Third stay at Mains of Taymouth, the previous twice we stayed in Maxwells, this time we decided to have a stay at one of the Gallops apartments, we went for one on the 1st floor. The standard of the accommodation as with the Maxwells is excellent and an added bonus is the views which you don't get with the Maxwells. They are still doing some building works on site which didn't disturb us at all. There is still some work required on the landscaping which I'm sure once winter has passed they will do.
There is a new menu in the Courtyard Bar and the quality of the food was very good and we ate thee on a couple of occasions. My only criticism was the pasta dish was a bit bland but that might suit some people.
So if you want somewhere to stay for a relaxing few days then this is certainly somewhere to try.
Finally a special thank you to Nicki who was extremely helpful in relation to our booking and went out of her way to be accommodating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BOOK DIRECT FOR BEST DEAL We are a 120 acre private country estate set in magnificent Highland Perthshire with stunning self catering properties sleeping from 2 to 12, many with hot tubs, saunas and games rooms, pet friendly, all at either a high 4* or 5* STB standard. Our excellent onsite facilities include our own golf course, riding stables, delicatessen & gift shop and cafe bar & restaurant all within walking distance from each property. Stunning views, tourist attractions & much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Mains of Taymouth Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mains Of Taymouth Cottages Hotel Kenmore
- Mains Of Taymouth Cottages Kenmore, Scotland