Fabulous cosy hotel for a winter visit. Charming staff. Cosy log fires and so welcoming. Location amazing- a wander through the fields to Bolton Abbey is a must- borrow wellies from the entrance porch. Stayed in room 10 which is the wheelchair accessible room and also suitable for an additional bed. It is close to reception door at start of corridor so I found it a bit noisy but was so tired it didn't disturb me! Fab touches with home made biccies and fresh milk, bath robes, postcard to send home etc. Shame the shower room floor wasn't heated as it was horribly cold to walk on :(
Spa very pleasant although it is across the road.
Ate in the Brasserie which was delicious with excellent food and wine.Breakfast delicious and very enjoyable. Restaurant service @both charming & fabulous. well done!
Only grumble is the discretionary service charge for BOTH the hotel and the restaurant, which I had picked up from Trip Advisor. I quizzed reception @ check out and gather only a proportion goes to the staff with the rest to the hotel. Excuse me but have already PAID for the hotel!! I prefer to tip individual staff with cash as I see fit. Was offered the option to remove it but as it was nominal for a one night stay I didn't bother. I have a personal hatred of this practice- it's just not right!
Love the Chatsworth ethos - very high standard, fabulous paintings and decor. Obviously a good management team. Want to try the Devonshire Fell another time..................
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 30,000 acres of land on the Bolton Abbey Estate, this impressive 4-star country house hotel boasts an award-winning restaurant, an adult-only spa, a gym and an indoor pool. Skipton is just 5.8 miles away and Harrogate is 16.2 miles away. Each elegant room has a spacious seating area and a flat-screen TV with a DVD player ans satellite channels. All rooms offer different views of The Dales, River Wharfe and Italian Garden, and all rooms feature a luxury bathroom. Situated in the very heart of the Yorkshire Dales, The Devonshire Arms Hotel has a luxurious spa featuring a sauna, steam room, swimming pool and whirlpool. A range of treatments and massages are available and the property also has outdoor tennis courts. Clay pigeon shooting, fly-fishing, and falconry displays are all possible within the Bolton Abbey Estate. The award-winning Burlington Restaurant offers a seasonal menu using the finest local produce. Guests can enjoy the ever-popular afternoon tea, and there is also a lounge bar. The Brasserie offers guests a more modern gastro-menu featuring some of Yorkshire's favourite dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, LateRooms, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your The Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Devonshire Arms Country House Hotel And Spa
- The Devonshire Arms Country House Hotel Bolton Abbey
- Devonshire Arms Country Skipton
- Devonshire Arms Country Hotel
- The Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa Bolton Abbey, Yorkshire