Warner Leisure Hotels Bembridge Coast Hotel
$163
$69
$62
  • Restaurant
Marina Bay Hotel(Sandown)(Great Value!)
$54
  • Breakfast included
Cygnet Hotel(Sandown)
  • Pool
1,376 results
All reviewssignature roomour waitersea viewstandard roomroyale roomrifle shootinghollywood housepitch and puttindoor bowlsgarden suitepublic areasentertainment teamnorton grangechristmas breakbreakfast and evening mealledge houseaverage age
Reviewed June 6, 2011

This was our 3rd visit to this hotel and all have been good but this one was very good indeed. There were so many activities to join in with if you wanted to, but absoloutely no pressure if you just wanted to relax and unwind. The enterainment was first class and the choices on the menu catered for every taste. The lunchtime BBQs provided a tasty alternative to the usual Coffee Shop snacks/meals.

We went to the Murder Mystery dinner which was good fun. There were around 25 people there which was about right - enough to make it work but not so many that you didn't feel involved. It was a little different to other similar events we've been to (not with Warner) because a lot of the information was spoon-fed and the "interrogation" of suspects started almost as soon as we arrived. (One of the cast mentioned that they had to rush to get the ferry back to the mainland, so perhaps that was why. Nonetheless we thoroughly enjoyed it and would rcommend it.) Special thanks to Maria the Warner host - lovely lady with a terrific personality.

In fact, it's probably the staff who make this hotel a bit special. They are so helpful and friendly, nothing is too much trouble. Despite being very busy - I think the hotel was fully booked - they still made time for everyone and gave a good service.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TigerPuss
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Having been to Warners many time, even Bembridge, I was delighted to find this Hotel had realy gone to town on its update. We had a Signature room, with Patio. The room was excellent beds very comfortable. Clean with luxury towels. The ambience of the place was great. the Entertainment each evening was 1st class as great as any cruise liner, and we have done that. Food fiirst class with a large menu to suit all tastes. I am always sceptial when reading these things but I can honestly tell you this is true. We are going to Haling Island Sinah Warren in July, and can only hope that lives up to Bembridge.

Reviewed June 4, 2011

I Have just returned from an excellent 4 night stay at Bembridge coast with 5 good female 50+ friends. We go every year to various warners. We have to conclude that this year was probably the best.
Our signature rooms were very clean and well appointed. Out towels were changed daily, despite another review that I read.
Impromptu afternoon entertainment in the sunshine was very welcome. Good singers, lovely BBQ, and games to play on the grass.
The falconry show was absolutely brilliant. A real must see!!
Our special thanks have to go to the absolutely wonderful Maria and James on the entertainment team. They were funny, could sing well and made a great duo!!! You made us feel so welcome despite our nickname 'The witches of Eastwick'. It was all delivered and taken in real good fun.
Magnus, the singer, was just superb. He should really be on a london stage. Magnificent!!
Barman, Kev, was the best. Took jokes in such good part and never kept us waiting.
We definitely had the best waitress in Collette. She worked so hard and was enlikened to a Tasmanian Devil due to the speed that she could work. Though she never seemed to stop, she somehow managed a joke with everyone, and made you feel as though yours was the only table she was serving.
The only slight complaint that We had was that although the general food was very good, and breakfast was brilliant, the vegetables left a bit to be desired. They were somewhat watery and tastless. A small price to pay for everything else.
See you next year Bembridge Coast!!

1  Thank vchauncey
PhilHowden, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Bembridge Coast Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2011

What a lovely review, thank you very much. I am so happy to hear that this was your favourite break within the 11 years of visiting Warner, this makes me very proud and I will be sure to share all of your wonderful comments with our fantastic team here at Bembridge Coast.
I can only apologise about the vegetables during your stay, we pride ourselves in offering a very high standard of food at Bembridge Coast, so I will be discussing this situation with our chef immediately.
Looking forward to seeing you next year!
Phil

Reviewed June 3, 2011

We have just come back from Warners Bembridge Coast. There was six of us we had been rebooked as Norton grange had a fire so last min we were put there. Our rooms were upgraded staff very helpful.We had a waitress called Colett who was rushed off her feet but nothing was to much trouble excellent service from beging to end.Entertainment staff Marie James and co were outstanding Magnus the male singer was just out of this world he has amazing talentand will go far all bar star were friendly and graham in coffee shop .This all made our holiday special.There was also a falconry display and that was a great sucess hope they continue to be there.This was our tenth visit to warners third to Bembridge and this was by far the best THANK YOU TO ALL THE STAFF.

2  Thank daphne000

Many thanks for your prompt review.
I am delighted to hear that the six of you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to see that Bembridge Coast Hotel is continuing to provide enjoyable holidays for groups.
It is great to hear that you were impressed with the entertainment team, bar team and by your waitress; your lovely comments have been passed on.
We hope to welcome you in the future.
Phil

Reviewed May 27, 2011

We are in our late 50,s and actually visited with some trepidation as we had heard most warners guests are older but we needed somewhere we could take our disabled father for a break. I do think that if just some of the music and day entertainment could include something for those of us just slightly younger then everything would have been perfect. However the main evening entertainment especially the new Cotton Club routine and the West End show was fabulous and would be impossible to improve. In our opinion many of the performers could be on the West End stage.
We stayed in a Signature Room with a seaview with a walk in shower, it was perfect. I was pleasantly shocked at the size of the bed, the beautiful crisp White bed linen and modern decor, also really comfortable chairs and the biggest dressing table I have ever seen. Lovely extras flat screen tv, DVD player even a DAB radio and a mini bar/fridge which I could even pop a few soft drink cans in. I requested extra pillows and even a fan and these promptly arrived. The extractor fan in our bathroom had been locked shut so the housekeeper called maintenance and he arrived in minutes and fixed this. I am finding it hard to express how impressed I was with both the quality, size, cleanliness of the room plus the service without gushing the same words over and over. We were even given help to our room with our luggage.
The restaurant is fantastic, lovely surroundings to sit in and the food is out of this world. With a huge choice for breakfast from fresh fruit, cereals, pancakes cooked in front of you to a full English breakfast with fruit juices and plenty of tea or coffee. Evening meals were just as good with a choice of two meats on the carvery every night with roast potatoes that were out of this world. There was an extensive salad choice and fresh fish of the day cooked in front of you. Also there were several a la carte dishes and two vegetarian choices on the menu which you could order straight from the kitchen. There were several choices of starters and deserts which changed daily and all I tried were excellent.
I must put a shout out here for our waiter 'Fillipe' he was fantastic and I am embarrassed to say I found myself getting a little tearful when I said goodbye to him. I shall miss his cheerful face in the mornings and he was so very helpful.
All of the staff were brilliant, we spoke to many of them who were happy to listen to our one minor gripe on wishing for some slightly younger music. Most agreed that it was something that they really need to address for the future. It has to be said though they cater very well for the age of their visitors because whilst we were there nearly all guests were in their 70's or 80's wasn't too much of a problem as I love older people and we were there with my Father. We were advised that their clientele gets slightly younger in the peak summer months and when they have social musical events like 60's tribute band there, so we have decided to book two more short breaks this year at these times. It will be interesting to see if the entertainment will then be geared at a slightly younger audience? However I think I may have laboured on this point too much because I would go again if everything remained exactly as it was as this is such a tiny point, everything else was absolute perfection and I for one can't wait to return and envy every one of you who will be visiting the Warners Bembridge from this day on. You are in for a real treat and if you have never tried Warners before then please go as I honestly don't think you will regret it.
I would just like to add one point to management. My Father stayed in a disabled room just inside the north corridor but in the evenings you close the heavy sets of fire doors between this corridor and the main building and as he uses a disability scooter he could not return to his room alone, as these doors do not have sensor opening or those large silver disabled buttons which you can press which then automatically open the doors. Perhaps this is an improvement that could be made in the future.
Many thanks for a fab holiday, the first of many, I hope!

• Stayed: May 2011