“First Time and a Warners Hotel and not disappointed”

Warner Leisure Hotels Bembridge Coast Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bembridge
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights to celebrate our silver wedding Anniversary, we paid a bit more to have one of their superior rooms, we couldn't have asked for better, we had our own parking space allocated to our room, so never had to worry about finding anywhere to park, the room had a four poster bed and a couple of small bottles of complimentary wine, we had a sea view. The food was amazing, the evening meals you were given a great choice from the carvery or choose from the menu, and the staff were really helpful and friendly, one evening I had enchiladas from the menu and asked if I could have some more sour cream and the waitress came back with a pudding dish full of it. The overall size of the portions was just right I had 3 courses and never felt uncomfortably full. The staff were friendly and helpful. Will definitely go back.

Room Tip: If you can afford to go for the deluxe rooms, the rooms are quite spacious
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Phil_at_Bembridge, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Bembridge Coast Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and "Happy Anniversary". I am so pleased your first Warner Experience lived up to expectations and you liked your Royale room with sea view and parking. I know chef will be pleased that you felt the food was amazing. We have been working very hard lately on our menu's and food quality so great feedback like this is helpful. I am glad you are looking to return and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best Wishes Phil

Write a ReviewReviews (1,303)

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Just come back from a four night stay in Warner's Bembridge Coast Hotel. Good service, most of the food at diner was good, but you can tell the chef's are trying to keep costs down as portion sizes are very small for the starters and desserts. Breakfast choice was good and very organised service, Excellent service from the the table staff. Resident Entertainers work really hard to keep everyone happy and the standard of entertainment is Ok but not great. Swimming pool is a little on the small size and the water is too cold.

Great location and plenty of things to do and see on the Isle of Wight

Recommended for the seniors really and not geared up for a younger crowd

Room Tip: Make sure you get a good deal when booking, ask for a discount on their rates and you may be surpris...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Phil_at_Bembridge, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Bembridge Coast Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thanks for your review and I am glad overall you felt the Hotel was very good. I take on board your other comments and will discuss with the chef’s but I am pleased you felt Breakfast offered good choice and was well organised. As you say we are in a great location and with so much to see and do I hope we can welcome you back to the Isle of Wight soon.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had a lovely four night break at Warners' Bembridge Coast Hotel. We were so lucky that the weather was fine. The hotel is beautiful, we had a lovely room, great beds. The food was also lovely, full self service breakfast and evening meal. Plenty of food available throughout the day to purchase and a lovely bar. The gardens were exceptional, many loungers and seats to laze on. Lots of daytime activities for the energetic. The evening entertainment was terrific, have not laughed so much for a long time with the comedian and great song and dance from the resident entertainers. All the staff are friendly and accommodating. Would love to have stayed longer and look forward to returning.

Room Tip: All rooms are good so you will have no trouble wherever you are situated.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank burgundycarole4301

Thank you so much for such a lovely review about “Beautiful Bembridge”. I have shared your review with the whole team and I am so pleased you found every aspect of the holiday “lovely”. It’s great to hear you also had a laugh as we work hard in ensuring everyone has a fun stay doing as little or as much as they choose. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Perfect setting on the coast ,sea view from the room looking out at the ferries, yachts and cruise liners .The food was exceptional and the waiting staff friendly and helpful.
This is one place I cant wait to return to.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

What a lovely comment - Thank You. We work hard on our Menu's and I am glad you felt the food was exceptional. I will certainly pass this praise on to our new Head Chef. Our perfect setting does allow watching the busy activity in the Solent and I am glad with your sea view room you were able to enjoy this. We can't wait to welcome you back either. See you soon.
Best Wishes

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel many times in the past and have always been satisfied.
I heard that a revamp had taken place, so during a day visit, we called into Bembridge to see.
The staff were very good and we were shown a typical Signature room with a walk-in shower, which was what we would want. Very satisfactory.
In earlier stays, one thing was not too good, that being that snacks had to be obtained from the Bar,and were limited. The revamp to the lounge includes a very good Cafetiria. It is great to be able to see the Ocean Liners sailing past, and lit up at night. We have booked a stay for next August and are very much looking forward to it.

Room Tip: Sea View rooms are best.
2  Thank ferdinando1

Thank you for your review and I am pleased you liked the improvements we have made since your last visit. We look forward to welcoming you to stay with us next August. Regards Phil

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Just returned from a mid week break at Bembridge and the standard did not approach other Warner hotels we have stayed in, Check in was fine with the complementary tea & coffee for Concierge club members, however after dinner tea /coffee is now chargeable and not part of the meal, having paid for a half board stay, I do not expect to pay for the tea/coffee after the meal, especially as it was previously provided and the conditions changed after booking.
The room (503) was very pleasant but lacked bath towels on check in, reported to reception, not delivered until the following morning. Tuesday morning, Toilet blocked before use, asked to move rooms but persuaded to stay as maintenance could easily clear the problem and no other equivalent rooms available, toilet cleared, Wednesday morning, same problem after using toilet, reception did show us another smaller room (803) but declined as it was over the kitchen and smelled and didn't want to re pack and unpack everything again. Maintenance again unblocked the toilet. Wednesday afternoon, maintenance called out to unblock the toilet again. I believe the problem was not restricted to just room 503 as other guests on that floor also suffered the same problem, perhaps something more serious.
The restaurant. Our waiter Carl and, on his day off, waitress Jemma were superb, very attentive and very efficient, however, the food didn't come up to standard with limited choice of vegetables, choice of 2 on the carvery, no cold meats with the salads, and NO tea or coffee afterwards. Breakfast was better but again no cold meats or cheeses for the continental breakfast.
The grounds were very good, with plenty of space for the sun loungers overlooking the Solent, and well maintained, although with the current dry spell, maybe a little parched. Layout could have been improved with the targets for archery not in the middle of the 9 hole pitch and putt course, although the golfers disappeared when they saw the cross bows being loaded.
The Entertainment team were reasonably proficient, but again with the same show at every Warner it would have been nice to see some variation. Similarly with the Quizzes a when you already have the answers some of the challenge is taken away.
Warner hotels used to have a superior standard, however if this latest break is anything to go by, standards are definitely slipping, and not worthy of continued support. As a concierge club member we used to have a general 10% discount as a reward for customer loyalty, we now get a book of vouchers, the majority of which are irrelevant to the holiday, and can be found as give-aways in Sunday supplements. It seems Warner only want loyalty one way.

1  Thank TonyDelrusci_

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Bembridge Coast Hotel.

I am so pleased you felt Carl and Gemma’s service in the restaurant was superb. I will pass your comment on.

I am however very sorry to hear of the disappointment you felt in other areas. Suffice to say the problems you encountered in your room are not typical of the standards we have set here at Bembridge Coast and as such are completely unacceptable. Please accept my sincere apologies. Should you wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me. Phone 01983873931 or Email phil.howden@bourne-leisure.co.uk

Phil Howden

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Just returned from this hotel where I stayed with my mother for a five day break.
The food is excellent, so much of it that I have put half a stone on!!! All the hotel staff are amazing, so friendly and helpful. The evening entertainment is nigh on West End standard. Beds are comfortable and rooms really clean and spacious as long as you book a signature room.
Ask for a room away from the reception and delivery area though as very noisy when lorries and coaches arrive as the drivers leave their engines running.

Room Tip: South end rooms are quieter and ask for a seaview as the views are beautiful.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Maria B

Thanks for such a great review and I am delighted you found the team amazing, friendly and helpful. Our new Head Chef will also be pleased to hear you felt the food was excellent. I am glad your signature room was clean and spacious and this is why they are our most popular rooms. Finally the Entertainment's team work extremely hard on their performance and I am pleased what you saw was nigh on "West End" standard. I hope you and your mother get the opportunity to return and see us in the near future.

Phil

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bembridge
Royal Esplanade Hotel
Sandringham Hotel
Sandringham Hotel
#9 of 29 in Sandown
Luccombe Manor Country House Hotel

Been to Warner Leisure Hotels Bembridge Coast Hotel? Share your experiences!