This is almost somewhere that coulc be part of the plot of a book, the surrounding countryside is spectacular with Beamsley Beacon firmly in the foreground. It is paradise for walkers and anglers with the River Wharfe at the end of the field. This hotel deserves every superlative there is.
The hotel boasts a Michelin starred restaurant with very good reason. The food is excellent and the wine list superb. This is the only place that I have seen both Krug and Petrus in the same place albeit that my budget would not stretch that far!! For those that want cheaper alternatives there is a Brasserie at the other end of the hotel with a well stocked bar and real ale. I particulalry enjoyed the locally brewed Golden Pippin from Skipton brewery.
Rooms are a decent size and well decorated. There is also a spar and fitness centre for those who wish to partake. This is over the road very near the hotel.
Staff are very friendly and normally local to the hotel and nothing is too much bother. The hotel allows dogs in and invariably you will see the hotel spaniel wandering around who has a particular penchant for the delicious shortbread biscuits that they server with the equally excellent morning coffee.
Do not hesitate, visit and stay at this hotel, you will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 30,000 acres of land on the Bolton Abbey Estate, this impressive 4-star country house hotel boasts an award-winning restaurant, an adult-only spa, a gym and an indoor pool. Skipton is just 5.8 miles away and Harrogate is 16.2 miles away. Each elegant room has a spacious seating area and a flat-screen TV with a DVD player ans satellite channels. All rooms offer different views of The Dales, River Wharfe and Italian Garden, and all rooms feature a luxury bathroom. Situated in the very heart of the Yorkshire Dales, The Devonshire Arms Hotel has a luxurious spa featuring a sauna, steam room, swimming pool and whirlpool. A range of treatments and massages are available and the property also has outdoor tennis courts. Clay pigeon shooting, fly-fishing, and falconry displays are all possible within the Bolton Abbey Estate. The award-winning Burlington Restaurant offers a seasonal menu using the finest local produce. Guests can enjoy the ever-popular afternoon tea, and there is also a lounge bar. The Brasserie offers guests a more modern gastro-menu featuring some of Yorkshire's favourite dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Devonshire Arms Country House Hotel Bolton Abbey
- The Devonshire Arms Country House Hotel And Spa
- Devonshire Arms Country Skipton
- Devonshire Arms Country Hotel
- The Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa Bolton Abbey, Yorkshire