“Well worth a stay......... Dinner a must!”
Review of Kenmore Hotel

Kenmore Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kenmore
“Well worth a stay......... Dinner a must!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a long weekend in March and had a really relaxed time at the Kenmore Hotel.

The hotel was in a beutiful area of Scotland and ishandy for Glencoe and surrounding area.

The rooms in the hotel are a little dated but I think they are in the process of updating the whole hotel so I look forward to going back once the rooms are modernised.

The best part of the stay was dinner on the Saturday night that was both very tasty and good value. The room that dinner is served in is a modern extention and the feel was very welcoming and the service second to none.

Overall I would recomend a stay here if you can get a good deal and definetly book a dinner in the restraunt you will not be disapointed.

• Stayed March 2013
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Kenmore Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
What a lovely review - thank you for your kind comments. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you thoroughly enjoyed your meals in The Grill Room. The Kenmore Hotel is situated in one of the most beautiful parts of Scotland so I am pleased you were able to get out and about and enjoy its proximity to places such as Glencoe. I noted your comments about the bedrooms and please feel free to contact me should you require an update on any refurbishments.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind Regards, Isla Kerr, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Excellent friendly service...and great value for money. I had a starter and main...the girls had a main and pudding each. All of us had diet coke. The ice cream was excellent quality and beautifully served.....all for £20!
Go visit a beautiful hotel in an stunning location....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ian R
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Kenmore Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
We were extremely pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable time with us and that your meal was both delicious and reasonably priced. The ice cream is always a hit! I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards, Isla Kerr, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection
Edinburgh
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Kenmore is one of my favourite Scottish villages - stunning lochside position. We've been bringing our visitors to the Kenmore Hotel for many years. Food was never the main thing, just opportunity to eat with a wonderful view. Happily, the food has improved considerably as the Hotel is now part of Steven McLeod's Aurora Hotels group. Great Grill with an exciting menu and good wine selection at reasonable prices - thank you.

Minus points (and these are fairly minor niggles which I hope the Hotel can sort quickly): we arrived at 5.45pm without a booking and got a table for 6pm. However, we could not be given a window table as the majority of these were booked for diners arriving at 8pm. We said we would be away by 7.30pm as we were taking our visitors to Edinburgh to catch their bus back to London; however this was not taken on board. My suggestion is that the restaurant take bookings at 5pm, 7pm and 9pm on half the tables with 5.30pm, 7.30pm and 9.30pm for the other half - you could use these tables 3 times in an evening during the tourist season. Even using them twice would a great improvement on what we witnessed.

We were told our grilled food would take 20 minutes - it took 35 minutes. Not a problem, but would have been nice to have been offered a bread roll, as would normally be the case with menus of this quality. I asked if I could buy some nibbles e.g. olives, etc. However, this is not on their menu. Waitress couldn't think of anything else - I suggested some crisps from the bar, which were brought.

If my above 2 points are taken on board, this restaurant will become a lot more profitable and some of this can be used to invest in the bar area which needs a sympathetic upgrade.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Andrew40
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Kenmore Hotel & Luxury Lodges. We were extremely pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable time with us. I have noted the points you raise about the booking system and will be sure to pass them over to the Team. I am however relieved that it didnt spoil the experience for you altogether. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards, Isla Kerr, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection
UK
Reviewed April 2, 2013

On their website this hotel looks idyllic and well maintained.
The reality is faded grandeur, poorly trained staff, relatively high prices and poor rooms. We were booked here with friends and so found it hard to complain - but the shower didn't work and dribbled scalding and icy water alternately - very dangerous - the receptionist said it could not be fixed until after the Easter weekend (after we left) but no apology or rebate - and the impression we got was that the shower had not worked for some time. Others in our party had the same issue and also this was not resolved or any apology forthcoming
Service in the bars and restaurant was very mixed with staff often struggling to speak or understand English. Breakfast was mixed with the hot food barely lukewarm and limited options
Whilst the location is good the experience was very much less than we would expect and we are unlikely to return

Room Tip: Ask if the shower works!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank AlanJUk
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Kenmore Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing your impressions following your stay at The Kenmore Hotel & Luxury Lodges.

Having read your comments, I am sorry to learn that your overall experience did not meet with your expectations and you left feeling disappointed with some aspects of your stay, particularly your accommodation.

I would very much welcome the opportunity to personally discuss the various aspects of your feedback. I can be reached at isla.kerr@aurorahotelcollection.com or on 0844 800 4000, at your earliest convenience.

I look forward to hearing from you and thank you once again for taking the trouble to write a review. Kind Regards Isla Kerr PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We are just back from a couple of nights at the Kenmore. Food was delicious, room was large, clean and comfortable and we could take our dog. This was a great stay in really lovely surroundings with loads to see and do on the doorstep. Only small drawback was waiting staff were new and weren't able to answer questions about the menu. Overall however we had a great time and would heartily recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013
AuroraHotels, Personal Assistant at Kenmore Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable break at The Kenmore Hotel & Luxury Lodges. I am sorry that there was a lack of information given regarding the Menu. I will be sure to pass your feedback onto the team and have the issue addressed.

Perth and Kinross, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here with a view to booking a short break but was put off by the tired decor in the bar and more importantly being charged £6.00 for a 175ml measure of a pretty average red wine. If it had been a 250ml I wouldn't have batted an eyelid but I have ran a bar for 14 years and know when I am getting fleeced. Pity, because its a lovely location.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at The Kenmore Hotel & Luxury Lodges. I will be sure to pass your feedback onto the Team. Kind Regards, Isla Kerr, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed at the Kenmore Hotel in March 2013. Overall the experience was very good. The public rooms of the hotel were appropriate and well appointed. nice fire places, bar area and a fabulous sitting room. The main dining area is wonderful with spectacular views over the river Tay and the hills beyond the village.

The breakfasts were very good with a reasonable selection of fruit, cereals and cooked items. we had lunch there on the first day. An extensive menu with plenty of choice. I was very impressed with the food which was very well priced, servings were also reasonable size. service was excellent at both breakfast and lunch.

The rooms were a little disappointing, definitely showing their age and looking a little tired, that said the room was immaculately clean and well appointed. Overall it was appropriate for our stay and this in no way lessened our stay. It just would have been better if the rooms were of a higher standard. The room was on the smaller side and the bathroom was of a good size but shower in the bath was a bit useless with poor water pressure.

Overall the service, location and ambience made it a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the river
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at The Kenmore Hotel & Luxury Lodges. We were extremely pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable time with us. I have taken all your points on board and I will be passing them over to the Management Team. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards, Isla Kerr, PA to the CEO Aurora Hotel Collection
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenmore
Moness Resort
The Weem Inn
The Weem Inn
#2 of 4 in Aberfeldy
Knock Castle Hotel & Spa

Been to Kenmore Hotel? Share your experiences!