“Best B&B/hotel experience of my life!”
Review of Rock House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kenmore
Rock House
Ranked #1 of 1 Kenmore B&B and Inns
london
“Best B&B/hotel experience of my life!”
Reviewed June 30, 2008

I've been lucky enough to stay in a lot of nice hotels over the years but visiting this B&B has to be the best. Penny and Roland are superb hosts and have created a magical house (and cottages) on this stunning piece of land overlooking Loch Tay. The rooms are beautifully deoorated and spotless and they take care of your every need -- Penny's food is absolutely amazing as well. And the views and the private beach aren't to be missed! Truly a special place to stay, I am just trying to figure out a way to go back soon. I stayed in one of the rooms in the main house but I also saw the cottages and they are equally stunning.

• Liked — the beauty of the house and location, and the friendliness of the owners
  • Disliked — that I had to leave so soon!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank wendynyctolondon

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fife
Reviewed June 3, 2008

This is a brand new B&B (more like a boutique hotel) + 2 self catering houses in a stunning elevated position overlooking Loch Tay some 5 miles from Kenmore. Penny and Roland Kennedy have created a stunning home which must rank with the best of Grand Designs!! 5* hospitality + dinner if you want. This must be one of the best places to stay in Scotland. Well done Penny and Roland!
PS Penny also runs a great homestyle shop in Aberfeldy called Homer.

Roger and Joan Brown
rogerl.brown@btinternet.com

Stayed May 2008
Scotland
Reviewed June 2, 2008

What a wonderful experience, we stayed 2 nights at Rock House for dinner bed and breakfast. Our hosts, Penny and Roland Kennedy made us feel so special and were great fun to spend the evening with. The bedroom was incredibly comfortable, freshly furnished with wonderful fabrics and French furniture, there were even flowers in the bathroom. The bedroom had its own terrace with pretty table and chairs where we had our breakfast basking in the sunshine watching red squirrels busy in the larch trees. The house is contemporary, and worthy of a design award. Recently built with a mass of glass through which you have jaw dropping views up and down Loch Tay from an elevated position. We had dinner out on the covered terrace overlooking the Loch, cooked by Penny who can only described as a fantastic cook, assisted by Roland cooking on his new, very flash gas barbeque. I came away with a handful of recipes she was kind enough to share with me. It is certainly a B&B with a difference. They also have 2 holiday cottages which I would be happy to live in! I will be back and cannot recommend it highly enough.

• Liked — The comfort and attention to detail.
  • Disliked — There was nothing I didn't like about the accommodation.
  • Stayed May 2008
2 Thank tnmilton
isle of bute
Reviewed May 25, 2008

My Husband and I had dinner, bed and breakfast at Rock House last weekend. It is a jewel of a location with stunning views, fabulous food and even better accommodation. We were treated perfectly by hosts Penny and Roland Kennedy and cannot recommend this wonderful place enough. We were in the main house (which is stunning) as we were only there for one night; however there are two beautiful cottage for let for longer stays and we are certainly going to return as soon as our busy lives allow. Penny is Cordon Bleu trained and therefore the food stands up to the amazing house and surroundings. Lots to do locally from white water rafting to hill walking, shopping or just relaxing in glorious surroundings. Enjoy!

2 Thank Ascog
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenmore
Kenmore Hotel
Atholl Palace Hotel
#8 of 18 in Pitlochry
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,729 reviews
Loch Tay Highland Lodges

Been to Rock House? Share your experiences!