“Wow! Outstanding food at very reasonable prices.”

Lockslane Contemporary Bistro
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Bembridge
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Lockslane is an intimate restaurant right in the heart of Bembridge. We source our ingredients from the shops right here in our village and across the Island: vegetables from The Farm Shop, and fresh fish from Captain Stan and Island Foods for meat from Isle of Wight farms. We are intentionally small, concentrating our efforts on providing attentive service and a dynamic menu.We are open from 6.30 In the evening and take last table reservations at 9pm, though you are welcome to stay as long as you want thereafter. Due to our size, we only allow children over the age of 12.
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

What a gem! The food was superb as was the atmosphere. Highlights included a generous slice of sublime crab tart, rump of lamb with fig and salted caramel chocolate fondant tart to die for. Excellent choice of wines. Wish this restaurant was closer to home (and prices). Will be back when next on the island.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have just bought a small second home on the Island and lookee lookee five minutes walk around the corner, we discover this little Bistro. Not quite true has we got the 'heads up' from our neighbours to give it a go as a possible venue for our small wine society's annual trip abroad!!!
Yes it is tiny, not more than about 20 covers so reservation is entirely de rigueur during the warmer months. The menu is delicious and begs exploration, so compass out we explore and share the salad of quails eggs black pudding with a lovely dressing over some mixed leaves and I seem to remember some pickled vegetables featuring. Anyway base camp achieved and dusted in a heartbeat so onward and upward to the mains, mine off the specials board, a pan fried sea bass on a risotto of ramps (wild garlic) and seasoned with lemon zest and El Capitano had lambs liver with a layered potato cake. The risotto was up there with the finest, it defeated me in quantity so good portions in this bistro but end of the journey this trip as totally full. Not so my other half he polished off the liver leaving his plate looking as though it had been through the prewash programme and also cleaning up some of my risotto to boot. House wine very delicious, not expensive, local beer provided and declared a proper job! Something we have discovered since spending time on the Island is that local produce is championed everywhere even in large supermarkets, so good to see so many local ingredients headlining here. We still have to try the local wine but have intelligence that so far not one wine is of mention so our wine tour will probably not be locally successful but certainly this little Bistro was and we will be back.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Visited Bank holiday weekend. Fantastic food in elegant modern setting. This is small in size but big in quality. Clever choice of simple dishes means all the effort goes into the taste, not into proving flashy skills. Bembridge crab tart with Parmesan pastry and pea shoot salad was SO tasty, as was my wife's simple anchovy salad. My main course of rump of lamb had an amazing fig sauce and A's pan fried seabass filet on bed of lemon and wild garlic risotto was packed with clean, but complex, flavour - such a simple idea really well executed. Just had to try the dessert special - macaroon meringue with raspberry compote and white chocolate mascarpone cream. I can still remember all the flavours of all the dishes. Well worth the dinghy ride across from Duver marina. We will try to get here again as soon as possible - but the limited number of covers means this place should always be fully booked!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband and I ate here while staying at Bembridge for a weekend and wanted a really special meal. We chose it after reading the Tripadvisor reviews. It was alovely evening. The restaurant is small and service was really attentive. The food was cooked to perfection. I had sea bass with lemon and wild garlic risotto and it was just beautiful. All of the food looked wonderful. It's not cheap but it's really worth the money for a lovely evening out. Best to book it in advance as it gets busy for obvious reasons!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I'm not one for leaving reviews but am compelled to do so after our meal at Lockslane's. We saw it on trip advisor so decided to give it a try, we certainly weren't disappointed. I started with prawn broth which was packed with flavour, this made me worried that they wouldn't be able to better it.
Luckily I was wrong, the Maple glazed pork belly was stunning and cooked to perfection. My partner had the special which was Sea bass on lemon and wild garlic risotto which was also fantastic.
I finished with the salted caramel and chocolate fondant tart which was rich but not at all overpowering making a great end to the meal.
The bistro is small and very inviting with a very relaxed atmosphere. The front of house was polite and helpful and made us very welcome.
We can't wait to return next year.