Prince of Wales
$82
$67
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Centurion Hotel(Midsomer Norton)(Great Value!)
$115
$110
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
$209
$416
$384
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe pubfull englishbus stop rightsteak and ale piepriston millpark and rideb bsunday lunchan excellent mealgreat nights sleepa short bus ridelovely clean roommy mumbiscuitslocal informationbath city centreno room for pudding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We only stayed the one night, but we were very impressed. The owners obviously care about what they do. The room was small, but that didn't bother us, just mentioning it for information, but we only stayed one night. The room was newly decorated, so looked fresh, modern, but restful. It was warm, with a nice-sized, very clean bathroom with a bath and a shower over the bath. The whole place was very clean. There were nice little attentions to detail, for example, mini tubes of toiletries in the room - a rarity these days, I find - and a proper little dish to put used teabags, etc, on the breakfast table and plenty of tea/coffee/sugar in the room. Breakfast was wonderful - I had a full English (1 x bacon, 1 x egg, 1 x sausage, beans, 1 x potato hash brown, whole tomato, mushrooms) which was all perfectly cooked and I enjoyed it immensely. There was also toast and cereal. You could have any combination of breakfast that you liked - I noted that other guests had scrambled eggs on toast, bacon sandwiches, etc - the lovely lady cooking (I think she was the owner) didn't seem to mind what you had and I also noted everyone was offered more, including me who had just had a massive breakfast!

There was a Filipino evening menu, as well as an English menu, but we did not try this, as we had already eaten, so I cannot comment.

There was a definite sense of care and hospitality about the place and I would definitely go back.

It's an old pub, so it is not sleek, polished and modern. But it's clean, comfortable, warm and welcoming and the breakfast is great. I thought it was good value for Bath and what we got for our money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road. Also ask for their biggest room if you are staying more than one night.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leigh645
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We only stayed here for one night which was enough. The room was nicely decorated and clean. However there are a few things that could ave made our stay better. Firstly we didn't even get to meet the owners or if we did see them we weren't introduced. The person that took us to our room didn't offer to take my bag despite me struggling with it up the stairs. The water in the shower was luke warm and the option we got for breakfast was a full english...no choice of tyoes of egg etc despite other guests being offered the option after us :(
Ok for just the one night.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights whilst husband was in above hospital. Very comfortable bed, although cushions a bit dodgy. Amenities in bathroom good and the shower was powerful with plenty hot water. Clean towels everyday. Wasn't sure if needed to stay extra night and Graham was very happy for me to stay if necessary at short notice. Breakfast adequate for me. Dinner excellent. Couldn't find fault at all with anything. Would definately recommend and I would stay again should the need arise. Thanks to Clarissa and Graham.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We spent a night here on our way home from Wales.

The pub was nice a quiet, good parking and easy to find. Was great by a young chap who was polite and helpful.

The room was very clean and bright, the curtains were a bit thin but that is a minor point. The view from our room across the countryside was lovely. Bed and towels lovely and clean. Lots of infomation for guests about buses and things to see and do which I thought was great. I was woken up at 12.30 by a dog whining outside, I have dogs anyway and so thought I was at home and my dogs needed me, this didn't last too long and my partner slept right through.

What we LOVED about this place was the food. We ate in the restaurant in the evening. My partner ate English and I had Fillopeano, WOW gorgeous.

Will happily stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 3 - small but comfy and everything you would need.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2012

just had a one night stay here as we were visiting friends So glad we found this place,lovely clean well furnished room ,decorated in restful colours plenty of hot water in the shower.Had a meal with our friends in the restaurant which was really .My husband and myself tried the fillipino food which was lovely,excellent breakfast in the mornong.Hope we will make a return visit in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple