“loved the place”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bembridge
London, United Kingdom
“loved the place”
Reviewed June 3, 2011

We have just come back from Warners Bembridge Coast. There was six of us we had been rebooked as Norton grange had a fire so last min we were put there. Our rooms were upgraded staff very helpful.We had a waitress called Colett who was rushed off her feet but nothing was to much trouble excellent service from beging to end.Entertainment staff Marie James and co were outstanding Magnus the male singer was just out of this world he has amazing talentand will go far all bar star were friendly and graham in coffee shop .This all made our holiday special.There was also a falconry display and that was a great sucess hope they continue to be there.This was our tenth visit to warners third to Bembridge and this was by far the best THANK YOU TO ALL THE STAFF.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank daphne000
PhilHowden, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Bembridge Coast Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
Many thanks for your prompt review.
I am delighted to hear that the six of you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to see that Bembridge Coast Hotel is continuing to provide enjoyable holidays for groups.
It is great to hear that you were impressed with the entertainment team, bar team and by your waitress; your lovely comments have been passed on.
We hope to welcome you in the future.
Phil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (628)
Reviewed May 27, 2011

We are in our late 50,s and actually visited with some trepidation as we had heard most warners guests are older but we needed somewhere we could take our disabled father for a break. I do think that if just some of the music and day entertainment could include something for those of us just slightly younger then everything would have been perfect. However the main evening entertainment especially the new Cotton Club routine and the West End show was fabulous and would be impossible to improve. In our opinion many of the performers could be on the West End stage.
We stayed in a Signature Room with a seaview with a walk in shower, it was perfect. I was pleasantly shocked at the size of the bed, the beautiful crisp White bed linen and modern decor, also really comfortable chairs and the biggest dressing table I have ever seen. Lovely extras flat screen tv, DVD player even a DAB radio and a mini bar/fridge which I could even pop a few soft drink cans in. I requested extra pillows and even a fan and these promptly arrived. The extractor fan in our bathroom had been locked shut so the housekeeper called maintenance and he arrived in minutes and fixed this. I am finding it hard to express how impressed I was with both the quality, size, cleanliness of the room plus the service without gushing the same words over and over. We were even given help to our room with our luggage.
The restaurant is fantastic, lovely surroundings to sit in and the food is out of this world. With a huge choice for breakfast from fresh fruit, cereals, pancakes cooked in front of you to a full English breakfast with fruit juices and plenty of tea or coffee. Evening meals were just as good with a choice of two meats on the carvery every night with roast potatoes that were out of this world. There was an extensive salad choice and fresh fish of the day cooked in front of you. Also there were several a la carte dishes and two vegetarian choices on the menu which you could order straight from the kitchen. There were several choices of starters and deserts which changed daily and all I tried were excellent.
I must put a shout out here for our waiter 'Fillipe' he was fantastic and I am embarrassed to say I found myself getting a little tearful when I said goodbye to him. I shall miss his cheerful face in the mornings and he was so very helpful.
All of the staff were brilliant, we spoke to many of them who were happy to listen to our one minor gripe on wishing for some slightly younger music. Most agreed that it was something that they really need to address for the future. It has to be said though they cater very well for the age of their visitors because whilst we were there nearly all guests were in their 70's or 80's wasn't too much of a problem as I love older people and we were there with my Father. We were advised that their clientele gets slightly younger in the peak summer months and when they have social musical events like 60's tribute band there, so we have decided to book two more short breaks this year at these times. It will be interesting to see if the entertainment will then be geared at a slightly younger audience? However I think I may have laboured on this point too much because I would go again if everything remained exactly as it was as this is such a tiny point, everything else was absolute perfection and I for one can't wait to return and envy every one of you who will be visiting the Warners Bembridge from this day on. You are in for a real treat and if you have never tried Warners before then please go as I honestly don't think you will regret it.
I would just like to add one point to management. My Father stayed in a disabled room just inside the north corridor but in the evenings you close the heavy sets of fire doors between this corridor and the main building and as he uses a disability scooter he could not return to his room alone, as these doors do not have sensor opening or those large silver disabled buttons which you can press which then automatically open the doors. Perhaps this is an improvement that could be made in the future.
Many thanks for a fab holiday, the first of many, I hope!

• Stayed May 2011
Bridgnorth Shropshire
Reviewed May 22, 2011

As a confirmed Warnerite couple, we would like to say a big thank you to the Bembridge Team. Right from first arriving on the car park, to checking out, it was an excellent experience.
We had a three night weekend break, everything was just spot on. A big thank you to all of the staff. They were all happy to help and make our break a great one.
Special thanks to Nick who served our table, he was just great, perfect timing with everything, the food was wonderful, and he always had a joke to tell.
The entertain team were just great “a proper team”
To the manager that has put this team together (and from previous experience) turned the place around, well done. You now clearly have the right people in the right job.
Many thanks to the all of Bembridge Team.

Room Tip: Solent View South
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steamtown
DebbieSouthwell, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Bembridge Coast Hotel, responded to this review, May 25, 2011
Firstly, Thank you for your review, we are very grateful and all of your wonderful comments have been passed onto the appropriate team.
It is brilliant to hear that you enjoyed your break from the moment you arrived to the moment you left and you were impressed by the evening entertainment.

We look forward to welcoming you in the future.
Mablethorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2011

We had a brilliant long weekend at the end of April. This is a beautiful hotel in a lovely setting with excellent facilities.
From the greeter in the car park, bucks fizz reception to the day we left the service was first class, warm and friendly.
Meals were delicious with a great choice and we enjoyed the Royal Wedding Gala Dinner. There were plenty of activities to dip in and out of but the weather was so good we were out and about during the day. We took advantage of the pool, sauna and table tennis mainly.
Nearby IOW Zoo is a pleasure as is The Owl and Falconry Centre. If you want a coffee and a cake then the Old Smithy at Godshill is a must. The west of the island provided some great moorland walks to walk the cake off though we didn't manage to see a red squirrel.
Evening entertainment at the Bembridge was really good and Maria, the Entertainment Manager, was great. We took the open top bus tour with her and it was a good introduction to the IOW.
Special mention to Sylvia, our waitress, who was lovely and really looked after us.
Our signature room was spotless and very comfortable. On arrival, our patio furniture was a little bit grubby so hubs went to ask at reception if someone could clean it. Before he returned, a gentleman was outside cleaning it down!
There was a good mix of ages from late 30s to 80s and everyone seemed happy, friendly and relaxed. Business allowing, we will definitely be going back. We did extend our visit for one night but wish we could have stayed longer.

2 Thank SaraBeeBath
Many thanks for your positive review and we are thrilled to hear that you had such a fantastic and comfortable stay with us.
It is great to hear that you took full advantage of our wide range of leisure facilities and enjoyed the Around the Island Open Top Tour. It is brilliant that you had a chance to visit some of the exciting attractions on the Island as well; The Old Smithy is one of my favourites.

We look forward to welcoming you again
essex
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Originally booked for 5 days but extended for 7 days. Fantastic break, all staff extremley helpful. Food was wonderful great choice and always pipping hot. Waiters and waitresses so helpful, would like to say a big Thankyou to our waitress Anna. Rooms were very nice, decor lovelly and cleaned every day including Sundays. Entertainment was very good, big big thanks to MARIA. A must to see is Paul and his Magic. Bar Staff great Thanks to Kevin and the very funny wonderful SEAN. Coffee shop staff very helpful.
This is the best Warners we have been to so far and we have been to many. Wonderful time had, so we booked to go back in Oct'11

2 Thank princesslushessex
Thank you very much for your feedback.
It is fantastic to hear that you enjoyed it so much you extended your stay and have already booked to come back later in the year!
We are very happy to hear that you were impressed with the entertainment and I’m sure you will be pleased to know that a brand new show will be in the programme for your next visit.

We look forward to seeing you in October.
Gillingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2011

Having been here every year since 2001 we realise the clientele is more over 50's. The weekends and school holidays can have younger groups. The bowling fraternity tend to be more active despite age. I have used mobility scooters hired through hotel for many years but not yet old aged. Disability is for any age. Like any brochure, you need to read "between the lines" ALL the staff were helpful at all times, especially our waiter Tom. We travel in our own car so are able to get out and about so go to favourite places and use "Bembridge" as a base. Our preference is to get out in the evening down in Bembridge Harbour or up to Culver Down. We always book a seaview so we can ship shunt!

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2011

It was our first Warner Holiday, The weekend was a special suprise for my Wife to celebrate our Ruby Wedding Anniversary. On arrival the staff were very freindly and helpful, we were greeted with a glass of Bucks Fizz..We found our room which was excellent I had booked a Royale Room with a sea view. The room was very clean and the celeberation package that I had requested was there as ordered.
We had been given a lovely table with garden and sea view. Our Waiter Nic was very freindly and made our Meal times great. the food was excellent with plenty of choice for both Breakfast and Evening Meal so good we were spoilt for choice.
After dinner Entertainment was very good.
On the Saturday Night I had booked a V.I.P. Evening our Waiter for the evening was Kieren and nothing was to much trouble for him and he made us feel very special.
Shaun the head Barman was great and mixed special Anniversay Cocktails for us.
The Entertainments Manager Maria was lovely and at the end of a very long working day for them they and the other evening staff both Bar and Show joined us for an Anniversary drink, they were all great people and made the night a very special time.
We were there for three nights and we were treated like V.I.Ps by all the staff all of the time.
Thanks to all the staff at benbridge Coast Hotel hope to see you in the near future.

1 Thank MandM030
PhilHowden, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Bembridge Coast Hotel, responded to this review, June 1, 2011
What a brilliant review, thank you very much for your feedback.

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and I am happy to hear that we made your Ruby Wedding Anniversary so very special.

I have passed on all your brilliant comments to the team at Bembridge, thanks again.

We look forward to seeing you in the future
Phil
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bembridge
The Royal Hotel
Luccombe Manor Country House Hotel
The Channel View Hotel
The Channel View Hotel
#4 of 52 in Shanklin

Been to Warner Leisure Hotels Bembridge Coast Hotel? Share your experiences!