Our daughter has just got married with the reception, wedding breakfast and celebrations held at the Dev. We can honestly say our expectations where surpassed in every area. We knew from past experience that the place was special but it was such a thrill to hear so many of our guests mainly from London area just wowed by the standard of service, quality of accommodation in a part of the dales that my family has enjoyed for years. Collectively 20 odd rooms were used by our party.
We had chosen the indulgence wedding package which had a few extra thrills and also worked with florist Vanessa on a tailored wedding flowers package. In particular bearing in mind the Dev was catering for 99 guests the quality of the canopies and meal was absolutely first class and comparable to top London venues. Each course was served hot and all 99 within a minute or 2. The servers were discretely present and yet always by your side. We lacked for nothing. Thanks to all staff but Special recognition must go to Kalie wedding coordinator and others including Tom, Liz and porter Gary whose service was spot on.
The following day many guests met for a super breakfast followed by a walk along the Wharfe to the Strid. Everyone chatting about the best wedding ever before heading back South. The Dev did the North of England proud and I am sure will have many returning guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 30,000 acres of land on the Bolton Abbey Estate, this impressive 4-star country house hotel boasts an award-winning restaurant, an adult-only spa, a gym and an indoor pool. Skipton is just 5.8 miles away and Harrogate is 16.2 miles away. Each elegant room has a spacious seating area and a flat-screen TV with a DVD player ans satellite channels. All rooms offer different views of The Dales, River Wharfe and Italian Garden, and all rooms feature a luxury bathroom. Situated in the very heart of the Yorkshire Dales, The Devonshire Arms Hotel has a luxurious spa featuring a sauna, steam room, swimming pool and whirlpool. A range of treatments and massages are available and the property also has outdoor tennis courts. Clay pigeon shooting, fly-fishing, and falconry displays are all possible within the Bolton Abbey Estate. The award-winning Burlington Restaurant offers a seasonal menu using the finest local produce. Guests can enjoy the ever-popular afternoon tea, and there is also a lounge bar. The Brasserie offers guests a more modern gastro-menu featuring some of Yorkshire's favourite dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Devonshire Arms Country House Hotel Bolton Abbey
- The Devonshire Arms Country House Hotel And Spa
- Devonshire Arms Country Skipton
- Devonshire Arms Country Hotel
- The Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa Bolton Abbey, Yorkshire