Boskerris Hotel
$393
$303
Orbitz.com
The Gannet Inn(Carbis Bay)
$236
  • Breakfast included
Chy-An-Albany(St Ives)
TripAdvisor
Priceline
All reviewshomemade mueslist ivessmall hotelminute train ridedecking areakedgereewhite company toiletriescarbis bay stationbeautiful hotelon arrivalsea viewtrain servicesuperior roomcoastal pathattention to detailbranch linehigh standard
Reviewed June 26, 2014

This place is a real haven for relaxing. On arrival we were met by Lesley who was so sincerely friendly and showed us round, informed us of the area, places to visit, the restaurant and bar times, the wifi and showed us our room. I have never had such a wonderful greeting in a hotel before. The room was beautiful and the decor is out of this world. The terrace with a wonderful view is the place to sit. We were lucky with the weather. I had a cream tea there which was the best one I've ever had. I would definitely stay there again. We told them we were going to the minnack theatre and they offered us hot chocolate in a flask and blankets. Nothing was too much trouble. I LOVED it.

1  Thank Deborah S
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stayed at the Boskerris in June 2014 for 5 nights and should we ever make it back to Cornwall, we will stay there again!

The hotel is small but lovely. The staff is oustanding, friendly and helpful.

Breakfast combines a small buffet with hot breakfast made to order. We found it perfect. Fruit Juice, Joghurt, fresh fruits and a home made cereal that is really outstanding. And for those that like the real italian espresso, they will also serve a great cappucino!

Sitting on the terasse you can get drinks and a light meal. Take the time to enjoy the view over Corbis bay and over to St Ives.

They serve dinner only some evenings and we ate there several times and enjoyed it very much.

We had a superior room and we found it very nice and comfortable.

3  Thank mopd
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We have just come home after an amazing stay at The Boskerris Hotel - the best hotel we have ever stayed in. It is a haven of peace and tranquility and only a short train ride into St Ives. The Boskerris is stylish, relaxed, informal and personal, and the staff provide a standard of service that cannot be trained on customer service courses. Nothing is too much trouble as they want to ensure that you have the best holiday possible.

The food was excellent - both breakfast and dinner were superb. We enjoyed pre dinner drinks on the terrace, which must have one of the best views in Cornwall.

I would thoroughly recommend it if you want to really unwind, and opt for a sea view room if you can.

3  Thank 95Nick
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Oh Boskerris! How I miss you! I returned from this beautiful hotel on Friday and I need to go back. It's perfect. We were celebrating our engagement and some successful exam results so splashed out on the Celebration Room. It did not disappoint! The bath is worth the money alone - huge, big enough for two and overlooking the sea. The bed is massive - you can both lie like starfish and not touch! Everything is soft, comfortable and luxurious.

Favourite things:
1. The staff - genuinely lovely and helpful. Nothing is too much trouble.
2. The breakfast - yummy muesli (I bought some to bring home - and I'm not usually a muesli fan!) fresh fruit and vegetarian sausages if you request them!
3. The bar - surprisingly well stocked for a small hotel. Sitting out with a big glass of wine in the evening overlooking the sea was bliss. They have a great range or wines, champagne, spirits - just everything you need. And you MUST try a cream tea with champagne and strawberries! Heaven!
4. Great location. Handy for the train into St Ives if you don't fancy a walk and also the taxi drivers in this area are the friendliest I've ever met!

Things I'd change:
1. Blackout blinds in the bedroom would have been much appreciated. I'm not complaining about the sun streaming through the windows but I do wish I could have postponed it's appearance for a couple of hours.
2. Nothing else.

Before we got there we didn't realise it was possible to eat at the hotel in the evening. We wanted to eat out but did try the hotel for dinner on the second night. The menu is short - only one choice for a vegetarian but I'd didn't mind that. And when the food arrived we were very impressed - it was excellent, delicious and beautifully presented.

Bye bye Boskerris for now, you gave us the wonderfully relaxing and romantic break we were hoping for and we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mandy_Tither
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Our return to Boskerris after 4 years (no review at that time as not on TA!) met all our expectations. This is a wonderful hotel - small enough to be a home from home yet large enough to offer fine service and amenities. Our sea view room was spotless and very well appointed. All staff we encountered were friendly and keen to assist with everything. A very warm welcome and a similar goodbye. Pimms on the terrace is a must and breakfast one of the finest we have seen worldwide. Thank you Boskerris for a superb break and we will be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple