“Thanks to everyone”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bembridge
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Thanks to everyone”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We have just come back from a long weekend at Warner Bembridge coast and just want to say thanks to all the staff for making our weekend so lovely. When we arrived our rooms were not what we were expecting but after speaking with the duty manager we were moved the following day.The food entertainment and facilities were all very good. We have booked to go back again next year.

Room Tip: ask for rooms on south side, avoid rooms in older part of hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank sandra39_13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (620)
Warwickshire
Reviewed September 16, 2013

What a wonderful mid-week break. 100% better than last year. The food was sensational. obviously a Head Chef with vision Our waiter was attentive,friendly and efficient. As for the entertainment, what a team, their last night presentation of The Musicals was so professional I felt I was at the West End. I cannot think of a single thing to complain about. Daytime entertainment, Leisure Activities, Bars, Cafeteria and all other staff A.1.
Yes we have booked again for next year, this time for a week and in a Captain's Signature Room.

Room Tip: I am a wheelchair user and chose a room with shower not bath. For extra room, opt for a Royal Room...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Barbara T
wiltshire
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is a typical Warner hotel. Public rooms are spacious as is the Dining room. We had a Signature room which was very pleasant. However we would advised the disabled to check when booking that the room allocated is close to the public rooms unless they fancy a route march. The grounds are spacious including an attractive flower garden. Car parks are large but still get quite full overnight. The carvery can be a bit repetitive if staying longer than 3 nights but food can be ordered from the kitchen. However be prepared for a longish wait or to be told after a longish wait that the dish ordered has run out. The entertainment is variable ,a bit like the curates egg, " Good in parts. " Plenty of daytime activities both in and out of doors. Overall a decent child free hotel aimed mainly at the older generation. Watch out for price hike in 2014 when the food element is added to the price AFTER the 'Up to 50% discount' has been applied to the accommodation element. Crafty!!!

Room Tip: Get a room close to the Public rooms and save your legs.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hartshill
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Just got back from a memorable stay at Warners,Bembridge,couldn't fault anything,the room was large,clean and very comfortable.the food was very tasty with plenty of choice from either the menu or carvery,the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: all rooms good,but one overlooking the Solent would be the icing in the cake
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is an excellent hotel. Brilliant location, great rooms, super staff and has everything going for it.

The hotel was so helpful in arranging some surprises for our wedding anniversary and so full marks to them. My previous review sung the praises of the hotel and they still hold true.

However, this seems to be Warners HQ year of charge you more and give you less. What was a lovely lounge to relax and have a quiet drink, chat and occasional piano recital has been converted into bedrooms leaving absolutely nowhere other than the reception area to avoid to hustle and bustle of a lively hotel. Also, there is no escaping TVs placed in all public areas which may please the sports crowd but does nothing for me. I can stay at home and watch TV but I come away for a break including some relaxation so to find the bar area converted into a football stadium didn't enchant me. Neither did the fact that it couldn't be avoided in the small snooker room where a group of 3 people insisted on watching "the match" even though the 4 of us playing snooker would have preferred to escape it.

Anyway, that didn't spoil what was a super holiday.

The restaurant staff were so friendly and efficient and deserve a mention too. Celebration cake dealt with brilliantly.

Well done for our VIP reservations keeping great seats in the auditorium for our party. The ELO and Queen tributes were great entertainers - loud but good quality sound without grating.

We missed the young lady giving the classical recitals from previous visits but where could she even perform.

No local produce though. There are some excellent breweries on the Island but not offered even though the bar menu suggests that you ask about them. The answer is "we haven't got any". Similarly, there are IOW cheeses so it would have been good to support the local community. I guess this is another Warner HQ decision as Goddards Ale has been offered on previous visits.

A point for the hotel to note is that this was the second year that we had booked a Royale Suite and on neither occasion were we informed that there was also a reserved dedicated parking spot for us - another guest told us about it after a few days of our stay. Not a great concern but worth bringing to staff attention.

Room Tip: If you are going to treat yourself room 502 takes some beating. Use the change over days of Monday...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank The_Hotel_Inspec2r
Reviewed September 9, 2013

What a great 10 days at this, I can only describe as our second home. I have to first make comment on all the sad people who choose to make unfounded petty comments about this hotel, some who say they have been coming for years and now after what appears to be one time they have found something wrong!!! Hay get real, life is not perfect and yes we all would like it to be. I experienced first-hand someone complaining at reception, at the same time I had to inform the staff that there was a problem with the room; the difference was, the person complaining, I could only describe as a spoilt child, shouting and stamping his feet. There is a correct way and a wrong way. The staff work hard at this hotel and try their hardest to rectify issues. We need to remember this is a business and not everything in business goes as we would like, so to you people get a life and get real.
Now to the great things about this hotel. I have travelled to 40% of countries’ in the world stayed in some 5* plus which would not be worthy of a 1* and stayed in B&B, s as good as this hotel. I have based my experience and categorise the places I stay on “Would I introduce my best friends to the Hotel/B&B”. The Warner’s Bembridge Hotel appears in my top ten and based on 13 years’ experience of coming to the hotel. This was our third time this year of five visits we had booked for 2013 and have already booked twice for next year. My partner and I meet at this hotel and therefore hold a place in our hearts but we arrived as guests and now we stay as friends, as we look on most of the staff as friends. A tribute to the hotel is that the majority of staff stays and have been there years, a credit to the management team. I would personally like to thank all the staff for their dedication but would mention the following: Debbie (sales), Nick, Gemma (Restaurant), Maria, Sandra and Teresa (Housekeeping), Charlie, Hannah and Mike (Entertainments Team) great shows and last but not least all the catering staff who work hard in the background to feed us, with some excellent delights. Thanks Bembridge. As Arnie says “I’ll be back”, again and again. To all you people who are considering this hotel, It has great staff, views and food; if you have to complain be polite it pays off, trust me. PB&JL

Room Tip: The Royal Room's are great but Signature room's are great value with excellent facilities to...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Phil B
Phil_at_Bembridge, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Bembridge Coast Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Wow - What a fantastic review ! - Thank you so much for taking the time and for such lovely comments about the Hotel & Team. It is always our aim to offer the very best service and standards and will happily discuss any aspect of our guests stay should the need arise. Look forward to seeing you again real soon. Thanks once again.
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Myself and a small group colleagues recently booked an activity day at Bembridge Coast; this included archery and crossbow shooting, rifle shooting, and use of the facilities. We were also given an £8 by our employer which we were told was "to use towards lunch"; it said the same thing on the vouchers themselves.

In the AM we had our archery and crossbow sessions which were taken by instructor Ollie, who was helpful, polite and friendly. Similarly in the afternoon staff member Wayne took us for rifle shooting and was similarly pleasant. Both lots of activities were good fun and we all commented how nice the instructors were, which obviously makes all the difference to the experience.

Unfortunately we all felt less impressed with the service at lunch time. We found a member of staff who could advise us of where lunch is served and went through to find a table. Most of us wanted to order from an £8, 2 course "set menu" we'd been shown but myself and one colleague looked at their ordinary menu and preferred to order from that, making up the difference ourselves. We approached the ordering area where we had the misfortune to be served by a lady (I will refrain from naming her) who appeared to have no idea of customer service at all - we were not met with a smile or any niceties, nor were any offered during our orders. My colleague and I were informed in a very curt manner that we had to order from the set menu as our vouchers were not valid towards anything else (not sure how this was the case, and anyway they'd be making additional money if we ended up spending extra?!). At this I selected a main food choice and a pudding to be told "no we dont have that" and directed to some cakes that were out on the counter as if this was perfectly obviously. I looked towards them to select one and was told "well we'll do that afterwards". My colleague asked if he could have his sandwich toasted which was clearly felt to be unreasonable - he was told they "don't do them" and when he asked if they could just toast the bread first and put the filling inbetween the reply was a reluctant "I suppose so"! Another colleague was met with the lady looking away and sticking out her hand when she wanted his voucher. The whole group was taken aback by being served in such a rude manner. Thankfully we were served our food by other staff in lunch area who were far more polite.

In terms of value, the food was average - nothing particularly special but not unreasonable either. The bar I felt was quite expensive. Spa facilities included an indoor pool and sauna, you could also use the gym if you wished to. These were ok, and changing rooms etc nice and clean.

Overall we all enjoyed our day and agreed we'd all be happy to return to do activities or use the spa facilities again, it was just a shame that one member of staff let the side down. This resort appears to be primarily a retirement destination and I rather hope the majority of the clientele are not treated this way!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ginster87
Firstly may I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I will pass your kind comments on to Ollie & Wayne and I am glad you enjoyed the Archery & Shooting. I will also discuss you comments with our Coffee Shop team and I apologise for any shortfall in standards you may have experienced but I am pleased that overall you would be happy to return.Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bembridge
The Royal Hotel
Luccombe Manor Country House Hotel
The Clifton
The Clifton
#2 of 52 in Shanklin

Been to Warner Leisure Hotels Bembridge Coast Hotel? Share your experiences!