a Marina, with plenty of expensive yatchs. The food is good and the bar was nice and quite in the evening. My only issue was that the prices in the bar was expensive, so if there are a few of you wanting to spend the night there, it would cost you.

In terms of the rooms, they are very modern and spacious and to be honest I could not fault them.

A nice place to stay and a lovely part of the Netherlands.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Modern Hotel but it does not lack that typical Dutch charm, beer and good food. The evening meal was excellent and great service. Staff are very friendly and the room was spacious and air-conditioned as you would expect.
The only criticism is that the breakfast being self service could be more varied.

Room Tip: Insist on a room on the 'backside' as they put it, which means overlooking the Marina and not the road at the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Since writing my last review I have stayed here a number of times. Some problems have been fixed, in particular the worn carpets have been replaced in the corridors. The Spa areas could still so with some refurbishment however as they are looking a bit tired. The standard rooms are large and comfortable and I think it worth paying the little extra for the marina view. During the winter months they discount their rooms, so it is possible to get one for only 55 Euro.

Major problem is the food. This seems to really vary from day-to-day so I can only guess it depends on the chef on duty. The last meal I had there was really poor (very undercooked monkfish).

Room Tip: Pay extra for the marina view. I also slightly prefer the design of these rooms as they have a small balcony.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2012

The hotel is a summer type place with a great view of the marina. Rooms are very clean and although simple were a nice suprise. We had comfort room which has 2 bedrooms ( one with door ) each with 2 single beds. The room had a large sectional couch. which was capable of viewing a smaller tv. and a 4 person table, smaller fridge but no phone!. bar downstairs was great for easy meal but in off season i wouldnt order to elaborate a meal. The included breakfast was great. and the atrium overlooking marina was nice.... I liked the pool area but can imagine how busy and noisy it would be during summer. staff was great. I was really suprised as Lemmer is a tourist town but smaller and the hotel was better then expected. bowling was available which was neat. There was a fitness room but it looked smaller, but for this size hotel it was okay.

Room Tip: marina view, otherwise u get the road out front.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Stayed here recently on a business trip, on first impression it doesn't look nice, but that is where the problem ends.The reception is dark but the reception desk person was very friendly and efficiant, my room was on the top floor facing the carpark, with a balcony, not a issue for me.Everything was in the room which was large and airy.Bathroom was well appointed with a jacuzzi style bath.I went down to the bar for a drink and yes it is dark but certainly not gloomy, nice area, having got my beer I retired to the lounge area and there was a marine sat right in front off the hotel and was a tremendous place to spend the evening.I ordered from the menu and all I can say was that the steak I had was brilliant and cooked to perfection.Waiting staff were pleasent and worked very hard.

Although the hotel was on a main road I had a cracking nights sleep and woke up fully refreshed.Breakfast was a traditional continantal affair but I managed to snag a bit of bacon, but everything looked good.

The hotel has a pool, unfortunatly I arrived too late to use it,

Room Tip: Marina on south side, good views,
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business