“Luxurious, romantic, perfect!”

Glenskirlie House and Castle
Ranked #1 of 1 Banknock B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 15, 2009

Stayed for one night (not long enough!) and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. As previous posters have said, there is not a lot to do in the area, but that didn't matter - we were not going anywhere from the lovely hotel!

Staff were very friendly and helpful and showed us to the amazing bedroom, we had a mini suite. It had the most comfertable bed and fab claw foot bath with red lights in the floor. We had a table, so we decided to have room service from the bar and grill menu - food was great and it was a treat to eat in the lovely room.

There were 2 weddings in the hotel, we could hear a little noise when we opened the windows but nothing from inside the hotel which was great.

All in all a fab stay and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Wouldn't hesitate to stay again

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jen&Tim

Reviewed November 12, 2008

I've just returned from a romantic night away with my partner at Glenskirlie House and Castle and I have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone.

The staff were friendly, helpful and clearly very happy to work there. As we were first time visitors, they were keen to tell us all about the history of Glenskirlie. Even the night-porter was lovely!

We stayed in room 103, aptly named "Cupid". It wasn't huge, but very romantic and the bathroom was excellent - the shower was brilliant! The thing that struck me was the attention to detail. I've had the opportunity to stay in much more expensive boutique hotels and never experienced the same level of quality or style.

We had dinner in the House and the food was excellent, well worth spending a little extra on.

We enjoyed a full Scottish breakfast in the lovely Grill area (with a beautiful full length stained-glass window). And it's worth mentioning that, although we arrived just ten minutes before the end of breakfast, nothing was too much trouble and we didn't feel hurried at all.

For us, it felt like a high-class modern boutique hotel without the usual pretentiousness.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LJ08
Reviewed October 28, 2008

Absolutely loved the service, every single member of staff was outstanding and that, I'm afraid, is a very rare quality in the UK these days.

Nice, traditional looking buildings from the outside, but this look vanishes inside. Some might like that, traditionalists won't, but they need to appreciate the 'castle' was built this century.

The internal finish is modern and contemporary, the only hint at it's external 'castle' style are the oak doors with wrought iron hinges, and the rough and ready finish to the plasterboard edges - it would have been more authentic with proper plasterwork.

I still loved the interior. Every room has a different style and a unique room name, the castle/honeymoon suites were fantastic, albeit slightly pricey.

The only thing that would let this hotel down as a resort, is the location. There's simply nothing nearby, and the two adjacent villages are a bit......erm..... grim!

Also, we were there for a wedding, as are most guests, and if I wasn't attending it the noise might have been unbearable.

Lovely breakfast in the morning. Throughout the castle there's loads of nooks to have a bit of quiet time, that's a nice touch.

Overall - we loved it!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DiamondDon1903
Reviewed September 29, 2008

We stayed at this hotel on the 29/09/08 and I cant praise it enough.

This is a new build hotel in the theme of an old scottish castle. The decor is lovely and really different. The hotel restraunt is in a separate building and is fine dining at its best. The food is expensive but really good.

We booked a dinner, bed and breakfast package direct from the hotel which included a bottle of wine for £245 for the two of us (my husband and I).

When we arrived we were upgraded to one of the suites and oh my god it was soooooooooo lovely. The room was huge with a massive 4 poster bed hidden behind a cutain of beads. There was a walkin wardrobe and 2 sofas and a dining table which sat 8. Down a few steps was a dressing room and then up a few steps was the bathroom. There was a huge power shower and a massive jacuzzi along with 2 vanity units made from some kind of stone. Really stunning and the staff were great too. Plus molton brown in the bathrooms must be class!!!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank davaca
Reviewed September 16, 2008

I don't really know what to say about this place. I thought I was going to a country house hotel, but it turned out to be a series of new buildings on the road side, one of them being a sort of new build castle style place with not an ounce of atmosphere in it at all. All style and no substance. The bedroom was so overdone in a kind of no taste way, real flash with massive red velvet cushions on the bed done out like a flower and lots of black everywhere, and red bulbs in the bedside lamps, a chair was covered in fur as was the bed! There was a wedding on and don't get the room above the front door, the racket was a real nuisance. I think this is a place for functions and food and I believe the restaurant is good. Our bar meal was tasty and hot with attentive staff, but the staff in the castle thingy were not the same.
I wouldn't go here again, it was all a bit odd.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank katydrAberdeen
Reviewed April 27, 2008

My wife and I stayed here for a night for the first time in February. The hotel is probably 30 minutes for glasgow, and had been recommended by a friend. The hotel has recently been refurbished to a very high standard, and the rooms are all unique and have differerent styles. A lot of money has been spent on the rooms, and they feel lavish.

The hotel has 2 dining areas, the more relaxed Grill, situated in the hotel main building, and the dining room which is more formal. We choose to eat in the dining room which has 3 AA rosettes. The food was great but the service a tad slow, but I'm probably being over critical, as it was a very enjoyable night away.

Hotel is certainly worth a visit for those people looking for somewhere new in West of Scotland to stay.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
4  Thank mjlove
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banknock
Castlecary House Hotel
9 mi away
Hotel Colessio
Hotel Colessio
#7 of 20 in Stirling

Been to Glenskirlie House and Castle? Share your experiences!