“Wonderful staff!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bembridge
London, UK.
“Wonderful staff!”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stayed there for five days at Christmas. The weather was appalling and the reception was flooded. However, drying-up operations were in hand immediately and this sums up the place. They do everything possible to make sure your break is great. They're assisted in this by their fantastic manager, Phil.

As usual, the food and service was excellent (love the eggs Benedict!) and the entertainment brilliant (especially the Dick Whittington panto).

This is a really comfortable place to stay with lovely fluffy pillows and cosy duvets. However, they're developing the place and, I feel, this may mean an ever greater shortage of seats in the main bar area.

My only gripes are that the externals of the chalets are looking very tatty and the high (London-type) price of the drinks and the cost of single rooms. However, it's a lovely place to stay.

My only grip is that single rooms cost the earth

Room Tip: Try and get a room in the main block, seaview.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ZSUZSALondon_UK_
Phil_at_Bembridge, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Bembridge Coast Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent Christmas break with us at Bembridge Coast hotel. I am pleased you felt we did everything possible under very difficult circumstances following the horrendous weather and our flood and I'm pleased that this did not interrupt the enjoyment of your stay. I'm glad you love our fluffy pillows and cosy duvets which is always important when staying away from home. Your comments will be passed onto the team and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. Kind Regards Phil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (602)
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

What a great new year party. From arriving on the 29th to leaving on the 2nd. You could not fault the commitment made by all members of staff. Even Phil the manager was there at every corner and what a voice and the kilt wasn't Bad either. The food was great three meals a day, it's back to the gym now. Service was the best I have come across. Rooms excellent and the little presents each night were a nice surprise. The entertainment team never cease to amaze me, what work ethic they have and the performance for me was the Dick Wittington as good as any West End show. My first time to Warners at New Year and was the best new year I have ever had. So I will be back..... Thanks to Phil and all the teams hope you have a good 2014.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Phil B
I'm so pleased you enjoyed your New Year break with us and you felt it was the best that you had ever had - We take that as a real compliment - Thank You. We work exceptionally hard to ensure that we give all our guests a memorable time and it would appear on this occasion that was the case. I'm glad my singing didn't put you off and the sight of my knees in the kilt was not too shocking either. I'll pass your lovely comments on to the team and we look forward to seeing you again next year kind regards Phil
Rainham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We always go to Bembridge for the New year, but this year was exceptional. The staff are wonderful, the food was out of this world a big thank you to Dom the chef. A big thank you to Maggie our waitress nothing was too much trouble. Karen the who looked after our room over the break. And a big thank you to Kirsty always so very very helpful. The American Drifters were brilliant on New Years Eve. And a Big thank you to Phil the manager he is always on hand to make the New Year break memorable. The hotel grounds are well kept and overlooking the Solent. There is plenty to do with a daily quiz, dance classes, bell ringing and a choir which was fun. The entertainment team was excellent, a very funny panto Dick Whittington such energy the entertainment team have. The Dining room was decorated for New Years eve lovely party atmosphere. Although the weather was bad with the wind and rain, it did not stop the firework display. Country Joe was worth staying up for.. Thank you Bembridge. Have already booked for next year. In my view Bembridge is the best out of all of them.

Room Tip: We had the Captains rooms very spacious and not far from Dining room and ballroom and on the ground...
1 Thank Jean S
"the Best of them all" - Thank you so much for such a lovely compliment I'm so pleased you had a fantastic New Year with us and I'll pass on your special compliments to Dom the chef and Maggie your waitress. It is also great you thoroughly enjoyed the pantomime and all the entertainment. Finally I am glad you thought that our Restaurant looked extra special for New Year's Eve we try our best to make sure everyone has a fantastic time and I'm so pleased that you did. Best wishes and look forward to seeing you soon Phil
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We booked the Christmas break for 5 nights and had a very nice time despite the awful weather. The staff and entertainment at the hotel was excellent, especially our waiter Bart. The food was very good with a good choice to cover all tastes. The entertainment was very good. The Buddy Holly tribute band was excellent and we were able to do a lot of jiving and rock 'n' roll.
The only fault we had was our room. We had a standard room in Ledge House which suffered from very draughty windows and very creaky floors. The overall decor was a little tired and could do with redecorating. The room was very clean and the daily staff looked after it well.
Overall we had a very good time and would look at going again in about 10 years so we fit in to the average age group.

1 Thank Izy60
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent Christmas break with us at Bembridge Coast Hotel. I'll pass on your kind comments to Bart your waiter and I'm pleased that you enjoyed the Buddy Holly tribute (I thought they were fantastic too!) I take on board your comments with regards to your room and will take a look at those rooms personally and see what we can do to further improve them - Best wishes Phil
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Brilliant again!!!! Well Warners you did even better than last time.

There’s an old saying I remember from my childhood ‘if you didn’t enjoy yourself doimg that there’s something wrong with you’ and that definitely applies to this year’s Turkey and Tinsel break at Bembridge.

Our rooms were as before in the south wing, we overlooked the square where the Christmas trees were all decorated and lit up. Being on the ground floor our room had patio doors; we had a walk in shower and twin beds, very comfortable indeed. Thanks to Sue for tidying and keeping our room spotless.

The food from the first evening meal was very good, considering the numbers catered for; we were welcomed to our table by the lovely Marta our waitress for our holiday. A good selection of starters offered at dinner each night, along with chef’s special meals. The Carvery is a must for anyone with a larger appetite; at least two meats to choose from, but if you like both, have both. There are also ample vegetables to baulk out your meal. Then we get to the puddings, well save room for them. The price of wine is very competitive too.

This year’s entertainment group were tremendous, sorry, but being a bloke I can only remember the names of the Gorgeous Charley and Athena, but the whole crew were very good, singing, dancing and an accomplished performance of the Dick Whittington Panto; all very enjoyable. The only down side was that the bingo tickets I bought didn’t have the right numbers on them, you may gather I didn’t win.

The Bembridge Breakfast! Marta brought our teas and coffees then it’s off to the buffet for fruit, pancakes, and cereals all the health you can eat. Specials include eggs Benedict and Kippers amongst others. Following the healthy side it’s off to fried bread, hash browns, mushrooms, fried eggs, bacon, tomatoes, sausages, baked beans and scrambled eggs. A word of warning though, the eggs tend to jump onto your plate two at a time, the bacon sticks together and you end up with six rashers, also the sausages are joined together in at least twos, well that’s how it was for me anyway. On return to our table Marta has replenished the teas and coffees and added toast to go with the jams and marmalades which were already on the table.

Following breakfast we didn’t need lunch!!! We did again visit The Isle of Wight Garlic Farm to sample their wares, the Vampire Relishes, WOW.

Great break, already looking forward to next year.

Room Tip: Room 325 is bigger than adjacent ones.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
I have to admit your review bought a smile to my face and I am so pleased you had a brilliant time and that your stay was even better than your last visit. We try very hard to improve everything from our entertainment to our food to our service to accommodation and I'm so pleased that you noticed the difference. I'll pass on your kind comments to the team that you mentioned and in particular the entertainment group who you felt were tremendous. It was also good to hear you love the Bembridge breakfast there is no better way to start the day. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future - Many Thanks Phil
hampshire
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We spent new year at the Bembridge hotel Warners, the location is perfect the hotel staff are some of the nicest I have ever come across from the room attendants to the reception staff, to name a few Chris on reception he goes that extra mile, and our waiter for the stay mat who always had a smile.
The food was exceptional lots of choice always fresh. Our room was 16 with a sea view and lots
of extras, tea coffee, hot choc biscuits and fruit. very comfy beds. very clean.
My only gripe would be the entertainment, which was varied but really did cater for the over 70s which for me and my husband in our forties not entertaining, but even if we had wanted to join in you needed to be in the admiral for 6.30pm to get a seat as most of the guests either reserved seats ( sent one member of the party to save 6 seats then the rest of the group would join them at 9pm ) this really upset me New Years Eve as I wanted to see the American Drifters but could not get a table or seat after our dinner at 8pm despite the fact that some seats were not used people still held on to them. I was really disappointed. We went on our holiday with my lovely aunt and uncle both in their late 70s and they enjoyed it very much. This is not a cheap holiday it cost over £2400 for 4 night for 4 adults but it was worth every penny, as long as you don't want to see the entertainment !

Room Tip: We had 16 and 14 excellent location.
1 Thank thehousekeeper1
What a lovely review and thank you so much for your kind comments with regards to our team here at the hotel. I was also pleased to read you enjoyed our exceptional food and you felt your stay was worth every penny.I am also sorry for any disappointment caused on New Year's Eve but hopefully this will not put you off returning in the future. Kind Regards Phil
Chatham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Wow what can I say, we have just come back from our New Year Break at Bembridge, we go every year but this one was the very best ever, as always the staff were wonderful, they look after their guests so well and nothing is too much trouble. The restaurant was decorated to perfection on New Year's eve with a Scottish piper piping in the haggis, there was Phil the Manager, then carrying the haggis was the head chef Dom and 2 very pretty girls from the entertainment team - the haggis was beautiful, we had tatties and neaps just after midnight, it was delicious. l must compliment Dom and his staff for providing such excellent food on our stay, they cater for everyone, we even mentioned that we liked Chocolate sponge and on our last evening we had Chocolate, beetroot and apple sponge, (yes!! beetroot, it was out of this world). We had a really efficient waitress (Maggie) who was so tiny but she was so good, would highly recommend if you go there to ask for her on your table, she never once got any request wrong, and so quick, just as we like it. The best part of our holiday was the New Year's eve entertainment, it was 'The American Drifter's' - I must admit I was sceptical at first but once I heard them and saw them perform I was 'blown away' I have never ever seen such fantastic entertainment. We stayed in the 'Captains Royale' room which so beautiful, so spacious, well decorated, plenty of draw and cupboard space, flat screen TV, loads of channels (if you wanted them) and all tastefully decorated in a co-ordinating colour scheme. Every evening the beds were turned down and a little gift placed on each pillow - which was a really nice touch. Karen was our housemaid and she was so efficient. In fact all of the staff really are a credit to Phil the Manager, he is at the helm of a brilliant compliment of people who look after everyone so well. We have booked another break next year with the lovely Kirsty. We had a beautiful view of the Solent, it was very windy and raining a few days and night which made it quite choppy at times but the views were still well worth seeing. The coffee shop, with Rob, Graham, Janine, Peter etc. was efficient and well run, they catered for our drinks and snacks during the day if it was wanted (mind you the food in the restaurant as I said was so good that we didn't have room for any more food in between meals - apart from a piece of Christmas cake yummy). I really cannot praise everyone at Bembridge Coast Hotel enough for giving us such a wonderful time, it will certainly go down in the history books as the best so far. If you ever get the chance to visit then please take it.

Room Tip: Signature or Royale rooms over looking the Solent are well worth the extra few pounds, the rooms are...
3 Thank June S
"The very best ever" - what a lovely compliment and thank you so much for your kind words and fully comprehensive review which is great to share with the team. We value all feedback and I am just so pleased that so many people were able to make a difference to your stay. I am also pleased that and even with your scepticism on the American drifters how much in the end you thoroughly enjoyed them and was blown away. I'm also delighted to hear that you love the new "Captains rooms" which have become very very very popular.Thanks once again for all the praise and I look forward to meeting up with you in the not to distant future - Best wishes Phil
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bembridge
The Royal Hotel
Seaview Hotel
Seaview Hotel
#1 of 2 in Seaview
Lakeside Park Hotel & Spa

Been to Warner Leisure Hotels Bembridge Coast Hotel? Share your experiences!