“Beautiful Everything”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kenmore
Prestonpans, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Everything”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Beautiful building, beautiful setting, beautiful food.

It was a snowy few days and Kenmore in the snow is absolutely stunning. Met some lovely locals too.

There were some problems when checking in (apparently the key for the room we should have had had managed to get to Italy), we got given an alternate room on the ground floor which wasn't too great so asked if there was any way we could hold off for a better room. This was fine and we eventually got a lovely room up in the roof.

I meant to review sooner but just getting round to it now. I'm sure we will be back in the future.

Room Tip: Just ask the staff. They are very helpful.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Kenmore Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at the Kenmore Hotel & Luxury Lodges. I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay at the Kenmore Hotel in the snow. I am very pleased that you found every aspect of your stay beautiful and the team at the Kenmore Hotel will be very happy that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards Laura Barry, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Pitlochry, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Sent a review in August 2012 concerning a wedding we had been to in the Kenmore hotel giving the food and everything else first class reviews ......... As we stay a short distance away (15 mls ) we decided to go for lunch today 22/07/2013 . Well Kenmore Hotel you didn't disappoint , the food was fantastic , keep up the good work , we will recommend you and will be back soon !!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of your stay at the Kenmore Hotel & Luxury Lodges. We were absolutely delighted to read your kind comments regarding your return dining experience to the Kenmore Hotel. We are very pleased that once again you have left the Kenmore Hotel very happy after your lunch. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Glenrothes, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Booked a wee last minute night away for my partner and I on Sunday. Weather and setting were lovely - a really nice little village where everyone we came across was friendly. We opted for the dinner, bed and breakfast deal, which was really good value for money. I opted for Shetland scallops for starter then 18oz Chateau Briand prime fillet for main - very well made ---- Hats off to the kitchen staff. Bar staff were also friendly.

Room Tip: A room at the rear of the hotel will provide a better view.
1 Thank milleroz146
What a lovely review - thank you for your kind comments. We were delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay at the Kenmore Hotel & Luxury Lodges. At the Aurora Hotel Collection we pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service and we are very pleased that you found all of our team to be helpful and pleasant. The team at the Kenmore will be very pleased that had a nice romantic stay with your partner. We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The village of Kenmore is small. The inn has operated since 1572. It consists of a main building and several smaller cottages. The room was comfortable. The pub in the hotel is quaint. On the fireplace wall is a poem written in pencil by Robert Burns. Wifi is only available in a comfortable family room. The advantage is one meets other travelers and can share stories. The location is quite beautiful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cleve2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at the Kenmore Hotel & Luxury Lodges. I am pleased to read your comments regarding the location and your impressions of the Kenmore Hotel. The Kenmore Hotel is a nice Hotel to relax in and meet various people all having travelled from various places. I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay and I will pass all of your kind comments to the team at the Kenmore Hotel. We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

In hindsight I would have trusted my first impression and not walked past the hosting desk at the restaurant. Me and the family walked into the beautifully set Grill room at the Kenmore hotel to silence from the girl at the hosting desk who was fiddling with a check pad for a good couple up of minutes before looking up at us and grunting 'eh' at us, we asked for a table for 4 and were given the only table available-next to the door and underneath an air-con unit blowing an arctic breeze upon us. Though fair enough as it was a beautiful day and the restaurant had clearly been very busy. So we sat and we waited... A thing we soon realised most of the other customers in the restaurant had already been getting plenty of practise in-we overheard a family of 6 with 2 children sitting near us that had been waiting for 2 hours on their main course. But we eventually got menus and placed our orders, I asked the server what the wait was currently like for food as it wasn't offered and I got what turned out to be an honest answer of 45 minutes(it was getting quieter). So we decided this was reasonable as we were in no huge rush... I shall summarise from here.
-only half our drinks arrived, I went to the bar to get the remainder where miraculously I experienced some good customer service and banter from the barman, Ricardo I think was his name.
-soup for starter was grand, served with bread and some nice dips(don't ask me what they were the gentleman who served me didn't know either)
-main course roast would have been lovely if it was served hot and without raw veg.
-my young sister ordered the burger which was served on a sad floppy bun and with the gherkins we asked to be excluded.
-chocolate brownie desert was Sahara dry and I hardly touched it, instead taking solace in the scoop of ice cream it was served with.
I would have made my disgruntlement known on the day if I was given an opportunity but all the staff seemed to walk around with their eyes to the floor.
Don't waste your time eating at the Kenmore hotel when it is busy!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank IX-1
As you can imagine, I was very disappointed to read the review of your experience in the Grill Room at the Kenmore Hotel & Luxury Lodges. At the Aurora Hotel Collection, we pride ourselves on our high standards of customer service, therefore I am extremely concerned that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns further, so that we can avoid any repetition of your experiences in the future. If this would be of interest, I can be reached on Laura.barry@aurorahotelcollection.com. Kind Regards Laura Barry PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is our third visit to the Kenmore Hotel after being contacted by the hotel after our "little disappointed" previous visit.
I really don't know where to start,my husband and I were bowled over by the whole experience,we really had the "wow" factor which made us return after our first ever stay.
We had the best time ever on our third visit,our room, the staff,service and quality of food went way beyond our expectations.We had a fantastic big room with the most stunning view of the River Tay and the hills beyond,huge big comfortable bed,fluffy white robes and towels,it was absolute luxury. We had a few drinks on arrival and sat both outside during the day as the views and weather were gorgeous and in the lounge at night after dinner.
We had a river view table in the dining room for both our evening meal and breakfast,the staff were fantastic,extremely friendly and efficient making sure you had all you needed and to ensure everything with your meal was enjoyable,my husband had the salad nicciose which he is still raving about as it come with a seared tuna steak and I went for the Tapas which I equally enjoyed,huge big portions,lovely presentation and very reasonably priced.
We had a good nights sleep on the very comfortable bed (good quality bed and bedding) , it was so peaceful.Good powerful shower in the morning then to breakfast which was buffet style ,coffee and toast was brought to your table,good choice of items and good quality too.Lovely lady on reception on check out she was very chatty and friendly.
This is a gem of a hotel in a fantastic setting,getting the important things right and paying attention to detail and obviously hearing what it`s customers want and delivering!
Thanks for a great memorable stay,which more than met our every need and expectation.

Room Tip: I`m not telling because I want availability when we return in October!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of your stay at the Kenmore Hotel & Luxury Lodges. We were absolutely delighted to read your kind comments regarding your return stay at the Kenmore Hotel. I am very pleased that you had a relaxing stay and that you found everything to be just right. The team at the Kenmore will be very pleased that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay from your accommodation to where you were seated in the Grill Room. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Glasgow
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed in the Kenmore Hotel on Saturday night and I have to say what a lovely place. The hotel is an old coach house and dates back to the 16th Century. The room we had was lovely, a a good size and very comfortable. The view from the window was a bit disappointing as we overlooked the old stables. We didn't eat at the hotel as there was a wedding and they had taken over the restaurant. They have a menu that is the same throughout the hotel which in one way is good, but I don't like paying restaurant prices in the bar! I have one small complaint - the TV only had 4 channels and the picture was quite bad. Apart from that I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at the Kenmore Hotel & Luxury Lodges. I am pleased to read your comments regarding the location and your accommodation. The Kenmore Hotel offers a relaxing stay with a lovely view of the surrounding areas. All of your comments have been passed on to the team at the Kenmore Hotel and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards Laura Barry, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenmore
Moness Resort
The Achray House Hotel and Lodges
Fonab Castle Hotel
Fonab Castle Hotel
#3 of 18 in Pitlochry

Been to Kenmore Hotel? Share your experiences!