Whitecliff Bay Holiday Park
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
1,271 results
All reviewsnab barculver cluboutdoor poolguest servicessun holidaycanvas cottagewelcome packsteep walkisle of wightcomfort chaletsecurity staffsuperior caravanbell tentcrazy golffamily holidaykids entertainmentnice chalet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My children and I stayed in one of the chalets for 4 days and the only problem we had was the amount of wasps that were swarming around the chalet building, other than that the chalet was clean, with great views of Culver Downs. We saw various wildlife on the site in the evenings such as Rabbits, Badgers and a couple of foxes.
The entertainment was great, both my sons loved interacting with Perry, Sammie and the crew.
Would visit again, as its a wonderful place to have a family summer break.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Greg L, Guest Relations Manager at Whitecliff Bay Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Great short but sweet review of your short break Kat! I was pleased to read your children loved our kids' entertainers but it was also good that they got to see some wildlife close up too!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I camped here with my partner and another couple. We are very laid back when it comes to travel however, the experience that we had has inspired me to write a review. I hope that others can avoid the treatment we received.

Upon booking we were told that we cannot have two small tents on one pitch (even though it would be within the number of people allowed per pitch). When we got there, after being ignored at the check-in desk, we were told to make our way to the back pitch and set up anywhere. We arrived at our 'designated' camping pitch to find out that it was in fact an open, uneven field right beside a construction site. We decided to stick it out and look on the bright side- beautiful weather!

When it was time to checkout, yet again ignored, we asked if they would call us a taxi, as none of our mobiles had reception. We were, quite rudely, told that "the phone line has to be kept open for business calls". With this kind of customer service, I cannot believe that they are still in business. Since we could not get a taxi, and the bus wasn't arriving for 1hr, we had to walk along the highway to a pub about a mile away where they were happy to call a taxi for us.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Jes G

I was extremely concerned to read your review Jes and cannot understand why a member of my staff could not be bothered to call a taxi for you. You can make up any excuse you like however we both know that this is the reason why the call was not made. I know this will not help you but I want you to know that I'm committed to the continual improvement of the service we offer to our guests therefore I have begun the process of making a full investigation into this matter so that this appalling error of judgement is not repeated!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed as a family of 4 in a 5 berth value chalet (as 5 berth ones have a shower - a very good one). Despite the negative reviews I went ahead as £265 for four nights at the height of summer is very cheap and that was the priority! The accommodation was clean with very comfortable beds, all the amenities you need, microwave, oven, kettle, toaster, and flatscreen tv. Decent size too. Yes it is shabby from the outside. It is not perfect inside either but you get constant hot water (perfect with three women in the chalet showers etc) plenty of space and as I said it was clean and hygienic. I think some people just like to moan. I don't expect to get a slick shiny new chalet for £265.
The outdoor pool was clean, the indoor one as well , with Jacuzzi and slide- yes it could do with updating but whilst I waited for my kids, I saw the lifeguards testing the water in the indoor pool that's a good sign! There's also a soft play area and table tennis in the same building as the pool.

Outside the nab bar is a very large green area in which to play/sunbathe and further down a bench from which there is the most beautiful view of the sea and surrounding area. The crazy golf is a bit shabby but seemed popular too.

The Nab bar is nice, it is reasonably modern, the breakfast was good when we visited. There was also a great young male singer there every night who accompanied himself with the acoustic guitar. We didn't bother with the Culver club - the kids are older and not really interested in the club house anymore - it really does need updating though.

Staff at reception are lovely and helpful. I stood and listened as one person complained about a green fly he had found in his accommodation...really???!!!! His request for a reclean was handled with politeness and respect though.

The setting is beautiful. As has been said before the steep descent to the beach would really not suit anyone who has any joint problems or the elderly, as getting back up to the site takes some effort. It is quite a short walk to the beach though and well worth it.

I hope famiies who are looking forward to their holiday at this park are not put off by some of the other reviews. If you haven't paid much for your chalet you won't be disappointed if you have though, you may have a gripe or too!

Basically this is very cheap accommodation, (value chalet) which if you use as a base will more than suit your needs for a lovely holiday in a beautiful setting.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more if you stay in the chalets and go for a 5 berth as most of those have showers although you will need to check
4  Thank FlossieWood

Thanks for your appraisal of the park and what a great heading you gave it! We can do luxury accommodation here but as you say, you will pay a lot more for it than the £265 you paid at the height of the season. The best part of your review for me was always going to be the bit about our lovely, helpful staff and the fact that you then go on to describe them as polite & respectful is music to my ears. I also liked your 'room tip' which I'm sure others will find very helpful.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed in our tent for 3 nights on a basic pitch in late August. The park was easy to find and the check in and welcome was easy and friendly. The pitches are very compact and you are asked to leave 3 metres between the tents but this was impossible. Despite this people were considerate and not too noisy. The toilets and showers were ok but not always clean but it was very busy. The facilities are very nice for families 2 pools and free crazy golf. The beach is a bonus too. We really enjoyed the buffet breakfast and the evening entertainment was typical holiday camp but loved by my children 9 and 5. I would go again as it was very good value for an August break.

• Stayed: August 2013

Great to hear you and your family enjoyed your August break and especially that you found it good value for money. When the park is very busy the facilities are very well used however they are cleaned and maintained as best as we are able with a dedicated cleaner for this area. Just for clarity, the rules with regards to pitching are that the bodies of each tent must be pitched at least 3 and a half metres apart but this rule does not apply to guy ropes or cars parked in-between tents.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Camp was quite good but we were greeted by flying ants in chalet which i much admit was cleared quickly by pest control. Few dust webs etc.
Nab pub could do with serving people with orders on side of bar and leave other main bit for drinkers. one chap was there for 20 mins before getting a drink.
We did have a plank missing from balcony which our 2 year nearly fell through but handy man was near by to screw the falling plank back.
One thing i thought was closed to the nuckle was a entertainer commenting on a disabled boy to sit down but far away. glad it was not my child. overall a nice site but be prepared to travel 3 plus miles to do a decent shop and fuel. Beach is great but beware! Its very steep so make your child get out of pram and walk. lol

Room Tip: Our chalet was quite roomy but no shower.
1  Thank Thevikingct

Those pesky flying ants seemed to be everywhere this summer but pleased to read they were cleared quickly for you and also the same for the falling plank. I liked your idea for the Nab bar which I will discuss with the park's General Manager when I am next at Whitecliff Bay and will also ask him if he recalls the entertainer you have commented on. We always advise our guests that there is an entrance to the beach further along the road if you do not want to climb down